Home

Press Row Podcast: Making NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast: Making NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #25
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Press Row Podcast: Making NBA 2K15

Was nice listening to the podcast, want to say I find it hard to believe that many people said they liked the cut scenes and stories in MyCareer and wanted more but actually I'm not totally surprised.

I understand there's probably no way of doing it or it would be extremely hard but wish we had option to turn off the linear story lines. This is a small gripe and with what's been announced won't stop me from getting and enjoying the game this year.

Also wanted to say that IMO the first primary goal should always be to improve on the court, then branch off from there.

Last edited by Sinner; 09-07-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #26
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
He again emphasised that association modes are one of the least popular. This is amazing to me; totally unbelievable.

Reading these boards for the last 5 years, I would have thought it was the most popular.
I'm sure it just ended up being quick games.

My team is the most popular last year but that doesn't make it the better one.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #27
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

This podcast actually confirmed my belief about the future of sports gaming. It explains why Madden, NBA2K and the rest are all shifting gears towards online modes; that's where the people spend their time and money. I don't like that direction as a Franchise Mode type but I can't knock it because it just makes sense from a business POV. I'm glad we have guys on the 2K team who are still passionate about Franchise mode and will continue to flesh out that experience for us, though.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #28
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
This podcast actually confirmed my belief about the future of sports gaming. It explains why Madden, NBA2K and the rest are all shifting gears towards online modes; that's where the people spend their time and money. I don't like that direction as a Franchise Mode type but I can't knock it because it just makes sense from a business POV. I'm glad we have guys on the 2K team who are still passionate about Franchise mode and will continue to flesh out that experience for us, though.
Well they had a great online franchise mode but it didn't make it into the game this year. Its more fun with friends then playing alone IMO

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

All I want in Online Leagues is the ability to play multiple seasons!
Old 09-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #30
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Well they had a great online franchise mode but it didn't make it into the game this year. Its more fun with friends then playing alone IMO
I may ultimately end up online. CPU logic will never meet human intelligence governing a team anyway. It just won't. And that's no knock at the 2K team. These guys are insane with what they're doing with this game. I'm checking this site everyday like a crackhead looking for new NBA 2K info. lol. I may even give online a shot this year depending on what 2K has in store for us. But, I will always keep me an offline mode going just because I like to get deep into Association mode. And now that we have 80, there are gonna be many different "era's" to come. It's not about playing alone VS playing against a person. I just like to watch the league change over time and know that my decisions helped shape it in some form or fashion.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #31
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Fun is wholly subjective
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #32
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Fun is wholly subjective
thats why i had to add the IMO. I got a full friends list of 2k players and playing the cpu isnt half the fun of playing in a online 82 game league on HOF SIM with multiple seasons. But depending on what site I venture into the community thinks differently. on the 2k.com site is all about online which is different from OS 2k community.

i started playing 2k at 2k3 so i play offline also. But for a social person like me with military friends all over the world online is where its at

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

Last edited by thedream2k13; 09-07-2014 at 06:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »