Home

NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #129
Rookie

alexbrg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

In addition to player editing, the option to change jersey numbers/captains was also left out, if I understand correctly.. That's disappointing.

Sean, any chance it might be patched in at some point?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #130
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
No the solution is totally not buy this product even at $30.
Guess I just disagree with this statement.

There *is* a new game here, it's just missing a ton of stuff.

I just feel that adjusting the price this year to reflect that would have been the correct move PR wise.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #131
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46
Look at that - A Company listening to people and trying to make something right/better.

Never thought I'd see all of these updates for NHL 15. Still a lot missing, but much better than the initial launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 5

One way to get this game without them profiting from you is craigslist. That's the route im taking.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #133
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Rammer, long time EA NHL fan and as a hockey player I love the attempts by you guys to get as real an NHL game as you can on a console.

That said, I loved the NHL gamecenter type look with the sim engine to allow you to sim period by period. Is that something you are hopefully looking to bring back...? It was great to be able to sim a game and still know what all happened gameplay wise as opposed to a normal sim where you just get the score. It really helped to add to the depth in Be a GM and I would love to see it back. Any potential info on that?

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 09-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #134
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Rammer, long time EA NHL fan and as a hockey player I love the attempts by you guys to get as real an NHL game as you can on a console.

That said, I loved the NHL gamecenter type look with the sim engine to allow you to sim period by period. Is that something you are hopefully looking to bring back...? It was great to be able to sim a game and still know what all happened gameplay wise as opposed to a normal sim where you just get the score. It really helped to add to the depth in Be a GM and I would love to see it back. Any potential info on that?
Damn, wait, this is gone from Be a GM too? So you can't jump into games?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #135
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

From the EA Forums....

Q: I know there’s not going to be a next-generation version of NHL 14 this year. Was there a reason for this? Was there not enough lead time up to when your studio got the final build of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Or did you want to just make sure you had a better quality product to put out the following year?

"Sean Ramjagsingh: We wanted to be focused on putting out the best game for this console generation. It’s fantastic that we focused all of our efforts on PS3 and 360. The great thing about EA Sports right now is the sharing that we’re doing. The UFC and FIFA franchises; those guys are figuring out how to develop for next-generation consoles and the technological challenges that come with developing for new consoles.

So they have to figure that part out and then build features on top of that. For us, since we’re coming in later on, we won’t have to battle all those technological issues because they’ve figured them out already. This lets us focus more on the features which is something fans can appreciate…"

Playoffs??? Playoffs??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #136
Rookie

Comp's Arena

I can't complain with this. Even if we can only use NHL players. Still will add replay value to the game for me. Faith restored EA, thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »