Home

NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #209
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMcbain
THAT is the question I had as well... if I had to bet the update will only affect the core files not the save files so we would have to start a new one... hope I am wrong though
Yeah I hope you're wrong too.. I'm not waiting until October to start a BeaGM.. I guess if we have to start over, so be it. I have a feeling if they do patch this game (which I still have my doubts) we might be waiting until hockey is deep into its real season.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #210
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze
Ah...I do see your point with the metaphor. However I absolutely disagree about the trolling. I was simply expressing my disbelief in the flip-flop I am seeing by some folks after being thrown a bone. So long as I am respectful, I see no reason why it would be considered trolling. Or am I missing something?
To me, the second part gave the entire post a mocking tone. I don't like to see the forum take on a toxic air due to polarizing comments that divide the community. People shouldn't be put on the defensive because they're buying, just like critical posters shouldn't be harangued by "positive" posters. No matter how strongly you feel about the issue, you must be able to accept that someone else can take the opposing view.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #211
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
I've got a bad feeling that outside of the stuff mentioned in the OP we are not going to see any extra modes or features being added in to NHL 15. Statements as those above just scream NHL 16 or NHL 17.

I'm personally waiting it out to see if they prove me wrong. But as it stands, the game as is on day one plus the content mentioned by EA still does not equate to a $60 purchase for me!!
I think you nailed it here. Honestly, I don't know that it's a bad thing at this point. We already know what have (or don't have) with NHL 15. I'm all for updates, but the last thing I want to see is these guys still trying to polish this turd in November rather than work on making 16 as good and full featured as it can be. It's a bad situation no matter how you slice it, but I'd prefer to have a lacklustre 15 and decent 16 vs. having 2 half baked titles in a row.

There's a saying in my industry (image making), "sh*t in, sh*t out", and I think it applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
To me, the second part gave the entire post a mocking tone. I don't like to see the forum take on a toxic air due to polarizing comments that divide the community. People shouldn't be put on the defensive because they're buying, just like critical posters shouldn't be harangued by "positive" posters. No matter how strongly you feel about the issue, you must be able to accept that someone else can take the opposing view.
Off topic, but I just want to give Qb a quick thumbs up. It's nice to see a mod giving a warning and explanation/conversation vs. an outright ban.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #212
Just started!

OVR: 0

So the NHL team had a full year and still excuse their code being legacy? What the hell did they do for a year?

I did buy the game and it feels a lot like last gen, yes the commentary is different, but the hitting, the money goals, the super powered catch-up AI on superstar when the AI is losing.

When you skipped NHL 14 for PS4/Xbox, I thought for sure you guys were trying ti bring out the best.

This gen and last gen are the reason I'm not into gaming as much. The constant BS, the purposely removing features and labeling it as DLC. Why are we paying $70 for an unfinished product?

I really miss 2K sports' NHL series, EA does not give a crap about quality or quantity, I skipped last year's entry so I needed my NHL fix, but it's more of the same, definitely skipping next year's game.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #213
Just started!

I understand bringing everything in the series to next gen is a daunting task. However, the little things that were left out is what disappoints me. Things that are listed above and well anywhere at this point. For me I play BaP heavily. So things like simulating to your next shift is a big deal or maybe playing in the chl up to the draft. That couldn't have been to difficult EA. Or the draft issues for BaGM. These are simple things! Not entire game modes. If these could be patched I would be way happier especially shift simming. The coach feed back is cool but takes all of 13 sec to read maybe. I can't play a game in real time cause it would take to long. So shortening periods changes stats for me and teammates. I pay attention to these things. Patch the little things if you can! Please.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yes. I bought it. It didn't mean I am less critical about the game than any other member of this board. I made a decision that I was willing to live with the shortcoming and hoping EA will add content. In the meantime, there's this little game call "Destiny" that I will go play with my friends.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #215
Rookie

Here are my questions, are many people who love OTP/BAP planning to stick with 14 currently?

When they speak about the OTP patch in, they aren't referring to the fact you can create your pro and play, they mean OTP with current rosters, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #216
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeOfThorns
When they speak about the OTP patch in, they aren't referring to the fact you can create your pro and play, they mean OTP with current rosters, correct?
Yes, the OTP update will feature 5v5 play using NHL teams/players. We haven't been told anything beyond that, but we know it won't be with created pros or clubs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »