Home

NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land (Showing Off Player Introductions)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land (Showing Off Player Introductions) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #113
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land (Showing Off Player Introductions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Man, I had a set for Oracle arena that was pretty meticulously made. Not just the right song and playlist. No way. Songs would come in at the exact section and beat that I heard played and was reffed against DVR footage.

I also wanted even more situational audio, like timeouts for each quarter, since certain songs would always get played in the second half or late in game.

Then we lost the feature all together in next gen.
I bow down to you. We need this in 2K16
Old 09-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #114
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Sweet! And they are back! What was last 2k game that had this? Btw is that the real announcer in Cleveland or an actor? I'm wondering if each team is specific or is that to much? Lol
it's definitely not the real Cavs announcer. I live in Cleveland, so I know what the real in-stadium announcer sounds like (his name's Ahmad Crump - he's pretty well-known in Cleveland).

I know 2k has strong attention to detail, but I wouldn't expect them to record the real announcers for each individual stadium. i imagine in 2k15 every stadium has the same generic announcer voice...which is fine with me - i'd rather them use the megabytes for animations and gameplay than waste it on including sound files for every announcer in the league...

plus...what if a player changes teams? then there won't be an existing sound file of the new city's announcer saying that player's name (so you'd have to have EVERY announcer in the league re-record the audio every year to account for new players added to their team...and if a player gets traded mid-season, it won't matter anyway. it's way too huge of an undertaking to have real stadium-specific announcers.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-16-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #115
Pro

OVR: 6

I bet most people would skip over it. I know most online people would. They don't even care about starting lineups...they just press right away and jump ahead every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
it's definitely not the real Cavs announcer. I live in Cleveland, so I know what the real in-stadium announcer sounds like (his name's Ahmad Crump - he's pretty well-known in Cleveland). I know 2k has strong attention to detail, but I wouldn't expect them to record the real announcers for each individual stadium. i imagine in 2k15 every stadium has the same generic announcer voice...which is fine with me - i'd rather them use the space for more animations and gameplay than take up a bunch of space by including sound files for every announcer in the league...

plus...what if a player changes teams? then there won't be an existing sound file of the new city's announcer saying that player's name (so you'd have to have EVERY announcer in the league re-record the audio every year to account for new players added to the team...and if they get traded mid-season, it won't matter anyway. haha. better just to have a generic announcer voice for every stadium.
Different scenario, but that reminds me of 2K's in the mid-00's that had some custom Pistons PA sounds. For instance, they had a "Chauncey B-B-B-Billups" that sounded very Mason-like. And when he got traded, I think it went back to a standard "Chauncey Billups" call. Does 2K still have some signature PA sounds after player scores? Those were great (and the free throw sound fx, though they always had the wrong one for Detroit).
Old 09-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #117
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I bet most people would skip over it. I know most online people would. They don't even care about starting lineups...they just press right away and jump ahead every time.
That's one reason the intros aren't there every single game
Old 09-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 0

can someone confirm that we get this presentation online?? Thats Dope!!

Last edited by Mr.Zip; 09-16-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #119
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Nice! Love that we have player introductions back.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #120
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

WOW !!!! I'm have flashbacks of sega dreamcast. I've waited literally over 10 years for intros to return.

AMAZING VIDEO !!! Very happy !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »