Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #145
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Those arent demos. Those are beta versions of the the game that are on disks. Big difference. And before you ask...they couldnt (nor should they) just slap a beta version onto PSN or Xbox Live and call it a demo. There are size restrictions so they would have to take a significant amount of time to change the beta into a demo.
And what they've done in past years is simply cut the audio, plays and main menu in the demos as compared to what they showed off in the gaming events
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #146
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
I agree...

Competition brings out the best in people. I believe personally that we will see better games from both companies in the coming years. I think once both EA & 2K finally learn what they can really do with these new systems we will start to see top notch NBA games from both.

But I do think that 2K made a mistake by not releasing a demo seeing that they didn't give us gameplay videos this year. And the fact that NBA 2K14 on the next-gen had missing features and suspect gameplay. I myself don't like how they are marketing the game this year. I think no real competition has made them a little too cocky. But that will change since EA has got back in the game. I want to see both games be great!!!!
We have 2 weeks until release. Why are we assuming they will never release gameplay vids?

Also lets say they dont release gameplay vids. Why are people forgetting that things are different now? With the 360/PS3, it was rare that anyone streamed or made videos of a game if they got it early. Now with the PS4/One, there are always people streaming vids 3-4 days before release/ So people will have plenty of time to see gameplay and decide if they want this game.

****, I'm willing to pay a ton of money to get the game early and if I do you can guarantee I will be streaming it. People will have plenty of opportunities to see the game before release.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #147
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
And what they've done in past years is simply cut the audio, plays and main menu in the demos as compared to what they showed off in the gaming events
Thats not true at all actually.

Last edited by aholbert32; 09-22-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #148
Pro

OVR: 2

Doesn't bother me honestly. We'll get the demo while we are installing the disk like last year anyways. Probably.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #149
Pro

OVR: 10
I would have loved for them 2 release a demo but I'm not stressing it. Game's already paid for and I'm taking the day off on 10/7. I'd just like 2 start seeing some official gameplay sooner than later...meaning 2day 😉
Old 09-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #150
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Oh well... I don't need a demo... I just need to know when this bad boy pops up on eBay.

#stillwaitingformytimetocomebuthopefullyitshouldnt betoomuchlonger

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #151
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We have 2 weeks until release. Why are we assuming they will never release gameplay vids?

Also lets say they dont release gameplay vids. Why are people forgetting that things are different now? With the 360/PS3, it was rare that anyone streamed or made videos of a game if they got it early. Now with the PS4/One, there are always people streaming vids 3-4 days before release/ So people will have plenty of time to see gameplay and decide if they want this game.

****, I'm willing to pay a ton of money to get the game early and if I do you can guarantee I will be streaming it. People will have plenty of opportunities to see the game before release.
Well that's you Bro, I am not willing to pay a ton of money to play any game. Especially if it turns out to be crap. I mean what sense does that make? I have a real life and real responsibilities as many of us do. Don't have the time or money to throw away to basically be a tester. I mean when you go to buy a car (if you're old enough to), you don't just buy the car without a test drive do you? Or you wouldn't just buy a house by only looking at the outside?

The "hide and reveal" game is not the way 2K needs to go. I like it when they are open and sharing with the community like they use to do. Not this 2nd hand crap where we have to get poor quality leaked footage, and then no demo. That's not the 2K we have grown to love. That's why we all loved 2K over the years because they did not do the "hide & reveal" game. We got plenty of info & videos thrown at us well in advance of the game release, not a few days before. We all loved their openess.

I'm not a fanboy of no game or no company... I don't buy a game just because. I like to know what I'm getting. But hey that's just me.

I can't be mad at you though... this is the era of the "Fanboy".... It's becoming contagious.

Last edited by KingofATL; 09-22-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #152
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Well that's you Bro, I am not willing to pay a ton of money to play any game. Especially if it turns out to be crap. I mean what sense does that make? I have a real life and real responsibilities as many of us do. Don't have the time or money to throw away to be basically a tester. I mean when you go to buy a car (if you're old enough to), you don't just buy the car without a test drive do you? Or you wouldn't just buy a house by the looking at the outside.

The "hide and reveal" game is not the way 2K needs to go. I like it when they are open and sharing with the community like they use to do. Not this 2nd hand crap where we have to get poor quality leaked footage. That's not the 2K we have grown to love. That's why we all loved 2K over the years because they did not do the "hide & reveal" game. We got plenty of info & videos thrown at us well in advance of the game release, not a few days before. We all loved their openess.

But hey I can't be mad at you... this is the era of the "Fanboy".... It's becoming contagious.
This is funny coming from you homie when you said something like this....

Quote:
I hate to admit it but....

For the first time in a while, I am actually more excited about NBA Live 15 coming out than 2K this year.
"Hide and reveal" HAH! Do you realize that the devs are very active and answers questions? Of course you don't since you seem to just pick which thread to jump in and have your little agenda.

Last edited by Goffs; 09-22-2014 at 11:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »