Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #153
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
Well that's you Bro, I am not willing to pay a ton of money to play any game. Especially if it turns out to be crap. I mean what sense does that make? I have a real life and real responsibilities as many of us do. Don't have the time or money to throw away to be basically a tester. I mean when you go to buy a car (if you're old enough to), you don't just buy the car without a test drive do you? Or you wouldn't just buy a house by the looking at the outside.

The "hide and reveal" game is not the way 2K needs to go. I like it when they are open and sharing with the community like they use to do. Not this 2nd hand crap where we have to get poor quality leaked footage. That's not the 2K we have grown to love. That's why we all loved 2K over the years because they did not do the "hide & reveal" game. We got plenty of info & videos thrown at us well in advance of the game release, not a few days before. We all loved their openess.

But hey I can't be mad at you... this is the era of the "Fanboy".... It's becoming contagious.
OK first things first. Dont call me a fanboy ever again. I'm gonna give you a pass and not ban you for a personal attack because I'm in a forgiving mood but dont ever personally attack me or another OS member again.

Two, comparing this to a car or house purchase is the height of stupidity. This is a 60 dollar game. Those are thousand dollar purchases.

Three, I have a career, a wife and a newborn son so I have a real life and real responsibilities. I also have a career that pays me enough where I can handle those responsibilities (and then some) and still have plenty of money to buy a game or pay more than retail to get it early.

Four, if you arent blessed enough to be in a situation where spending 60 bucks on a game isnt that serious...maybe you should do what I suggested and wait until the game comes out, watch videos and streams and decide if you want to buy the game. Or you can spend 5-10 dollars and rent the game using redbox or gamefly.

Finally the reason I can buy this game without a demo is because I liked 2k14 and I liked the 20 plus videos we've seen. I also liked the features they added to the game. I dont need a demo to know that I will like this game.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #154
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This is funny coming from you homie when you said something like this....

"Hide and reveal" HAH! Do you realize that the devs are very active and answers questions? Of course you don't since you seem to just pick which thread to jump in and have your little agenda.
No dude I'm just unbiased... I dont d*** ride any game or company.

And yeah I am excited to see EA come back to the game. I've been a fan of both games over the years. And yea EA fell off, glad to see they are trying to come back. As I said before I want to see both games be great. And yea both companies have done the "hide & reveal" thing at one point or another.

Soooooo what's your point? You just tryna get attention huh? And what agenda is that dude? My dude you are obviously a fanboy I mean how does any of that offend you? Because I like competition and want to see both games go hard? Man kill yourself!!!!

Last edited by KingofATL; 09-22-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #155
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
No dude I'm just unbiased... I dont d*** ride any game or company.

And yeah I am excited to see EA come back to the game. I've been a fan of both games over the years. And yea EA fell off, glad to see they are trying to come back. As I said before I want to see both games be great. And yea both companies have done the "hide & reveal" thing at one point or another.

Soooooo what's your point? You just tryna get attention huh? And what agenda is that dude? My dude you are obviously a fanboy I mean how does any of that offend you? Because I like competition and want to see both games go hard? Man kill yourself!!!!
Aaron just asked you not to go name calling did he not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #156
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No one says it is wrong. Where do you guys get that? Just saying it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal.

They have a full gameplay team man. Don't you think they worked at all? There have been gameplay impressions all over the place. IKC being one example. Now, with that said, any changes they make to address the so called "legacy" (term that is way overused here) issues never get done with a hammer. So if they aren't completely gone, Nit #1 will cry "they totally ignored the issue", when they've clearly made some sort of improvement. That doesn't help them at all.
I am not saying nobody worked on gameplay, not at all. But we don't know what else they've done outside of adding a shot meter. Sure, there are gameplay impressions. But there is always the possibility that there is a placebo effect. Again, we have no idea what the gameplay and AI teams have been doing for the last year. There has been no transparency. That is why I'm wary. I'm sure they put a lot of time and effort into the game, but that doesn't mean that big issues that I had (me, personally) have been addressed.

Please keep in mind that I am not saying it will be the same game with the same issues. I am simply saying that for me personally, the lack of a demo directly influences my decision to purchase the game. I purchased NBA 2k10-2k13 on release day based on the information released beforehand, and 2k14 about a month later based on impressions and track record. From a gameplay standpoint, I was not satisfied enough with 2k14 to warrant a blind purchase of 2k15.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 09-22-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #157
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
If you're only going to look at the situation in a vacuum and not take anything else into account, then I'd say you're being extremely fickle and particular, and likely would never be satisfied. Given NBA2K's history, everything they've announced to date in terms of how various game modes have been enhanced (which was THE biggest complaint here last year), 2K's continued effort in signing experienced game designers and respected, talented community members to their team to practically form a Dream Team development team, the fact that 2K14's games (both last gen and this gen) were fairly highly regarded from a gameplay perspective, the fact that the game has historically been one of the best sports games in terms of gameplay slider customizations, etc...
You're right; they have addressed one of the biggest complaints in terms of adding/revamping/fleshing out modes. But that doesn't mean they address my issues with the game. Like I said above, I wasn't satisfied enough with 2k14's gameplay and AI on the court to justify a purchase of 2k15 without seeing firsthand what has been changed.

Quote:
and you're still going to tell me you feel "on-court issues I had last year weren't touched"?

Give me a break. It's your right to be as picky as you want. But 2K literally has to thread the needle with gamers like you. Imo not worth chasing when you're likely going to find any little thing to your dissatisfaction. These guys aren't infallible, the game isn't going to be perfect. If they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt by now in your eyes, best not to purchase the game.
I never said I expected perfection. And I don't expect every single issue I had to be fixed, especially in a single cycle. But, with the lack of information, I can't help but be cautious. Hopefully they prove me wrong and some of the major issues I had last year will be fixed, but until I am able to see it for myself, I can't make an informed decision.

Quote:
Again - when have they ever "rehashed" the on-court game? Last year, they do a lot from a gameplay perspective and it's complained they didn't do enough with the features. This year they make that a focus and now the gameplay's a question lol. I guess they just hired all those new gameplay-centric guys (to an already strong team) for show?
Again, I never said they did nothing. But, until I see otherwise, it still lies within the realm of possibility that major issues I (personally) had went unaddressed. They've released a bunch of news on modes and features, which is great. But why can't the same amount of information be released for the area where I would be spending 90% of my time with the game?

Quote:
It's a videogame. It isn't a house or a car requiring some huge purchasing decision. If it does, then better to hold off purchasing if you feel the "gameplay hasn't been addressed" because they haven't told you it has been lol.
No one has to tell me that anything has been addressed. But if they are not going to come out with information on what has been worked in directly, then that's where a demo would suffice, so that I can see the changes for myself. But, I have a hard time making a purchase on blind faith.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 09-22-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I am not saying nobody worked on gameplay, not at all. But we don't know what else they've done outside of adding a shot meter. Sure, there are gameplay impressions. But there is always the possibility that there is a placebo effect. Again, we have no idea what the gameplay and AI teams have been doing for the last year. There has been no transparency. That is why I'm wary.

Please keep in mind that I am not saying it will be the same game with the same issues. I am simply saying that for me personally, the lack of a demo directly influences my decision to purchase the game. I purchased NBA 2k10-2k13 on release day based on the information released beforehand, and 2k14 about a month later based on impressions and track record. From a gameplay standpoint, I was not satisfied enough with 2k14 to warrant a blind purchase of 2k15.
Just don't buy it. I wouldn't give a company my money with all of these concerns. Plus with another basketball game coming out that looks legit, you have choices. Too much stress trying to decide whether to purchase a video game or not.

When I am disgusted by a game or company and their practices or product, I speak with my wallet. That's why choices are great!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #159
Pro

OVR: 10
I mean...if you buy the game and don't like it, you normally can return it for a full refund. No harm, no foul so I don't see what the big deal is. You'll get your precious $65 back to put in your piggy bank. I get the eagerness for a demo but what are you gonna do? Complaining doesn't change anything. All it does is make you upset....then what?? Be Fonzie guys 😎
Old 09-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #160
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
I mean...if you buy the game and don't like it, you normally can return it for a full refund.
Where can you do this? I've never had a store allow a return of software for a full refund.

I wish there were a demo, but it's really not too big of a deal for me. There are videos, reviews, impressions, livestreams, etc. that you can gather pretty much all of the info you need to make an informed purchase decision. Waiting a day or two to read impressions and watch a livestream or two won't hurt.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »