Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #89
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel4lyfe851
I think you always got drafted in 11 but if you played bad in the three summer season games you would play for the d-league team of the NBA team that drafted you until you picked up your level of play. That's what happened to me at least when I chucked half court shots every game until the season started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I see. But weren't people getting drafted in the 2nd round? They should have built off this. I just don't like the fact that everyone will experience the same storyline. It's your player. Why am I following their story?
Old 09-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #90
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I mean, this mode is what it is at this point. It NEEDS story don't get me wrong. It just needs to be implemented correctly and have a really solid vision behind it. Everyone wants a little piece of everything, but there is a perfect medium floating out there they haven't found yet. It's a tough proposition especially only being 2 years in, but if they have the right mind(or eventually have the right mind) behind it, it'll be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
Wish they would have given us the "sandbox" feel that they gave franchise guys for MyLeague. No matter how good the cut-scenes are or the story, it will always feel like the same experience every time you play. This mode could be so much more without VC or the linear stories we are forced to play through. I have a much different idea of how I want my personal MyPlayer's career to be and its frustrating that it won't be possible. They should call it TheirPlayer.

Agreed with both of you.

1 - First, 2k should give us the ability to pause, rewind, and skip cutscenes.

2 - Then add the ability to CHOOSE YOUR OWN PATH into the NBA:

- As a 'Top 10 Lottery' Draft Pick, or...
- As a 'Top 10-20 Sleeper' Draft Pick, or...
- As a (late 1st or 2nd Round) 'Prospect' via the Draft
- As an 'Undrafted Prospect' via Summer League / Invitations
- As an 'Undrafted Prospect' via Free Agency
- Earn a spot as a 'Journeyman' via D-League
- Earn a spot as a 'Journeyman' via Euro League

3 - Maybe even give us the ability to select a 'wingman' on the same team, or a 'rival' from a different team. Or both. (Optional)

- A 'wingman' will give you a certain stat boost whenever you are on the court together. (Think Jordan & Pippen for on-ball defense/passing lanes, or Stockton & Malone for the pick-n-roll, Magic & Worthy for fast-breaks / Transition game, Olajuwon & Sampson for shot blocking & rebounds, or Bird & McHale for post-playmaking / kick out 3-pointers, etc. - ie Pick your wingman & pick a stat boost)

- While a 'rival' will provide more 'dynamic challenges' both on & off the court (Thru on-court gameplay & team chemistry milestones, or via off-court endorsements, charity donations, local fan support challenges, or social media 'followers', etc)

That way, we could get multiple storylines, more goals & trophies, and deeper interactions with our MyPlayers.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 09-22-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #91
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

With this MyCareer I would say Rookie of the year award would probably be out of the question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #92
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Aghh... Welp.
Spoiler

But in all seriousness, this looks 1,000,000 times better than last year, and it actually shows promise. I think I might actually enjoy this years MyCareer.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #93
Pro

YungGun's Arena

I don't like the fact that you have to go undrafted, but I'm still gonna play MyCareer like crazy.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
Agreed with both of you.

1 - First, 2k should give us the ability to pause, rewind, and skip cutscenes.

2 - Then add the ability to CHOOSE YOUR OWN PATH into the NBA:

- As a 'Top 10 Lottery' Draft Pick, or...
- As a 'Top 10-20 Sleeper' Draft Pick, or...
- As a (late 1st or 2nd Round) 'Prospect' via the Draft
- As an 'Undrafted Prospect' via Summer League / Invitations
- As an 'Undrafted Prospect' via Free Agency
- Earn a spot as a 'Journeyman' via D-League
- Earn a spot as a 'Journeyman' via Euro League

3 - Maybe even give us the ability to select a 'wingman' on the same team, or a 'rival' from a different team. Or both. (Optional)

- A 'wingman' will give you a certain stat boost whenever you are on the court together. (Think Jordan & Pippen for on-ball defense/passing lanes, or Stockton & Malone for the pick-n-roll, Magic & Worthy for fast-breaks / Transition game boosts, Olajuwon & Sampson for shot blocking & rebounds, or Bird & McHale for post-playmaking / 3-pointers, etc)

- While a 'rival' will provide more 'dynamic challenges' both on & off the court (Thru on-court gameplay & team chemistry, or off-court endorsements, charities, fan support, or social media 'followers', etc)

That way, we could get multiple storylines, more goals & trophies, and deeper interactions with our MyPlayers.
Not practical or feasible to have that many different story lines with different characters. Maybe they can come out with a non-cut scene/non-story version of MyCareer in the future and make it sandbox like MyLeague.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #95
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene, Face Scan and More! (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
What is your definition of "voice work?" I didn't do get any vibes of GTA outside of it being a cutscene with talking and nearly every game has that. If anything it's closer to NBA 2k7 or NBA The Life's.

For reference:

Mostly it's his agent and the overall feeling of semi-humorous drama. The fast talking overly dramatic way that his agent speaks. I'm not arguing that it doesn't remind me of the videos you posted, it just gave me a similar vibe to a GTA cutsene.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #96
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

I'm the only one who likes this? Can't wait....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »