Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #65
Rookie

Moss44's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

I love how they're working on MyCareer a ton, but I still the the undrafted thing and the Rivers thing is a bit much.

However, I think this year is a bit of a "growing" year for 2K on the next gen consoles. I am making a bold prediction but I think that next year you will have certain options for the storyline (EX undrafted, first rd, second rd, etc) and there will be several changes that will be for the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #66
Rookie

This is all great but I think the way players progress in MyCareer should be similar to that of FIFA's progression system. Instead of earning points you have to complete certain goals to increase your attributes. For example, If you score 20 points in one game that is +2 to your shoot, and if you get 10 assist in one game that's +2 for assist. Just something to keep in mind next year.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #67
Rookie

"You choose which team to try out for, but you must keep in mind what the depth chart looks like. A handy hub screen gives you a quick glance at the current depth chart as well as the grade you'll need to reach to receive a job offer. If you want to crack the roster of a great team with depth, you will need to have a lights-out performance."

LOVE this
Old 09-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #68
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Game Informer: 44 Things We Know about NBA 2K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I believe Doc is the only coach who did a voice session so thats why.

People need to start thinking of this more as a story mode and not a career simulator. In a story mode, you have to interact with the players and have to be involved in the events the mode has. You have limited control over what happens in the mode other than the games you play and choices the mode allows you to make.
I think people should do the opposite. If they want a career simulator, let their voices be heard. There are ways to add fluid, robust story content without forcing the user to hold to such a tight script. Knowing that almost everyone is going to turn out as a very good to great player by year two, it's easy to narrow down the story options to a few basic NBA career paths.

Rivalries, bonds with coaches, feuds with upper management and interactions with the media can all add to the story while affecting what happens on the court without handcuffing the user.

People scoff at the idea of simulation in MyCareer, but it's potentially the most realistic mode. After all, you don't control 5 people when you play ball in real life. You do the best you can and hope that's enough to contribute to a win. The different emotions based on your teammates good/bad performances is unique to MyCareer and shouldn't be so easily replaced with a script.

An NBA Career Simulator is a mode worth fighting for, worth speaking up for. The more 2k takes this mode out of people's hands, the less tolerant customers will be for bad storytelling and directing.

Without being belligerent, insulting or dismissive, I'm frankly stating that I don't like the nature and philosophy that MyCareer is taking. You can still have cutscenes with a branching path that has more(not unlimited) player freedom and relies mostly on gameplay.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #69
Rookie

OK. I'm back on the 2k hype train. 10-7 can't come fast enough.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #70
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

While I'm a diehard offline-MyLEAGUE fan, I'm shocked none of my online-counterparts have brought this up yet. Not knowing how online leagues work at all, what does "regular online league" mean?
Quote:
MyLeague is not online this year, but 2K hopes to add this functionality in the future You can, however, still play in a regular online league.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #71
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

I'm still hyped up, but I had the feeling there would be something in the game that people would have problems with. I hope this Rivers thing was it and not something worse.

I like the undrafted aspect, as well as fighting for a contract, but the Rivers thing is a bit much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #72
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Everything was cool until that Doc Rivers thing man...I mean, why? Is that truly needed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »