Home

EA Sports UFC Free Content Update #3 Available Now, Full Details Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Free Content Update #3 Available Now, Full Details Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #17
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: EA Sports UFC Free Content Update #3 Available Now, Full Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Do it!
I'm going to get it for a few reasons.

1- I need a fighting game and want and need to get my UFC fix.

2- I want to support you guys and am impressed your in here getting feedback and interacting with fans as well as I think you guys have done a tremendous job post release with updates.

Can I ask a question you probably can't answer but maybe it's more of a request. Will sliders and editing fighters styles be an option in the future? This way it could give users ability to change some flaws in gameplay like CPU over aggressiveness and stamina issues. I think in today's day and age of video games customization is only way to go to allow each individual opportunity to tweak game to their liking or idea of sim. Just my 2 cents and I'm sure it's been discussed already. Thanks for all your guys hard work! It go's a long way here!
Old 10-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
In all seriousness though, this patch is the last one for core gameplay features and balance. Future patches won't have the same depth of changes as these last ones have had, they will be more along the lines of critical bug fixes.

So the gameplay experience we have now will be it for the most part until UFC 2.

There will still be more updates to come, more fighters and some other cool stuff I can't talk about, but for gameplay what you see now is what you get.

I'll let the other guys comment on the overall quality level as you probably don't want to hear that from me.
Are fighters still going to be released per month? Id be willing to pay for em too!
Old 10-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I'm going to get it for a few reasons.

1- I need a fighting game and want and need to get my UFC fix.

2- I want to support you guys and am impressed your in here getting feedback and interacting with fans as well as I think you guys have done a tremendous job post release with updates.

Can I ask a question you probably can't answer but maybe it's more of a request. Will sliders and editing fighters styles be an option in the future? This way it could give users ability to change some flaws in gameplay like CPU over aggressiveness and stamina issues. I think in today's day and age of video games customization is only way to go to allow each individual opportunity to tweak game to their liking or idea of sim. Just my 2 cents and I'm sure it's been discussed already. Thanks for all your guys hard work! It go's a long way here!
It's being discussed for sure, and the desire for sliders has been heard. That's really all I can say at this point, our feature set for the sequel is far from being decided upon.

A lot of people think sliders are easy, and in some ways they are but they really add a lot of complexity to testing.

Even something as simple as a sim mode and an arcade mode doubles the amount of testing needed to be done on a game, doubles the amount of tuning, all that stuff.

Giving access to arbitrary sliders gives the end user the ultimate freedom, but makes the testing matrix huge.

I'm not saying it won't be done, just giving insight into why it wasn't done for this game.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #20

OVR: 34

They really did a solid job on jabs and combinations. While I'm still not crazy about how stamina replenishes so quickly, you can really see the benefit in putting thoughtful combos together.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #21
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Ive played the computer a handfull of times since the patch. Maybe its just the fighters ive used. But my stamina seems to drain far quicker than theirs and im not throwing alot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #22
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Ive played the computer a handfull of times since the patch. Maybe its just the fighters ive used. But my stamina seems to drain far quicker than theirs and im not throwing alot
I can guarantee that the CPU and users stamina systems and tuning are identical.

So it either has to be the fighters used or the strategies employed.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #23
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Just played a match on pro offline and have to say the changes really make it feel a lot better.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #24
Rookie

I am sorry to post this here but i havent heard a single word on when the patch will be dropped for XBONE.

Can't find it anywhere and is on ps4 since 2 days now...

Any help would be largely appreciated ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »