Home

Scanning Your Face Into NBA 2K15 Is Kind of Hard

This is a discussion on Scanning Your Face Into NBA 2K15 Is Kind of Hard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
This Damn kinect camera won't read my face unless im far away & my shoulders end up in the box but it always ends up putting my eyes down by my nostrils & so on. Frustrating!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #42
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Scanning Your Face Into NBA 2K15 Is Kind of Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoySykk
This Damn kinect camera won't read my face unless im far away & my shoulders end up in the box but it always ends up putting my eyes down by my nostrils & so on. Frustrating!
that happened to me first time too. you have to make sure your camera is exactly eye height. if you took glasses off and held them straight out front of your face 6-12inches thats where the camera needs to be. I had to put my camera on a dresser and 2 tissue boxes to get it to the right height and it worked .

for those who are having problems with the camera not picking up your face (not turning green) try using less light. I did the 2 lamps method at first but it wouldnt pick up my face until I just used regular lighting in the room. my skin tone was perfect. im a white dude though so not sure if that made a difference from the guy who made the tutorial. also make sure you turn your head real slow and not farther than 30 degrees or it loses your face.

the guy in the tutorial also said if it loses your face at any point start again. On my second I got a good scan but it was only 3700 points it captured and it said average capture or whatwver so I tried again. on the next attempt every time I turned my head it lost my face. must of did this 15 times but I figured I would just see it through and not start over. it eventually finished and it captured 5800 points and turned out perfect.

not saying any of this will work for you but maybe my results will help someone having problems even if they follow the tutorial.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #43
Just started!

**** at this point I wish I could even get the god damn alien... everytime I try to scan the piece of **** red box never turns green
Old 10-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #44
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2
my scan wasnt awful but im still struggling with number of points should I go faster or slower wtih my head turn?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #45
Rookie

Guys, the most important lighting is right in front of you, remember the camera is only focusing in 1 direction which is straight ahead, you are providing the angles by going left to right.

If you have an unbalanced amount of light (natural window light from 1 side, and a lamp light from the other sided), it will lose track of your face.

But don't expect that you can use a flashlight, the light that is in front of you has to have a broad angle, and try to direct it into your face.

After I did this, 3 hours later, I was able to get counts of 4000, 4 consecutive times, and before, I didn't even get 2000, and it was telling me I had a problem with my scan.

Also, if the camera if losing your face, its due to not enough lighting, or u are drifting in and out of focus, I have a big face so 6 to 12 inches was too close, my scans only came out at a distance of 18 to 24 inches, huge difference from the directions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #46
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
Guys, the most important lighting is right in front of you, remember the camera is only focusing in 1 direction which is straight ahead, you are providing the angles by going left to right.

If you have an unbalanced amount of light (natural window light from 1 side, and a lamp light from the other sided), it will lose track of your face.

But don't expect that you can use a flashlight, the light that is in front of you has to have a broad angle, and try to direct it into your face.

After I did this, 3 hours later, I was able to get counts of 4000, 4 consecutive times, and before, I didn't even get 2000, and it was telling me I had a problem with my scan.

Also, if the camera if losing your face, its due to not enough lighting, or u are drifting in and out of focus, I have a big face so 6 to 12 inches was too close, my scans only came out at a distance of 18 to 24 inches, huge difference from the directions.
my experience is the opposite of this. I had light in front and it wouldnt read my face until I took the light away. also it wouldnt read my face until I got it 6-12 inches away. I honestly think from reading up on it that people need to figure out what works for them.it seems to vary.

curious are you using kinect or ps4 camera? im using ps4 camera so just curious if its the format were using that would give me complete opposite results as you.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #47
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCFClemson
my scan wasnt awful but im still struggling with number of points should I go faster or slower wtih my head turn?
I went ridiculously slow. I also held it once I got to the left for a few seconds before I turned it right.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #48
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Someone should aim their butt at the camera and show the result.

As in, what the face scanner comes up with, not asking to be mooned lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »