Home

NBA Live 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
Only have played a little so far, but I could instantly feel the differences and changes from 14 lol.

Graphics and some animations are much smoother. Controls feel responsive. Felt good not having to fight the controller like last year.

This is feeling more like the old LIVE I was expecting from 14. It has it's own graphics and feel to it, with the arcade fun.

Going to play some more later. Still have a lot more to do and find out before deciding if i want a Day 1 purchase.
This is the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 12:44 AM   #42
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions

I'm playing the cavs vs thunder intro game....

My take...first things first...Where was this live 3 yrs ago??????!!!

Atmosphere and courts are A+
I like this default camera angle
Faces are really spot on or a big miss
Body types hit and miss
The controls are fluid ...kudos

Presentation flows better this yr....halftime is ok but jalen just says they or he when referring to a team or player..which kills the immersion.

Contact animations in the paint are hit and miss...I performed a layup with durant on varajao and instead of a contact animation initiating durant basically pushed him out the way while varajao was still in the animation of standing there...so he basically slid across the paint lol ...now when it does kick in its nice !!!

Animations as a whole are whats killing me ..its like they're jerkin and look unnatural at times you can definitely tell where one animation ends and one begins the players clip in and out of em they need to be smoother....

I hate my players just stand there while I have the ball..please make motion auto in 16

Shots need to be fixed ...it seems all quick releases are Great

Fastbreaks still feel slow...not like 14 but the sense of speed differential between players is lacking

Post moves and paint defense???????

I love how you can body your man on D by just following his movements and initiating contact without pressing and holding LT(shout out to WTF for that headsup)

One thing I did like I shot a 3 with westbrook, kyrie contested but as his hand went down it touched westbrook's elbow and a foul was called.

Would I pay full price for this no....would i consider a black friday purchase yup....is it better than the other game hell no...but it has potential and a very strong upside if they continue to tweak it and adjust it....it might be a little too run n gun /arcadish for me(too much running up and down the court dunking) But I had a decent experience with it ..decent stuff EA this I will say THIS is what live14 shouldve been

Ps..... man yall got kyrie looking like he has a black helmet on his head for hair and those oversized warmups/snuggies the players are wearing are attrocious jeez

Last edited by swac07; 10-23-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawsool
This is the issue.
Have you played the game?
Old 10-23-2014, 01:18 AM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Its better but its still not there yet. Animations are still an issue. The atmosphere and control are great and arguably the best of any basketball game out. Not enough movement by the CPU or CPU teammates.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:19 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsportsgamer
No online leagues or associations at all. Doesn't matter however because online is ridiculous. I won my first game 49-46 but all you have to do after a miss shot is hit pass like twice on the fast break and it is a dunk every single time. Also, the timing on shooting is atrocious. If you release at the top of your jump like offline it will always read LATE and never go in. You seriously must barely tap the shoot button to even have a shot at having a great release. The fast break spam ruined the experience for me however because on every single miss I had, once my opponent figured out to just pass up the court fast and dunk..... That's all he did.
What about the quality of the online? Lag free?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 01:20 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Playing on All-Star, block shots are too easy again this year.

Game is very responsive. Always loved that about Live.
I enjoyed my time playing this game. It is going to be different at first. The controls and shot in general are pretty different. Timing for the shots in general and free throws are literally a tap of the X button or square button. For the controls, I was throwing alley oops all the time because on 2k it is screen hehe. Overall in the first two games i have played I am pleasantly surprised in how live 15. AI is smarter and can actually play defense! Physics are great.

Only question I have is the ea access and demo have the day one patch or is it the game that is coming out minus it?
Old 10-23-2014, 01:25 AM   #47
Rookie

PrynceKee's Arena

Quick impressions after my first game. The game raises your expectations when playing through the tutorial. The controls are responsive during the tutorial. The player model looks good although the faces are off on a lot of players. The shoes look amazing and are very detailed. Once the you finish the tutorial and you start a full game you'll immediately notice the polish of the 5 on 5 game take a hit, at least I did. I noticed that it's too easy to block shots and the passing felt a little sluggish even though I think the controls are responsive. I always felt like I would make a pass to a wide open player and it'll take too long to get to the player and they're not as open any more when they received the pass.

The commentary wasn't good and very low by default. I felt like it was also too easy to steal passes even from everyone one he court. I was able to generate a lot of fast breaks off steals. The CPU AI on offense wasn't that great either besides Westbrook taking a lot of shots. Durant only had 8 field goals the entire game and it seemed like the AI was really focused on guard play. On defense it was a little better. They started double teaming Love in the post and when I got Lebron going they double teamed him as soon as he got the ball. I really like the presentation, especially the half time and post game show. It's exactly like an NBA on ESPN broadcasts although Jalen Rose is a little robotic.

I think all in all this is a big improvement over last years game and is a playable game of basketball. I don't think it's worth $60. There is fun to be had with the game even if it's not up to NBA2k15 quality just yet...

Last edited by PrynceKee; 10-23-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

more than one camera option?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »