Home

NHL 15 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Full Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #153
Rookie

kyussmanchu's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Full Details Included

Played my first game ever yesterday (Be a Pro). Had a 7-1 lead going into the 3rd period. CPU decided that they were going to score on literally 85% of their shots and they won in OT 8-7. I can honestly say that this is the worst NHL game EA has made since NHL97. I'm gonna putz with sliders to see if I can make this game playable...
Old 10-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #154
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

^^^^LOL!

Did you have Eddie Lack in net or something?? Can you post their shot total and your period length?
Old 10-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #155
Rookie

Istorvir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyussmanchu
Played my first game ever yesterday (Be a Pro). Had a 7-1 lead going into the 3rd period. CPU decided that they were going to score on literally 85% of their shots and they won in OT 8-7. I can honestly say that this is the worst NHL game EA has made since NHL97. I'm gonna putz with sliders to see if I can make this game playable...
Make sure you're playing on hardcore gamestyle; it might help. EA has come out and stated that all other game modes are easier to score and be scored on and have a much more "arcade" type feel. Don't remember the exact post, but it was on their forums. I've played on hardcore since I got the game on the release date and I've never had a team score more than 6 on me. I've also never scored more than 6 on the CPU. To elaborate, this has happened once for either occurrence in about 70 games played. I do see 5 goals for a team maybe once in 8 or 10 games, though.

Last edited by Istorvir; 10-27-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #156
Rookie

kyussmanchu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
^^^^LOL!

Did you have Eddie Lack in net or something?? Can you post their shot total and your period length?
I don't remember the totals but they finished with around 27 shots and I was playing 7 minute periods cuz watching from the bench for 20 mins in BAP is not something I want to do. Ever.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #157
Rookie

kyussmanchu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istorvir
Make sure you're playing on hardcore gamestyle; it might help. EA has come out and stated that all other game modes are easier to score and be scored on and have a much more "arcade" type feel. Don't remember the exact post, but it was on their forums. I've played on hardcore since I got the game on the release date and I've never had a team score more than 6 on me. I've also never scored more than 6 on the CPU. To elaborate, this has happened once for either occurrence in about 70 games played. I do see 5 goals for a team maybe once in 8 or 10 games, though.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out for sure.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:23 AM   #158
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Tried to edit my earlier post but deleted it ? but what I wanted to add is on how I play its almost guaranteed when the cpu gets a huge hit or two a goal is soon to come and then they stay in head hunter mode .

Now if I lessen hit power Im worried where will the cpu gets its goals other then generated ones as they mostly use big hits as the catalyst but then I dont wanna turn the game into bump cars either as big hits control the great scoring chances.

But playing on Simulation has given me more control that I needed especially in tilted ice mode to make the game responsive but still random and a joy to play again for the most part as I won 3-1 , 3-2 and 7-1 with Hank getting yanked and lost 4-1 , 3-1 ,3-0 and 5-2 but no OT games .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-28-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #159
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Tried to edit my earlier post but deleted it ? but what I wanted to add is on how I play its almost guaranteed when the cpu gets a huge hit or two a goal is soon to come and then they stay in head hunter mode .

Now if I lessen hit power Im worried where will the cpu gets its goals other then generated ones as they mostly use big hits as the catalyst but then I dont wanna turn the game into bump cars either as big hits control the great scoring chances.

But playing on Simulation has given me more control that I needed especially in tilted ice mode to make the game responsive but still random and a joy to play again for the most part as I won 3-1 , 3-2 and 7-1 with Hank getting yanked and lost 4-1 , 3-1 ,3-0 and 5-2 but no OT games .
i have hit power at 0, and they still get plenty of big hits.
i played 2 games in a row last nite with the same 2 teams.
i lost one game 4-3 in ot.
then i won 5-1
shots were even in the first game.
second game i had the edge 30-22 i think.
i play 8 min.

pretty fun games
out of my 30 shots in game 2, i think i had about 20 quality chances.
if the goalies were normal, id win both games by at least 6-7 goals easy.
Goalies are just a way of making their patheic AI managable i think.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #160
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah it's weird.. hit power at 1 and I was seeing 7-10 PP's a game, I lower it to 0 and I still see 4-6 per game, but the hits come in a much better spot instead of all over the place.

When you watch a real hockey game, guys aren't flying to the ground every 5 minutes, mostly when the checking lines are out.

I think default hitting which is +2 on hardcore is set up for an arcade style of play with big hits all over the place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »