Home

NHL Community Committee

This is a discussion on NHL Community Committee within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #65
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL Community Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Wow. Just wow.

First off, before I get into anything here I want to really take a moment and say thank you to everyone on here that thought of me and supported me for this. It does mean a lot that you guys think so highly of myself. I'm not a roster guy or ratings guy, and I am not even really an offline guy. The main reason I thought I would be a good consideration is because I am primarily a club and OTP guy. Logging well over 1000 online games each and every year since the feature was introduced.

That being said, I am not upset that I wasn't chosen. I felt that any one here could have done a pretty good job if they had the opportunity to do so. The biggest thing for me was that OS was going to get to be a voice and really have a chance to make a difference finally. I was excited to be able to let whoever got to go what I felt was needed to start turning this franchise around for the better.

But that really didn't happen as we all know. Nothing against the guys that were chosen because they may be great choices, but we truly have no idea what they are about because they are not a part of our community. It seems as though they joined here specifically for this and with their youtube following were able to get the votes. Smart move on their part and we really can't begrudge them for doing so.

However, what stinks for the rest of us is that now we at OS once again had promises made and something dangled under our noses. We followed and obliged only to get the rawest of deals, yet again.

And there-in lies exactly what is wrong with EA and the NHL team there. I sat back for weeks and watched after this thread was first made. I wanted to see how much follow-up and communication we would have from EA in regards to specifics on this. As usual there was nothing. We had the original post on 11/04 stating the first event would be held in "late November". And we didn't hear another peep until 11/21. Which, in my mind, pretty much is late November. At that time the the "official voting" started. And it wasn't in-house as probably many of expected, but was off-site and with little fanfare or mention of it here at OS.

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't expect to win. However, seeing how many people liked my entry and how many posters here were mentioning my name I felt that it might be a good idea to perhaps start looking into it. So I did my due diligence and started letting people know that I may have to leave town for a few days. Not sure if EA realizes it, but flying half way across North America on a moment's notice isn't idea for a lot of working people, or family people, or students... or anyone with a life. Not to mention during the holiday season. So bringing this up to bosses and family is kind of a big deal. Securing a passport for an international flight is also a big deal for some and is something that cannot simply be done in a few weeks.

Bottom line, this was handled very poorly, in my opinion. And it doesn't take a trip to Vancouver to say this; This post and its implementation is representative of exactly everything that is currently wrong with EA Vancouver in regards to the NHL series. The poor communication (even changing the date to December with little notice or mention). The lackluster development and organization of the event and program itself. And the horrible implementation of how it all went down with allowing outsiders to come in and take what was being offered to this close knit community. All of this leaves very sour tastes in many of our mouths and is a reflection of your company as a whole. It is almost what we have come to expect and what some of us were actually hoping we could hope to change with a program such as this.

As I already stated, I am not angered or upset in not being the one chosen. I am just downtrodden for this community that it will not have a true voice in the matter. Not a liaison to work between us and the team producing our most beloved of games. And none of this would have really even been a thought in our minds had this post and position not been promised to us, the COMMUNITY at Operation Sports.
bigwill for pres! Don't let up yet, chances are EA will see this well-warranted backlash and as an attempt to re-win our faith will bring on you or Simple or someone. Though, as you stated perfectly above, the mere hope of that is almost pointless with the abysmal communication EA has provided.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #66
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I believe this was an NHL "Community" vote. Not specifically an OS one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 11-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #67
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I believe this was an NHL "Community" vote. Not specifically an OS one.

Yep, I know I voted for people from the EA forums as well. However, my (and others) main critique is that OS does not seem to be actually represented, only by name. Two people with one post apiece? I'm sure plenty of people voted for them, youtube people, but I feel they may have been better suited to represent a "youtube" committee (if there is something like that).

No offense to them at all, just voicing my opinion.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #68
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

this is a easy fix that EA has the chance to correct, instead of going by who has the most votes take a look at the poll and pick the top two guys who are actual active members of the OS boards.
All I want out of this is to have someone from are community represent us, these forums are full of passionate hockey fans who love this game and have been playing it for years so I'm sure anyone of the entries would do a great job just please correct this and make sure it is indeed one of us.
This is like having a a guy from china win presidency it just shouldn't go down this way.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #69
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I'll say this again: This wasn't an OS poll, it was a Community poll. We are a SMALL NICHE of the internet, not the majority. The same is true in the sales % of the game.

The sooner everyone accepts that, the easier this will be.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 11-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #70
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I'll say this again: This wasn't an OS poll, it was a Community poll. We are a SMALL NICHE of the internet, not the majority. The same is true in the sales % of the game.

The sooner everyone accepts that, the easier this will be.

I'm a little confused here, Mil. I stated above that I (and I think others) don't think OS is being represented despite being told that we would be represented. What does our SMALL NICHE have to do with anything if we're told that we'd be represented? That small niche should have a voice, I think—isn't that what OS is all about? I understand that others vote on this, but I think the chosen "OS Representatives" represent a different part of the NHL gaming community. I'd love to see the chosen people go, but I think a lot of minds would rest easy if a regular OS member was given a chance as well.

My thoughts.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Everyone needs to calm down. Oohwayy and I are extremely dedicated to the game mode of EASHL and frankly pretty talented at it. Maybe I don't have a million forum posts but I have been dedicated to this game mode for as long as I can remember. I will do my best to communicate ideas to ea. Maybe instead of bashing us you can give us some ideas that you would like us to convey. Thanks again. UTP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #72
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utp102
Everyone needs to calm down. Oohwayy and I are extremely dedicated to the game mode of EASHL and frankly pretty talented at it. Maybe I don't have a million forum posts but I have been dedicated to this game mode for as long as I can remember. I will do my best to communicate ideas to ea. Maybe instead of bashing us you can give us some ideas that you would like us to convey. Thanks again. UTP
Thanks for posting. Glad we can give you input. I think I explained myself and wasn't bashing you, but I'm more than willing to drop it.

I think it would be awesome to be able to develop your own style of goalie. As one myself, I think it would add a lot to the position and induce more people to give it a go.

I'd also love 3-on-3 hockey with a goalie. Unranked of course, just a little rink thing (I think NHL 2k10 had something similar offline?) to have fun when your teammates aren't on and you want to blow off some steam as it were before gearing up for a 6 vs. 6 sim-tailored game.

I'll post more ideas when I think of them. Perhaps you would be so kind to set up a thread for this purpose?

EDIT: "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war?" Seems like it. Ha ha.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 11-27-2014 at 06:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »