Home

NHL Community Committee

This is a discussion on NHL Community Committee within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #73
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL Community Committee

I don't want to get into any trouble for this because I've been on this board for a while, love it and I'm not trying to troll. Here is my main problems with the way the guys got voted in. As it was presented to us, there would be representatives from OS and EA forums. That would not mean the whole community would be involved, just those communities. I'm not doubting Ooohway and utp are great players, but they're signed up here and not part of our community. I don't mean any disrespect and I'm in no way bitter at them for how it turned out.

I'm bitter about how this was handled. It seemed like these 2 guys came in and got the vote over people that represent OS very well. We have lots of passionate posters on here and sometimes that passion overspilled into ways and areas it shouldn't have. This is the first year devs have been back on here in a while. I appreciate that, it made me feel like we had a voice.

Then this vote happens and although we don't have a huge EASHL following, we have guys who could shape the game in a positive way. They don't get the vote but instead it's given to two guys who most people here do not know exist. In the voting section it even split the guys into two categories, leading me to believe that the guys would be from OS. I just wish EAC had handled this better. I would rather have no voice at all than dangling this carrot in front of me that people I read and converse with could have an impact on the game I love so much. I'm starting to learn that communication with EAC is non-existent. It's like writing a congressman, they'll say enough to get your vote then not bother listening until they want something else.

Good luck to Ooohway and Utp. I've seen Ooohway's videos and I'd much rather have him from the youtube side of things than others. I don't know much about Utp, but please help them fix the defense.

Last edited by Cletus; 11-27-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #74
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

well Oohwayy and UTP103 you guys are new around this part of the internet I see, I'd like to take this second to congratulate you guys on joining the nhl community team and hope you guys have nothing but success while doing so.
Now I'm going to take a fatherly approach here... think of it as a what are your intentions with my daughter type talk HAHA

So we dont know much about you guys, where did you come from? what do you do? and what are your goals for this series?

Since you guys where voted in as OPERATIONSPORTS nhl community member do you guys have any intentions in sticking around and working with all of us? I think what really upset most people about this is that we seen this as a key moment to actually have are thoughts heard and now we are more or less worried that we don't get that chance now.

Anyways guys the balls in your court and its your time to shine, welcome to OS.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

I understand where you all are coming from. I would probably be frustrated too. However I urge you to think where we came from too, if you want to put it that way.
*Before I go off on a ramble of thoughts, know that UTP and I aren't forum posters or blog posters or anything special, so this forum post might come off as unprofessional or goofy.

Some of you mentioned us coming from a "YouTube Community". I'm sure if you are the slightest bit familiar with EA Sports NHL YouTube Content, that you know it is 95% dominated by HUT videos - most of them being pack openings.
I think whether we made the vote from the EA Forums site or the OS site, we would have received criticism. As stated before, we simply play the game (a lot) and don't necessarily type about it. Instead, I (and I'm sure I can speak for UTP too) would rather make a video or something to express my thoughts/opinions/ideas. We both posted our application answers to each of the forums, and if we had made it from the EA Forum side those dedicated forum posters would probably be upset with us too (for good reason).
Furthermore, I highly doubt that EA chose us to be a part of the vote because of our YouTube reputations (Side note, UTP and I don't even have the greatest rep anyways lol). If EA was choosing based off subscriber count, they would have looked at bigger YouTubers applying to this, such as TargetAudience18 or TacTixHD, both at about 15K and 21K subscribers respectively. UTP and I currently sit at 4K and 2.5K, most of which are "dead" subscribers because we are not the most active YouTubers either (mainly because no EASHL on next-gen).

I personally believe that I am one of the better dmen in the game and that UTP is also an exceptional winger. We both have played our fair share of games and have generated our own ideas/thoughts as to how it can be improved.

From reading your forum posts, I know you all are irritated with EA Sports just like how I think we've all been for a long time. I figured I should apply to both forums for twice the chance to be picked, as any reasonable person would probably do. Hopefully you guys can understand where we're coming from (although I probably wasn't very clear anyways) and we'll try to understand where you guys are coming from!
If we combine the ideas from OS that you have, as well as our own personal ideas with your YouTube subscribers' ideas along with leaguegaming 's LGHL 6v6 league I'm a part of, I'm sure we can generate some great things for EA to consider for the future of EASHL.

Not really sure what I'm trying to say here to be honest with you all.
For future purposes, it is best to contact me on twitter @ TheOohwayy as I'll get a notification right away on my phone. I'll try to come on the OS forums more often too!
-Oohwayy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #76
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy
I understand where you all are coming from. I would probably be frustrated too. However I urge you to think where we came from too, if you want to put it that way.
*Before I go off on a ramble of thoughts, know that UTP and I aren't forum posters or blog posters or anything special, so this forum post might come off as unprofessional or goofy.

Some of you mentioned us coming from a "YouTube Community". I'm sure if you are the slightest bit familiar with EA Sports NHL YouTube Content, that you know it is 95% dominated by HUT videos - most of them being pack openings.
I think whether we made the vote from the EA Forums site or the OS site, we would have received criticism. As stated before, we simply play the game (a lot) and don't necessarily type about it. Instead, I (and I'm sure I can speak for UTP too) would rather make a video or something to express my thoughts/opinions/ideas. We both posted our application answers to each of the forums, and if we had made it from the EA Forum side those dedicated forum posters would probably be upset with us too (for good reason).
Furthermore, I highly doubt that EA chose us to be a part of the vote because of our YouTube reputations (Side note, UTP and I don't even have the greatest rep anyways lol). If EA was choosing based off subscriber count, they would have looked at bigger YouTubers applying to this, such as TargetAudience18 or TacTixHD, both at about 15K and 21K subscribers respectively. UTP and I currently sit at 4K and 2.5K, most of which are "dead" subscribers because we are not the most active YouTubers either (mainly because no EASHL on next-gen).

I personally believe that I am one of the better dmen in the game and that UTP is also an exceptional winger. We both have played our fair share of games and have generated our own ideas/thoughts as to how it can be improved.

From reading your forum posts, I know you all are irritated with EA Sports just like how I think we've all been for a long time. I figured I should apply to both forums for twice the chance to be picked, as any reasonable person would probably do. Hopefully you guys can understand where we're coming from (although I probably wasn't very clear anyways) and we'll try to understand where you guys are coming from!
If we combine the ideas from OS that you have, as well as our own personal ideas with your YouTube subscribers' ideas along with leaguegaming 's LGHL 6v6 league I'm a part of, I'm sure we can generate some great things for EA to consider for the future of EASHL.

For future purposes, it is best to contact me on twitter @ TheOohwayy as I'll get a notification right away on my phone. I'll try to come on the OS forums more often too!
-Oohwayy
Welcome to OS and please stick around. Most of the guys that are in the NHL forum here have been for years. It's a group that is rather familiar with each other. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy

-Oohwayy
Good post brother
Old 11-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #78
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

I dont care how nice and well spoken you guys are......
its hogwash (I dont mean to sound mad rude)

but having said that.... PLEASE work with some of the true OS members, since you will be representing Operation Sports.

CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK YALLS!!
Old 11-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #79
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by utp102
Everyone needs to calm down. Oohwayy and I are extremely dedicated to the game mode of EASHL and frankly pretty talented at it. Maybe I don't have a million forum posts but I have been dedicated to this game mode for as long as I can remember. I will do my best to communicate ideas to ea. Maybe instead of bashing us you can give us some ideas that you would like us to convey. Thanks again. UTP
First Congrats you Won fair and square and Im very proud your representing us at OS as a unbiased voice and sorry about the many whiners who cry foul without any facts as that happens alot here at times , so once again thanks and Good Luck I know youll do us proud
Old 11-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #80
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Congratulations to the two winners, from a veteran OS member.

I won't comment on the results of the vote as I feel that has already been addressed enough. I'll just say that I'm relieved that EA (seems) to want to make a more concerted effort to work directly with the NHL community, and I'm happy that OS is on board.

Best of luck to the winners. Make the community proud, and steer this ship in the right direction. We're rooting for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »