Home

NHL 15 Fan Survey Lists Modes EA is Considering for NHL 16

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Fan Survey Lists Modes EA is Considering for NHL 16 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2014, 03:48 AM   #25
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
EA pushes their Ultimate Team in all their games. Their Football title, after polls taken, has shown more people playing Offline Franchise mode, yet they still focus on Ultimate Team. Heck they even have Cam Newton telling you to try one of two popular modes #1 Ultimate Team or #2 Franchise - smh Not listening to what the fan base is telling them, nor what their data states.
As for NHL, they dump Franchise/GM-Owner Mode, then they'll see the sales of their game fall even further down the charts. Hockey has always had a loyal fan base. The EA Hockey series has been one of the bright spots in EA Sports line-up. Always pushing the envelope and adding new things to Franchise mode until the end on Last-Gen.
Priorities!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #26
Rookie

mlbtheshowfan7's Arena

OVR: 0
All I know is that BeAGM isn't back next year, I'm done with this series, a mode like that is the most important part of a sports simulation game for me.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 2
The AI is such trash in this game, goalies are simply the same robot in different color jerseys, maybe you should focus on key aspects like that instead of trying to figure out what lame game modes your casual fan base wants to play.

Of course, none of this will happen because EA refuses to pay attention to detail when they can just cash in on casual fans.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Where the heck is GM/coach mode??

I want to be able to build a team by drafting and trading players but i have zero interest in setting the ****** popcorn prices at the arena. Also, the threat of being fired or offered a job with another team is not possible in ownwr mode.
Agree completely. BeAGM has gotten stale since NHL 10. That is the only mode I play and the reason I finally stopped buying the newest version. NHL 15, from the reviews, still makes no meaningful changes to that mode. This does not bode well for NHL 16 either. Sadly, sports videogames are as lacking as they have been since Atari days, some 30 years ago. One football game, one hockey game (stale year after year), one baseball game (if even that). I have never been so disappoint in the videogame industry.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #29
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
I don't mind the idea of the arcade like modes, zamboni racing sounds fun, but they need to focus on core, sim modes and features first and foremost before offering modes just for fun. The complaints for nhl 15 were due to the lack of modes that have been traditionally offered, not a lack of arcadey, non-essential modes.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #30
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Fan Survey Lists Modes EA is Considering for NHL 16

You guys seem to be confusing GM Connected (the mode that EA says was the least-played) with offline Be A GM.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #31
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 15 Fan Survey Lists Modes EA is Considering for NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pressure
The AI is such trash in this game, goalies are simply the same robot in different color jerseys, maybe you should focus on key aspects like that instead of trying to figure out what lame game modes your casual fan base wants to play.

Of course, none of this will happen because EA refuses to pay attention to detail when they can just cash in on casual fans.
Don't worry, you won't even be thinking of the AI whenever you see how realistic their on-ice physics are for their Zamboni's.

I realize now that blaming Rammer was out of place. He's just stuck trying to keep his job working for a company that has so completely lost touch with their fan base. EA can't seem to see past sales figures and play time. I've got a feeling EA is going to all but guarantee NHL14 was the last game i bought in the series, and NHL12 was the last one that i truly enjoyed played. Hats off, EA. You're terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 10
EA has their priorities straight... What a joke. Zamboni Racing? 3 on 3 big head mode? These are purely gimmicks. Have fun isolating your fanbase EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »