Home

NHL Community Committee

This is a discussion on NHL Community Committee within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL Community Committee

Its not so much whom was chosen, but more important...will EA "LISTEN" to their suggestions and implement them. I don't care for another EA trick, smoke and mirrors.

We the community want change to the EASHL. This is your last chance to redeem yourself EA.

Good luck to those that have been chosen.

Drog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #82
Rookie

Hey guys just checking in again. I am trying to come on OS more often but if you would like to tell me some ideas you have, tell me to check out a certain post, just talk to me in general whatever, feel free to tweet me @utp102 where I can communicate with whoever ASAP. Thanks again!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #83
Pro

boxers's Arena

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTSNHL

After we have received enough applications, we will put the top candidates into a poll and the community will vote in the top 2 fans from OS onto the committee.

The entire committee will be made up of fans from different EA NHL communities, including the official EA Forums and Operation Sports.

Note: To participate in the committee you must reside in North America and be able to travel to Canada.

Thanks,
EA NHL Team.
Sorry guys, I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but I think utp is missing the point. I personally have nothing against him, I'm sure he's qualified and will do a great job -- in fact, since I don't play EASHL, I have no horse in this race . BUT, what is the point of saying we will vote in the "top 2 fans from OS" if that isn't what is going to happen.

The point is that this vote was supposed to be an effort to have the OS community represented and I presume voting occurred through other websites to have their members added to the committee). Ultimately, what happened is 2 guys got voted who apparently had a combined total of 3 posts and registered the very same month this poll took place.

Maybe I don't understand how the voting process. Here is what I thought was supposed to happen:

step1: OS members nominate other OS members
step 2: EA selects the best nominees and asks OS members to vote
step 3: OS members vote for their chose nominees

Is that what happened? Because no one on OS seems to know either of the 2 winners, so I'm having hard time understanding what just happened. Couldn't this all have been avoided by running the vote through the OS forum since you have to be registered?

Anyways, I apologize for re-opening old wounds but I just feel the whole "we're EASHL players, guys, trust us" response seemed to miss the point of people's complaints. No one is saying utp and the other fellow are not going to do their jobs well and no one is jealous that they were chosen. In my case, I'm just taken aback by the EA's lack of communication and clarity. If you're really trying to make amends with the community, you would think the least they could do is make an effort to be transparent on something that should have been very simple.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #84
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
First Congrats you Won fair and square and Im very proud your representing us at OS as a unbiased voice and sorry about the many whiners who cry foul without any facts as that happens alot here at times , so once again thanks and Good Luck I know youll do us proud
No need to call people whiners. I think it's fair to be a little unhappy that people from OS seem to have been mislead.

Everyone was under the impression that people who were actively part of the OS Community on a regular basis, and posted here often would be given a spot as well as posters from EA. It's not that anyone dislikes the people who are representing OS, it's that frankly, no one knows who they are, and i don't think it's a stretch to guess that they don't know a lot about OS. This place is pretty unique in it's view and expectations of the series, so to want people who are from the community to represent it shouldn't make anyone a "whiner".

Last edited by actionhank; 12-02-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #85
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
No need to call people whiners. I think it's fair to be a little unhappy that people from OS seem to have been mislead.

Everyone was under the impression that people who were actively part of the OS Community on a regular basis, and posted here often would be given a spot as well as posters from EA. It's not that anyone dislikes the people who are representing OS, it's that frankly, no one knows who they are, and i don't think it's a stretch to guess that they don't know a lot about OS. This place is pretty unique in it's view and expectations of the series, so to want people who are from the community to represent it shouldn't make anyone a "whiner".
Seconded.

I definitely think everyone has a strong case to be upset with how this played out. What was promised did not happen. Simple as that. Sure, everybody hopes the winners represent the NHL community well, but that's not the point anymore.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #86
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank

Don't worry about him. If you don't agree with him, you're a whiner, loser, etc. I'm not even sure why he's on the forums in the first place. I have no personal beef but it seems like if you're not praising EA NHL he doesn't like you. It just sucks that the two guys who won the got aren't from OS which makes me wonder which OS guys voted for them. I hope EASHL comes back in a big way but I doubt it will be anything great. I've learned from EAC to keep your expectations low, and that's sad considering its 2014.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #87

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
Maybe I don't understand how the voting process. Here is what I thought was supposed to happen:

step1: OS members nominate other OS members
step 2: EA selects the best nominees and asks OS members to vote
step 3: OS members vote for their chose nominees

Is that what happened? Because no one on OS seems to know either of the 2 winners, so I'm having hard time understanding what just happened. Couldn't this all have been avoided by running the vote through the OS forum since you have to be registered?
You misunderstood how the process was to work and it's pretty clearly stated in the OP.

Step one was never mentioned at all, users came here and recommended very well deserving users but that was unsolicited.

2. EA did select the best nominees in their eye and asked the community as a whole to vote. Note the community is not just OS.

3. Again, not an OS vote, you can still go to the link in the OP but the vote is closed.

And you can go back and check, the users DID post their interest here on OS before they were named. Unless I missed it there was no post count requirement on the site to be named.

Don't get me wrong at all. We have a ton of users here who would be fantastic, I know nothing about the two that one (good or bad) but I have no idea how the vote went.

Did anyone here vote? Was the actual poll divided between sites or was it just a bunch of names?
Old 12-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #88
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You misunderstood how the process was to work and it's pretty clearly stated in the OP.

Step one was never mentioned at all, users came here and recommended very well deserving users but that was unsolicited.

2. EA did select the best nominees in their eye and asked the community as a whole to vote. Note the community is not just OS.

3. Again, not an OS vote, you can still go to the link in the OP but the vote is closed.

And you can go back and check, the users DID post their interest here on OS before they were named. Unless I missed it there was no post count requirement on the site to be named.

Don't get me wrong at all. We have a ton of users here who would be fantastic, I know nothing about the two that one (good or bad) but I have no idea how the vote went.

Did anyone here vote? Was the actual poll divided between sites or was it just a bunch of names?
I voted and it was divided. I think that's what made it more confusing. List A was EA forum members then under it there were places to click beside members names. List B was OS and under that was a place to click on their names. It wasn't said that it was only an OS and EA forums vote, but it was implied by the way they set it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »