Home

From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers

This is a discussion on From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers

It has become relatively popular to turn the Philadelphia 76ers into the punchline of any NBA joke. They struggled mightily to get their first win of 2014 and things haven't looked much better in past seasons. They're headed straight for another top pick, but is that necessarily a bad thing? The 76ers may have a plan, and it's up to you to follow along in your NBA 2K15 association. Here are three moves you can make to help speed along the process:

1. Use 2014/2015 to get Comfortable: You may not be able to play with shot-blocking phenom Joel Embiid, but the rest of your roster should basically be playing for a spot on next year's team.

It's no secret that the 76ers have been stocking up on draft picks, so you can assume that a good portion of your current roster is going to be gone in favor of younger talent. See what you have in guys like Carter-Williams and Malcolm Lee, and go from there.

2. Save Cap Space: In one or two years, people are going to stop laughing at the 76ers and start wanting to be the 76ers. Save your money for a top flight talent in free agency, because it won't be long before the 76ers have a talent studded roster that a superstar is going to want to tag themselves to.

3. Develop Nerlens Noel: This may seem like a no-brainer, but it's easy to pawn Noel off as being a force strictly on the defensive end. Do what you can to develop his offensive game, and hope that when Embiid is finally healthy, the two can play a cohesive game of basketball together.

Have you played as the 76ers? What would you do to turn the franchise around?
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers

I'm a huge MCW follower. I love playing up tempo with them. I've actually trade Joel...for picks. And I usually get Jahlil Okafor lol...
Old 12-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been playing as the Sixers so far, playing a game every night they actually play (after watching irl) and trading players/picks along with actual trades.

MCW is averaging 18 pts, 6 rpg, and 9 apg.
Nerlens is averaging 12, 11, and 3 bpg.
Wroten is my main scorer with 19 a game.
And KJ averages 14, 4 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, 2 bpg.

We're doing a lot better than my actual Sixers are, right now we've actually won 6 games and I keep most close. I'm hoping to trade away my top pick this year and maybe a player or two and getting a star out of the deal...someone who can be the main scorer on the team when we're in the half court where we struggle.

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
In my first year, MCW and Noel got injured. Wroten was my star, averaging about 20 a game. I ended up trading him during the draft to trade up to #1 (from #5) and I took an absolute stud. He was a slightly undersized (6-7) SF from Germany. He was basically Nicolas Batum. He played great defense and could shoot. The next year, I traded a much better KJ McDaniels and a bunch of draft picks for Kevin Martin and Shabazz Muhammad. In the 2016 season, I won the east.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Currently on my 2nd season with the 76ers and record's at 46-8. Signed Greg Monroe and Klay Thompson in the off season to help with the offense. I have Noel coming off the bench together with Wroten. Traded for The Greek Freak as well to help on the SF spot. MCW is currently averaging 21 ppg 6 rpg 13 apg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 11:00 PM   #6
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Well you normally get a pretty nice pick the first year, an I almost always try to get the best guard available, or trade out if most of the good players are bigs...main goal is to bring in Kevin Durant...in a few years your lineup could look like

1. MCW
2. Lottery Pick
3. Kevin Durant
4. Nerlens Noel
5. Joel Embiid...

Championship caliber if you ask me...Elite length and elite interior defense with MCW Pressuring the ball...if only it would play out like this in real life!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #7
Banned

I'm a real life Sixers fan! I use the Sixers in NBA 2k 15! I'm proud to say I won the NBA title in my first season in My GM mode on the Playstation 4 version! And just starting my second season! Unfortunately the real life Sixers are very bad and my video game Sixers are is the closet to experiencing a Championship ill probably have in my lifetime lol.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:35 AM   #8
Rookie

Str0mTropper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I'm a real life Sixers fan! I use the Sixers in NBA 2k 15! I'm proud to say I won the NBA title in my first season in My GM mode on the Playstation 4 version! And just starting my second season! Unfortunately the real life Sixers are very bad and my video game Sixers are is the closet to experiencing a Championship ill probably have in my lifetime lol.
If you're a real fan you should realize they aren't the bad in real life. If you watched every game you'll see they could have a easy 10-15 wins right now. At least 10 of the losses were by 5 points or fewer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »