Home

Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #97
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)

I think all they need to do is improve the pitcher fatigue. Starters are pulled too early and two relievers with less fatigue are forced to throw 4 innings.

It leads to situatuons where you score 9 runs in the ninth because the opposing pitcher is tossing meatballs out there but the cpu refuses to use their closer (obvious coding is obvious) or a starter (obviously).

With only two middle relievers, guys should be able to go deeper.

Consider that every pitcher can throw every pitch. So really what should separate starter from reliever to closer is quality of those pitches.

I'm not sure how else this is resolved without a bump in endurance across the board.

sent from my mobile device
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-21-2014, 11:55 PM   #98
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

I may not have played enough to see any walk issues.

I've played 7 full 5 inning exhibition games and 3 full 9 inning season games and haven't seen anything questionable.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #99
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I may not have played enough to see any walk issues.

I've played 7 full 5 inning exhibition games and 3 full 9 inning season games and haven't seen anything questionable.
I haven't either, but I wasn't really looking for any issues. I'll keep an eye out for it. Jyoung seems to be really good in pretty much every game, so his results might not be the norm lol.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 12-22-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #100
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

This is by far the most fun I have had with any baseball game.

Sent using a telephone
Old 12-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #101
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This game certainly looks impressive. They seriously made a mistake not making this for X1, 360, and Vita though.

I'm willing to bite the bullet with this, but does anybody feel this won't have a sale/be a free game any time soon? I mean obviously it just released so probably not, but you know.

I wish this released last December, would have made for such an easier purchase haha. What's especially funny is I'm making this post now, and I just know that in five minutes I'll be buying this anyway. Simply can't pass this up. If anything, this is a good test for something like Remote Play in a baseball game, even though the pitch speeds and such are different. Maybe this will actually be playable Remote Play baseball compared to The Show.

Aw hell, count me in!

EDIT: Yep, proud new daddy.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-22-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #102
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I've been trying....I just can't get into this game.
I don't know what it is.
I'll keep trying though as the idea of it is great to me.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #103
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I haven't either, but I wasn't really looking for any issues. I'll keep an eye out for it. Jyoung seems to be really good in pretty much every game, so his results might not be the norm lol.
I agree, I think a real baseball-head who plays millions of games of the show and is really patient may find something, but I have like 5 walks in over 20 9 inning games.

I think the hardest part is settling on a difficulty. Mine is now 54 ego, but I may move it up again - I have lost twice on that setting, but my last 2 games I dominated. What I'm afraid of is that pitching any strikeouts will become non-existent ... I will lose more games if my hitting is nerfed a bit but I don't necessarily want the pitching to get harder...

My team is awesome and I put so much effort into the faces for all the celebrities on my team - if I do another team though I'll go with a speed-centric team. I only need a 1 or 2 power hitters as now I'm I have 11 homers with Dolf Lungren AND Arnold Schwartzenegger and 12 with Bruce Willis! Not far behind is Linda Carter and Mike Tyson ... some of that is starting off with a lower ego, but with 1/2 my team over 50 power hitting jacks might be a tad too easy at least going through the lineup including weaker players.

To me this is way better than the show. I'm not hardcore, I LOVE getting more than one game in during a sitting - the games are 20min mostly, sometimes 25, if I could I would make season mode 7 innings and be like a pig in sheet.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #104
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I've been trying....I just can't get into this game.
I don't know what it is.
I'll keep trying though as the idea of it is great to me.

M.K.
Knight165

Of course it wouldn't, it does not have MOM!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »