Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

I agree, can't wait to hear this years improvements! And yes, I heard nhl's guys, not good! Because I rely on sound a lot, commentary can be the difference for me between buy or not in any sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #146
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

I beat Far Cry 4 last night and noticed it used the HumanIK engine during the credits. Great game overall especially since I hadn't played any of the previous ones but the character animation and physics seemed pretty good in it.

I thought all along as good as 14 was 15 should be a lot better with full dev cycle and being the 2nd on the hardware. 08 was the start of The Show really becoming great. Next big step will be when they focus more on PS4 than doing the ps3 and Vita versions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #147
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
I beat Far Cry 4 last night and noticed it used the HumanIK engine during the credits. Great game overall especially since I hadn't played any of the previous ones but the character animation and physics seemed pretty good in it.

I thought all along as good as 14 was 15 should be a lot better with full dev cycle and being the 2nd on the hardware. 08 was the start of The Show really becoming great. Next big step will be when they focus more on PS4 than doing the ps3 and Vita versions.

I'm not so certain they had a full development cycle, with the later release. Not that it was much later, but it makes you wonder if next year will be the first "full" cycle.

I think MLB 09 was the start of The Show being really great on PS3, IMO.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #148
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah, 09 added the day to night transitions if I remember right. Just knew 08 was a big step up from 07. Have to think there isn't as big a learning curve as they had moving to the difficulty of the ps3 architecture.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #149
Rookie

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled F...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
Yeah, 09 added the day to night transitions if I remember right. Just knew 08 was a big step up from 07. Have to think there isn't as big a learning curve as they had moving to the difficulty of the ps3 architecture.

My hope is that since they got a lot of the heavy lifting done for 14 (porting the infrastructure, building stadiums, etc), that they'll be able to make some pretty big strides for 15.

Last edited by Jimmydm90; 01-05-2015 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #150
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm not so certain they had a full development cycle, with the later release. Not that it was much later, but it makes you wonder if next year will be the first "full" cycle.

I think MLB 09 was the start of The Show being really great on PS3, IMO.
Agree with you there for MLB 09. MLB 08 had better graphics than 07, but MLB 09 definitely had better lighting and just overall looked better. I think MLB 11 into 12 was when things noticeably slowed down graphics wise.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:12 AM   #151
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

To be honest, I dont know much about baseball (except to hit the ball and then run the bases, steal base if you can, strikes/strikeout, pitch ball, zone and what not) and I dont know much about the teams/players.

BUT THIS MLBTS 15 GETS ME EXCITED!!! (first time with MLB 14 and I played it to the max, since I HATE EA's effort with NHL 15)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #152
MVP

Totally off topic, so forgive me! but I need my fellow show players opinions! I'm saving to buy front row tickets to this years Yanks old timers day, so I bought a 20th anniversary ps4 from ebay, and I'm going to sell it, so I have the money I need. If you were me, would you do it? Or keep the system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »