Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #169
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Summer Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasty
Have they said anything about possible improvements to franchise mode draft? Where some players have commitments to college and are harder to sign and all? I hope they eventually add that in along with being able to sign free agents to a minor league deal only and having waiver notifications pop up on screen during sim
there will be a franchise blog/stream/Q&A session later that these types of questions will be addressed.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Not sure if you mean every stadium has the same color dirt. Or every stadiums warning track and infield dirt is the same color. Either way you are wrong. You can see from the trailer than stadiums have different color infield and track dirt.
Then there is no technical reason for it to not be accurate, right?
Old 02-15-2015, 05:20 PM   #171
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
Then there is no technical reason for it to not be accurate, right?
Can we at least wait until the game is released before we start making accusations that this or that is wrong/broken/incorrect/etc....?

The game is still a work in progress. Lets just enjoy the information that we are receiving, the videos/trailers that are releasing, and countdown the days until baseball!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Can we at least wait until the game is released before we start making accusations that this or that is wrong/broken/incorrect/etc....?

The game is still a work in progress. Lets just enjoy the information that we are receiving, the videos/trailers that are releasing, and countdown the days until baseball!
What? The fans are saying it's wrong. Then I looked, they seemed to be right. There's an obvious separation between reality and the look in the game. I mean, I'd be frustrated myself if my team's stadium had a problem, and the community manager said "we're not listening to you" when I pointed it out. That's kind of insensitive.

But whatever. It's their game. Neither party is beholden to the other.

Last edited by Grub; 02-15-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #173
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
What? The fans are saying it's wrong. Then I looked, they seemed to be right. There's an obvious separation between reality and the look in the game. I mean, I'd be frustrated myself if my team's stadium had a problem, and the community manager said "we're not listening to you" when I pointed it out. That's kind of insensitive.

But whatever. It's their game. Neither party is beholden to the other.
As countryboy said, the game is not even released yet. They may not have been finished coloring the dirt at Safeco when they made the trailer, so there's no point in criticizing it until we see the finished game.

As for you being upset with Ramone's post... These devs listen to the community about many facets of their game. They are always being praised for taking a suggestion and throwing it in the game. They showed us in the first stream how they're color matching the grass and dirt of every stadium. So if they have a certain color dirt with certain shadows at a certain time of year and day, then they most likely have a reference point from a real MLB game with those colors. I wouldn't worry about it too much!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #174
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
....the community manager said "we're not listening to you" when I pointed it out. That's kind of insensitive.
It may have come off a little insensitive IF Ramone said it like that, however, he didn't say it like that at all.

I understand possible frustration but it's been stated numerous times that it's a work in progress. Color matching is as accurate as it gets, suggestions on anything having to due with colors of the field honestly won't help them at all.

Let's just all wait to see what the finished product, along with the lighting, does to the coloration
Old 02-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #175
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Amazing trailer! If I knew we would ever get a baseball game this level in the RBI '94 days I would crap myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #176
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Holy ****, just saw this as a commercial during the NBA All Star Game!

Although in what seemed like a pretty soft resolution (probably 720p and compressed), the game just breathed gorgeousness! Framerate was varied, though. For instance, most shots were 60 FPS, but then the Wrigley morning shot was 30 FPS, as well as the Wrigley crowd shot. So, still don't know about how cutscenes will end up being for this game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »