Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #553

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Was enjoying Hockey day in America yesterday so I tried to pick this up late last night but Target was out so I took it as it wasnt meant to be

But Ill try another Target Monday and if its out then then Ill take it as a hint

So Miz you still enjoying near default ? Tc and hope you been well !
I don't understand why you, as someone who has enjoyed the game as much as you did, got rid of it in the first place.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:08 AM   #554
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't understand why you, as someone who has enjoyed the game as much as you did, got rid of it in the first place.
On Pages 1 , 2 and 3 of the link but was also playing in two Hockey leagues as I mentioned in another post but taking care of my Mother always comes first , always !

To add to my response I really only play games for relaxation and enjoy them for what they are and not what they arent as its easier that way and I never let a hobby become a obsession as life is too short for silly stuff

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gen-now-3.html
Old 02-24-2015, 03:17 AM   #555
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Here it is in bold if you dont wanna scroll

I was but I dont game like most people as Im a extremist no moderation here plus Im cheap/thrifty and I normally only play one game at a time but I did mention a while back I wouldnt be playing as much do to my Hockey Leagues starting up .

For better or worst when you play any sports game alot at least with me I can figure out the programming and when it gets forced and predictable Im done .

NBA 2k15 was pretty amazing but once again how they program games today to force sim then lacks real hu player interaction and thats a hard one for me to swallow .( you know when you can predict what will happen)

I find MLBTS in the same boat over time gameplay wise even though it does so much else near perfect but I still find EA NHL the best blend of Hu interaction and cpu AI in any sports game .

Sorry if I went of course Mizz but it was great hearing from you !

UPDATE :
Ok I got my Playoff Mode going and won 2 and lost 1 but I had a great game Chicago me at Stl and won won 4-1 with 2 eng late after STL had the tying goal disallowed so cool ! and the stats were perfect even toa as I try to play position .

Now at times Im tempted to make the game harder but I know its only been a few games so Im sure ill see some twists and turn wont I Mizz ?

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 02-24-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #556
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Now that I've had this awhile I feel like I can post my adequate impression of it.

Gameplay:
Looks pretty, does many things well but misses key elements. One thing that's driving me nuts is the goalie passing. This isn't usually an issue offline, but is a frequent problem in online games. When you put a puck in the goalie's glove and crash the net with 2-3 forwards, you should be forcing an OZ faceoff. In NHL however, there is no consequence for passing it out of the glove, as it will simply go past the forwards who are directly in the goalie's face. This is not sim and is especially irritating when I'm dominating somebody in the faceoff circle and they're able to maintain possession in this scenario.

The AI seems brain dead at times, from:
-not moving to grab loose pucks
-not reacting to loose pucks directly in their reach soon enough
-NOT COVERING THE BACK POST!!! even using the protect the net and collapsimg strategies, my opponents are still able to connect on multiple one timers in the slot

Presentation:
Awesome, looking forward to year two with these guys having an opportunity to add more lines. I'd like to see more stat overlays during the game though. The atmosphere of the arena is pretty awesome as well, it'd be cool to see some team specific chants going on during the game too though.

Modes:
I don't think I need to go there.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:56 AM   #557
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

A few more impressions and why I enjoy this game so much as just a tweak here or there on key sliders and its a different game as I lost a 4-3 ot game .

Now I still think this tilted Ice through Hitting and Intimidation needs to be gone but I basically try to eliminate in my games to keep games normal and not all boost swings back and forth .

I basically just lower my hit assistance slider and the cpu had better TOA and were more potent offensively and I had my most exciting game since buying it back as it was 0-0 going into the third and the cpu Jets scored 3 goals on 2pp early in the 3rd period .

Thought I was done but I mounted a comeback and finally tied the game on a Ducks smith Pelley goal with .04 second left on the clock and I almost won it in OT but I lost moments later but it was a amazing game and the best thing I can say is I always felt like I had a chance and stats were even steven so I guess I will have to be more patient in my own D zone positionally and not scramble .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 02-27-2015 at 03:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #558
Just started!

Huy guys.. I need some help executing the soft tough one timer. I see a bunch of people online do this move. Its typically a short pass across the goalies face to the other player that does a stick side tap into the goal.

Is there a certain time to push the analog stick forward to execute this shot once you make the initial pass?
Old 03-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #559
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

the key is to avoid waiting for the puck to arrive on the shooters stick. Try holding the right stick up and aimed in the location of the net you want the 1timer to go as soon as you make your pass
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 03-07-2015, 01:13 AM   #560
MVP

mjavon's Arena

The more I play this game the more frustrated I get. The AI is completely abysmal. From not reaching out to grab a loose puck one foot from them to flat out not playing defense. Is gotten to the point where I think I'm done trying to make it work anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »