Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Sports Gaming Doldrums Edition

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Sports Gaming Doldrums Edition within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-06-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
OS Fact or Fiction: Sports Gaming Doldrums Edition

In this week's OS Fact or Fiction, a few staff writers get together and discuss quite a few interesting topics. Make sure you read their responses and post your own!
  • MLB 15 The Show will get online play right this year
  • NHL 16 will recover from NHL 15's abysmal bottom and return the series to its old glory
  • Joe Montana Football is a console football game which is going to compete with Madden
  • It is time for the NBA to quit doing the playoffs by East/West due to the divisional imbalance and instead take the top 16 teams regardless of division
  • Adrian Peterson will be a Dallas Cowboy next season
Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: Sports Gaming Doldrums Edition (Written by Matthew Coe, Chase Becotte and Ben Vollmer)
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Sports / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Im with you guys on jm16; this a complete sham if you ask me! Its one of the saddest things to happen to sports gaming not having a bevy of NFL football games to play! But I guess if I was as rich as the NFL n EA I wouldnt really care about making people happy either or I would be too busy spending money to worry about a bunch of sim gamers! Actually that wouldnt be me but I can understand why they all dont care!
Old 03-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
Banned

rman's Arena

OVR: 4
I think that Joe Montana Football coming out and competing with Madden will happen before MLB no show has a playable online game....FACT!
Old 03-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
As much as I don't want the playoff format to change, Imbalance in the NBA comes from the way the playoffs are set up in a way.

The west teams that are good already go into the lottery as opposed to the eastern teams that are bad, so the west only gets stronger. Bad picks from the 7 eastern conference teams help also but the western teams benefit greatly from being able to add a lottery pick to a team that is already in the cusp of the playoffs.

I want to see how it shifts after some guys retire, and some guys from the west maybe move east before I definitively say it should change, but the gap between the east and the west is far too wide.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm a bit of a purist too. Lets get rid of the three point line, shot clock, and zone defenses!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »