Home

HB Studios Talks the Future of the Golf Club

This is a discussion on HB Studios Talks the Future of the Golf Club within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #25
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: HB Studios Talks the Future of the Golf Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox fan53
Can someone give me some info would it be better to buy the golf club by digital or buy the game disc or are the going to be the same?

Wait and buy the disc version when it releases next week, that way you'll get all of the latest content updates for the full price ($39.99?) compared to having to spend $35 on the digital version then wait another 2+ weeks to have to pay an additional $10 for the DLC content which is included in the disc version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

Thanks for the info
Old 04-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

The digital version will be coming down in price to $29.99 next Tuesday, the day of the disk release, so that when the DLC comes out it will match the price of the disc version.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 10

Sorry, but I just gotta jump in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
You do realize that hasn't been the mode for career progression for several releases, right? You earn XP by playing the game and accomplishing things on the course. As your golfer gains experience you can apply that to different areas of your game.
Yeah, that's great. That's what that other game does, and does well. Good for it. This is not that game. If you want that, you can play that other game.

Quote:

Lining up with a generic golfer and whacking away with the same generic clubs and skills was great in the days of Links.
Comparing The Golf Club to Links is downright silly. Your credibility flies right out the window when you make comparisons like that.

Quote:

But I want a lot more out of my game than user made courses that pale in comparison to the real courses offered in the TW series.
You obviously have not seen much of what is being created out there. It's incredible. I've played the other golf games (all of them, really) over the past 30 years, and the graphics on this game and the quality of the courses that the community is producing is as good as *anything* out there. That may change when the new PGA game comes out, and that's okay. I plan on getting that, too.

Quote:

No one is saying TGC is a bad game. But it has become common in this forum to call out TW players as cheesing arcade loving kids that don't appreciate the strategic nature of the game.
Heh - I played a guy in the other game once that wore a Space Suit, and shot a 54. LOL /thread

Quote:

And that just isn't the way everyone plays the game. There were plenty of great guys to play with in online tournaments that used more sim settings.
Unfortunately, the ratio of SpaceSuit guy to SIm guy is WAY outta whack.

Quote:

And if someone does want to add the assists and boosts because they think it is more fun to just play than to spend time practicing, it's not bad that the game caters to them, too. What I liked most about the TW series is that there was a lot do. The mini games, career mode, using the pros in exhibition, online play and tournaments, including playing against real life scores on the same course that the pros were playing that weekend, and even customizing my golfer all make it a fun package. I do wish they would add the use of Pros in season play instead of just building up your own character.

I don't think there is wrong with someone asking if TGC offers something that they enjoyed in another game.
No, man. I think that's what you're missing. They (TGC) don't *want* to be the other game. They are their own entity. If you like the other game, great! Go play it, have fun! I know I will. I'll play it and enjoy it, and I'll play and enjoy The Golf Club too.

There's room for both!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w

No, man. I think that's what you're missing. They (TGC) don't *want* to be the other game. They are their own entity. If you like the other game, great! Go play it, have fun! I know I will. I'll play it and enjoy it, and I'll play and enjoy The Golf Club too.

There's room for both!
^^^^This.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w

There's room for both!
I think you missed the context of the post I was replying to. But carry on.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #31

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Guys,

The EA vs 2k wars wore very thin on this forum when they were happening for the football games.

I beg of you, please don't let our peaceful small golf forum small to the same fate.

There are seperate threads dedicated to each game. No need to bring discussions from one game into a thread about the other when it's being used as a means of negatively attacking either game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #32
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

What I don't get is in FB all we hear is "No competition!!" etc.. that ends in company vs company back and forth..

Then we have golf where we have some options and it goes to a "This game/company is better" back and forth.

Just shows too many people aren't happy unless they are bitching about something.
Just like if we had FB options.. I'll be grabbing all and enjoying what each brings.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »