Home

Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 11:33 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Unless they make the best PLAYING Madden game ever, I won't buy the game this year if they don't at least:

A) Allow complete player editing. Everything. At any time in the season. Appearance, equipment, position, rating. Everything. Tired of seeing all the jacked up ratings for drafted players and not being able to fix them. On that point.....

B) Allow us to edit the draft classes. This is the ONLY way to have a realistic, immersive Franchise after the first year, in my opinion. I do NOT want make believe prospects with ridiculous names that I can't fix. I never made it past one full season in Franchise because the "fake" players just wouldn't allow me to get into it.

I could have enough changes I "want" to fill the entire alphabet here, easily. These are the two MAIN ones that I must have to purchase the game and, to me, they seem very reasonable.....even easy. I guess there has to be a reason they have not been implemented to this point (unless EA has just been lazy in regards to player and draftee editing). With no NCAA to prop up the terrible draft experience of Madden any longer, the ONLY way I see for EA to offer us Franchise-only guys a meaningful experience that is worth our $60+, is to implement the above two editing abilities.
The lack of real draft classes is a Franchise killer for me as well. We must be able to edit.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #194
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, I understand there are not a lot of big plays over 20 yds or more in a game in the NFL, but, as you said, the high number of sacks might have led to a shorter passing type game.

There were a few issues with the higher sack numbers. There are slider makers in the sliders forum still trying to tweak and adjust sliders and we are almost 4 months away from the new game.

1. Shorter passing game.
2. Inability of the QB to throw the ball away or take off running, especially noted scrambling QB's. The QB's AI when pressure was being applied was very low.
Issue #1 above the sacks etc.. (Which were toned down with good sliders) is the fact WR's don't attack the deeper passes and the DB's do.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-02-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #195
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm gonna guess there will only be one gameplay improvement, but i think they will overhaul the receiving mechanics. Probably a modifier button will get mixed in. Like a strafe button to square the body to the ball. Maybe even some joystick control to locate the ball in relation to a player's body.

I dont see them doing anything radical with how the ball gets there, but we might see a system similar to the true step for players' hands finding the ball.

What would be revolutionary is to give players a 3D bubble around their bodies to visually represent their catchable radius. That would give Donny Moore something useful to do! Calculate wingspan, jumping, acceleration, catch, etc. with a player's real life tendencies to give them a sort of hot/cold grid. That episode of sport science where they said megatron has a 4,000 cu.ft. catch radius made me think of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 01:02 AM   #196
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

OVR: 0

i only really care what is changed in cfm soooo
1. get rid of game prep, it is wayyyyy to easy to fix problems just by saying hey ill give him some points, a player can never make a play in the games but still end up high ovr just from game prep.
2. Practice squads, realistic, contracts, coordinators at least for o and d, the little things that really should be in here
3. remove the rpg factor in maybe a 4th option, sorta like myleague in 2k, let me just choose all 32 teams without being all 32 owners let me be commisoner maybe ? idk just cut the crap and let me play franchise they way i could on ps2
4. some version of the extra point show would be nice
5. completely overhaul the draft, allow player edits, user made big boards, draft personality ( mel kiper todd mcshay) draft boards, mock drafts, more immersive scouting maybe bring back the shrine game from ps2, not sure if they even show 40 times and bench numbers, have the combine results,
6. holdouts, trade requests, saw someone in here say players requesting other players this was one of the more intriguing things for me on ps2 bring back players wanting money after big years maybe have a rating that increases/decreases likelyhood of this
7. fix whatever ungodly thing causes top teams to finish last place every
year
8. make free agency fun and realistic, players wanting to play in places based on scheme, location, loyalty, etc this is a must
9. bring back player traits from madden 12, make them placeable, ie you can label your franchise qb or label a player veteran mentor, dont include things like butterfingers or attribute effectors, just things that let you know who a player is, and for the cpu i feel like this would be a way to help with their logic, if they have their franchise qb they dont go draft one, if they have aging veteran they do
lastly
10. I would LOVE if newspapers returned, honestly i cant stand reading the twitter feed, i used to always read the preseason predictions from the newspapers on ps2, maybe just fit something that does the same thing into either a extra point esque show or find some way to do it in the feed but i want predictions and the other wonderful parts of the newspapers back in this game

I know my ideas will most likely not be addressed however im hopeful at least numbers, 1 3 5 6 and 7 get touched, even that seems unlikely
Old 05-01-2015, 03:47 AM   #197
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Unless they make the best PLAYING Madden game ever, I won't buy the game this year if they don't at least:

A) Allow complete player editing. Everything. At any time in the season. Appearance, equipment, position, rating. Everything. Tired of seeing all the jacked up ratings for drafted players and not being able to fix them. On that point.....

B) Allow us to edit the draft classes. This is the ONLY way to have a realistic, immersive Franchise after the first year, in my opinion. I do NOT want make believe prospects with ridiculous names that I can't fix. I never made it past one full season in Franchise because the "fake" players just wouldn't allow me to get into it.

I could have enough changes I "want" to fill the entire alphabet here, easily. These are the two MAIN ones that I must have to purchase the game and, to me, they seem very reasonable.....even easy. I guess there has to be a reason they have not been implemented to this point (unless EA has just been lazy in regards to player and draftee editing). With no NCAA to prop up the terrible draft experience of Madden any longer, the ONLY way I see for EA to offer us Franchise-only guys a meaningful experience that is worth our $60+, is to implement the above two editing abilities.

So after settling a lawsuit with college players over their likeness in the NCAA games, resulting in huge fines and the demise of a successful game franchise, you want to be able to add their name and likeness into Madden and threaten it? Bwhahahaha

Until EA decides to pay players for their likeness, I don't expect they will do anything to risk being sued again.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ible-for-money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by slick1ru2; 05-01-2015 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #198
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
So after settling a lawsuit with college players over their likeness in the NCAA games, resulting in huge fines and the demise of a successful game franchise, you want to be able to add their name and likeness into Madden and threaten it? Bwhahahaha

Until EA decides to pay players for their likeness, I don't expect they will do anything to risk being sued again.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ible-for-money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Once they declare for the NFL draft, they forfeit their remaining eligibility and can no longer play college ball. So editing draft classes would have no effect on player likeness, since by that point they have no eligibility remaining. There would be no grounds for a lawsuit, as EA would allow editing of generic players, which it already allows in the game anyway.

Technically, if you use the logic someone could sue because of editing features, someone could replace all the NFL players with all the main college programs and their players and then those players could sue. However, they wouldn't win the lawsuit as their likeness isn't already implemented by the company who made the game, but the consumer added it later after purchasing it.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #199
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Once they declare for the NFL draft, they forfeit their remaining eligibility and can no longer play college ball. So editing draft classes would have no effect on player likeness, since by that point they have no eligibility remaining. There would be no grounds for a lawsuit, as EA would allow editing of generic players, which it already allows in the game anyway.

Technically, if you use the logic someone could sue because of editing features, someone could replace all the NFL players with all the main college programs and their players and then those players could sue. However, they wouldn't win the lawsuit as their likeness isn't already implemented by the company who made the game, but the consumer added it later after purchasing it.
I have to agree with slick on this one.

You don't see legends in the game anymore because Jim Brown and other legends sued EA and the NFLPA over their likeness in the game.

And what about draft classes after the 1st year, juniors, sophomores, etc.... .

EA will take the safer route since being sued by former football legends and former college players. There is just too much risk involved.

Last edited by roadman; 05-01-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:09 AM   #200
Banned

OVR: 21

I don't see them doing anything to make the cpu play smarter and better or more aggressively. I think all their changes will be to give the user more control on passing and receiving. Those who play against the cpu will most likely get the short end of the stick...again. With EA it is all about user vs user...especially online.

Just my feeling...hope I am wrong.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »