Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #153
Rookie

coreyerb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

To illustrate P.A.D.'s point - here's the intersection of a few common issues resulting in a comeback:

First one's probably my fault. Debatable whether outfielder fielding error slider set at 0 should allow it.

Automatic run allowed. No preventing it.

Perfect squeeze play. Seen it at least five times in 30 games (even defended against it earlier in the game, but not this one).

Matt Kemp at SS, Derek Norris at 2B. They had four MIFs on the bench. (Later subbed Jose Iglesias at 1B and left Kemp at short...) Guess they needed all their best bats to stay in the game?

After a 3-1 count with the leadoff guy in the 11th taking each borderline pitch and singling to center (which my fielder booted, though no advance so no error), this happened:

This was game three of the series (offline franchise): first game lost on a suicide squeeze to tie the game then an easy single to win it, second game lost 2-0 on 3 outfielder errors allowing the two runs, then this.

To me, it often feels too hard to stop the CPU comeback because of some common exacerbating issues:

1. too many outfielder errors, even with slider adjusted
2. CPU suicide squeezes too often
3. unpredictable strike zone, and the AI starts taking borderline pitches
Old 05-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #154
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

My franchise continues to say each player has hit career homerun number 1 , after going yard. Does anyone know if I need to restart my franchise for the patches to take affect.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 05-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #155
Rookie

jv35's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
My franchise continues to say each player has hit career homerun number 1 , after going yard. Does anyone know if I need to restart my franchise for the patches to take affect.
I've had this problem in both MLB 14 and MLB 15 every other time I go to start a new franchise. My workaround is to start a new franchise and make 2 saves of the new franchise. Load one of the saves, increase power sliders and attributes, and play regular season games until I hit a HR to find out if that save has this bug or not. If the file doesn't have this bug, then the other save is the starting point for the franchise. If the file does have this bug, then I delete the files with the bug, and I know the next franchise I start won't have this bug.

Not the greatest fix, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has this problem.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #156
Pro

OVR: 24

I'm pretty disappointed that this issue with starting pitcher stamina during the playoffs wasn't addressed in either of the 2 patches. I'm in the playoffs now and it's already messing up my rotations. Off days aren't recognized as "days" in terms of the rate of recovery for pitchers, and it leads to pitchers still having less than 50% stamina after 4, 5, even 6 days of rest. Since only 2 or 3 scheduled games have occurred during that span, pitchers only recover the amount of stamina they would recover after 2 or 3 days.

Last edited by Bobhead; 05-15-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:27 PM   #157
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I'm pretty disappointed that this issue with starting pitcher stamina during the playoffs wasn't addressed in either of the 2 patches. I'm in the playoffs now and it's already messing up my rotations. Off days aren't recognized as "days" in terms of the rate of recovery for pitchers, and it leads to pitchers still having less than 50% stamina after 4, 5, even 6 days of rest. Since only 2 or 3 scheduled games have occurred during that span, pitchers only recover the amount of stamina they would recover after 2 or 3 days.
Russell said that this was intentionally programmed this way. So if that is the case i would think it wont be changed.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #158
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Russell said that this was intentionally programmed this way. So if that is the case i would think it wont be changed.
I know... That doesn't make it correct, though. It needs to be changed since it really doesn't make any sense.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #159
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyerb
To illustrate P.A.D.'s point - here's the intersection of a few common issues resulting in a comeback:

First one's probably my fault. Debatable whether outfielder fielding error slider set at 0 should allow it.

Automatic run allowed. No preventing it.

Perfect squeeze play. Seen it at least five times in 30 games (even defended against it earlier in the game, but not this one).

Matt Kemp at SS, Derek Norris at 2B. They had four MIFs on the bench. (Later subbed Jose Iglesias at 1B and left Kemp at short...) Guess they needed all their best bats to stay in the game?

After a 3-1 count with the leadoff guy in the 11th taking each borderline pitch and singling to center (which my fielder booted, though no advance so no error), this happened:

This was game three of the series (offline franchise): first game lost on a suicide squeeze to tie the game then an easy single to win it, second game lost 2-0 on 3 outfielder errors allowing the two runs, then this.

To me, it often feels too hard to stop the CPU comeback because of some common exacerbating issues:

1. too many outfielder errors, even with slider adjusted
2. CPU suicide squeezes too often
3. unpredictable strike zone, and the AI starts taking borderline pitches
This is one of the examples. Now here's why people simply cannot post videos like this to show "weird" AI happenstances that allow games to get interesting. People will say things like this:

1. Your starting pitcher had 100+ pitches. You should've got him out sooner.
2. Shreve wasn't ready to come in the game as his stamina bar wasn't 100%.
3. Outfield errors happen.
4. The route you took to Solarte's triple was poor, resulting in the triple.
5. The squeeze in this game is a problem and should be fixed eventually.
6. The strike zone didn't shrink. The umpire clearly wasn't calling the outside corner to lefties and you missed on three borderline pitches.

And the response:
1 - 3. None of these points could prevent that ridiculous dropped can of corn from happening, allowing a run to score.
4. Nothing . . . the route you took was horrible.
5. Explained above.
6. This is a good example of what I mean with the strike zone. After you threw those pitches, you checked to see the location and of the 3 borderline pitches, 2 were CLEARLY strikes, but conveniently got called balls. So now you're either (a) forced to throw a broadway strike and watch it get crushed, or (b) continue nibbling, eventually leading to walks that lead to rallies.

So yes, this is a pretty good example of the "interesting" circumstances that occur in order to allow games to be competitive.

Last edited by Padgoi; 05-15-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #160
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Can Russell please explain why they programmed the game so that rotations are messed up in the playoffs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »