Home

Madden NFL 16: First Look Trailer (Be the Playmaker)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: First Look Trailer (Be the Playmaker) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #65
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16: First Look Trailer (Be the Playmaker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Looking forward to it. Maybe until then, lay off the foreshadowing? I don't know if it's against the TOS to hint at something that can't be discussed, but with your track record, it tends to derail threads.

Not trying to sound like a dick.. just a suggestion/request.
I understand, I'm not hinting at anything or saying anything else about it, other than people need to play the game before jumping to conclusions based on trailers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #66
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I don't understand how any longtime follower of sports video games can claim EA has "fooled" anyone at this point. The base game of Madden has existed in its current form for, what, a decade now, and every year there's the same year-over-year iterative changes, just like any other annual video game franchise, sports or otherwise.

Based on EA Sports' own established track record with not only Madden but all their sports video game franchises, why is any go in expecting revolutionary changes this year? There's no basis for such expectation and you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. That's not EA's fault. They are clearly happy with their own output and until unit sales and MUT micro transaction downloads plummet, they aren't going to change their creative direction.

I say all this as someone who likes Madden. And I do like Madden. But I don't expect the world from it. I expect it to be Madden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I also liked Madden and always expect it to be Madden. I want it to get better each year (and it has the past couple).

Each year people complain about changes that aren't going to happen or that something is "broken".. then claim they aren't buying...
then are always the lucky ones who find a gift card or have a B-day and get Madden "free".. because you know.. they would never buy that trash.

If we could just get (What might be this year) better WR/DB interaction and tuned OL/DL work and then on top add more to CFM excitement...
I'll be content for another year.
Madden 15 was the longest Madden I've played since Madden on my Apple.

Not anywhere near where I want or think we should be but in the end it's been fun even with some shortcomings. I'll continue to give input
It's two-fold, one is there being no other football games to choose from of course, and the other is Madden's use in the past of phrases like, "most realistic NFL simulation" or "authentic NFL gameplay". Those are just smart marketing blurbs, but many here take great umbrage with those kinds of statements. It's purely marketing 101, but some feel that saying that kind of stuff creates or should create a standard that EA has to live up to.

Very few people care if NBA Live makes any kind of statements about NBA authenticity, because even if they are just talking out of their nose, there is another choice to be made.

If will never, never, never happen of course, but it Tiburon came out and actually said, "Madden uses the NFL as a reference point, but we really aren't trying to replicate NFL gameplay in a completely authentic manner." I wonder if that would free people from hoping that Madden will ever be radically different than what it is now.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:45 PM   #67
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's two-fold, one is there being no other football games to choose from of course, and the other is Madden's use in the past of phrases like, "most realistic NFL simulation" or "authentic NFL gameplay". Those are just smart marketing blurbs, but many here take great umbrage with those kinds of statements. It's purely marketing 101, but some feel that saying that kind of stuff creates or should create a standard that EA has to live up to.

Very few people care if NBA Live makes any kind of statements about NBA authenticity, because even if they are just talking out of their nose, there is another choice to be made.

If will never, never, never happen of course, but it Tiburon came out and actually said, "Madden uses the NFL as a reference point, but we really aren't trying to replicate NFL gameplay in a completely authentic manner." I wonder if that would free people from hoping that Madden will ever be radically different than what it is now.
The sales Madden gets every year pretty much guarantees the recipe isn't changing much as far as "Madden" football.
That alone should, but doesn't, keep some gamers expectations in check.

With some of the things I've read (holding on runs AND passing plays now as well as D holding if I take Rex's reply correctly) ..I'm at least for now, seeing some changes/additions for the good.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-15-2015, 11:13 PM   #68
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The sales Madden gets every year pretty much guarantees the recipe isn't changing much as far as "Madden" football.
That alone should, but doesn't, keep some gamers expectations in check.

With some of the things I've read (holding on runs AND passing plays now as well as D holding if I take Rex's reply correctly) ..I'm at least for now, seeing some changes/additions for the good.
Where is Rex's reply? I didn't see it in this thread, is it in another thread?
Old 05-15-2015, 11:32 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Where is Rex's reply? I didn't see it in this thread, is it in another thread?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=237

It didn't sound like defensive holding, imo. We shall see.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:54 PM   #70
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=237

It didn't sound like defensive holding, imo. We shall see.
Standard dev response. Answer without answering, lol. I respect it, atleast it was a response.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-16-2015, 12:02 AM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I didn't even see that quote.

If it is true, then I refer to a quote from one of my favorite movies, Animal House:

Oh boy, this is going to be great.......(if true)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 12:23 AM   #72
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Asked if D holding was what he was refering to when he said holding was in... "Offensive Holding is in as well for both run and pass blocking.

I could be wrong but I take that as well as D holding.. O holding (Pass and run) are also in.
Either way I think it was an answer...
Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-16-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »