Home

Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #25
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots

I'll admit some shots do look a little bit better. I'm really hung up on the one with Antonio Brown though...It almost looks like last-gen
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #26
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Screen shots look fine to me.

Not a great deal better than Madden NFL 15, but as I said in a different thread I didn't expect a giant graphical leap.
I'm in the same boat. I didn't expect much of an upgrade either. If you look at Madden 2002 or whichever was the first on those systems, other than lighting, the graphics didn't really improve much. 2005 changed up the models a bit but they weren't a whole lot different. The only thing I really wanted to see was an upgrade on colors and lighting and I'm just not seeing it here. The Cardinals red almost looks maroon/pinkish and then the lack of new equipment is frustrating. I mean, I've got pictures of Priest Holmes from 2003 wearing the same gloves that are in these screenshots. I get that equipment isn't a huge issue to most people and whatnot but it's just frustrating as someone who loves uniform intricacies, details and player uniqueness.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #27
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Probably hard to discern improvements in 1vs1 player interactions from still screenshots. Overall the graphics, as screenshots go, look pretty much the same fro last year to me, but honestly that doesn't matter to me if the game plays well.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

I would be just fine with a polish to the bench players, coaches, camera men, special attendees. and addition of cheerleaders.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:45 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 18

After closer inspection from the Andre Johnson / Sherman and Antonio Brown screenshots, the sidelines are still like scene from a zombie movie; hopefully next year...right?
Old 05-21-2015, 08:52 PM   #30
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If the game looks better in motion, nobody will complain about the graphics.
False.. One thing I noticed, and notice in motion too is the fact that the Steelers' sleeve are wrong, still...They striping does not go all the way around the sleeve.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #31
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
If you're comparing football to basketball/hockey keep in mind that there are 22 on-field players as opposed to 10/12....that matters when you're talking about graphic detail and how smoothly the game runs.

Edit: posted before you edited to focus on the lighting/colors.
I don't want to continuously beat this dead horse, cause it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but...

Madden 15 (and 16 looks very similar to 15) was 18gigs and change on the PS4, and around 9 gigs on the PS3.

The 360 used DVD-9, and the game was made to the most restricting specs so ports could be made for which ever console wasn't the dev focus. Nothing wrong with that.

Madden on the "next gen" consoles seem to just be double in size of "last gen". *Almost* as if they're just uncompressed PS3/360 games with a little touching up to render a bit prettier on the new consoles.

It's undeniable that the shading, lighting, and textures in Madden don't mirror what we see as being possible on these machines.

A game like Killzone Shadow Fall was reportedly almost 300GB before compression down to 40GB+. There's probably some exaggerations in those claims, but I would like to know what Madden is being compressed down from to get the game all the way down to 18GB+.

And why is 18GB+ even necessary when that leaves over 30GB seemingly unused?

Sure, the screenshots look alright. Nothing glaringly wrong with them, and they're perfectly passable/acceptable. But even with 22 players on the field, why does that prevent them from loading up the blu-ray with better textures & lighting to use on those 22 players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 08:55 PM   #32
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Player uniforms, for the most part, look bland and washed out; over exposed...Really not something I wanna be looking at for a year..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-21-2015 at 09:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »