Home

Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 09:24 PM   #33
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 16: New 'Be the Playmaker' Screenshots

madden cannot take the next step visually until EA takes player likeness more seriously. the shots in a lot of instances simply do not look like the player they are attempting to re-create. player models need adjusting, and in reality need to be redone completely. Antonio Browns body looks like Woody from Toy Story, in a lot of cases players need to be more compact I guess is the best word, and in a lot of cases the players heads are still waaay too big for their body, look at the shots of Beckham jr. for an example. And the uniforms, especially the jersey numbers, are just completely off size wise.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #34
1NE
Rookie

OVR: 2

I feel like I've already seen this before.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:52 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I would be just fine with a polish to the bench players, coaches, camera men, special attendees. and addition of cheerleaders.
This! Where are the Living Worlds we were promised? I know Clint tweeted something to the effect of they bit off more than they could chew when they made the transition front last gen, but can the sidelines get a little love? I'm not expectin sideline players to have the same graphical fidelity as players on the field but can they be a little more detailed? Can we at least get player names on the back of sideline players jerseys? Can we at least get them to react properly to what's happening on the field? Can we at least get some cheerleaders & mascots? Are there woman & children finally in the crowd this year? Are camera men still wearing shorts & t-shirts in snow games? I mean is this stuff too much to ask?

I know game play is obviously most important, but with the power of these Next Gen consoles there's no reason for attention to detail to continue to be neglected year after year. I'm all about immersion so I hope EA addresses these things as well as game play. Step it up EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 20

The lighting does look better in these, though once again it appears the helmets and jerseys don't match in color tone/lighting. Not a huge leap from last year, but it is noticeable. The graphics in Madden last year weren't bad to begin with, but compared to other games on these systems it leaves more to be desired.

I keep seeing the quote about throwing to where only your WR can get it. Hopefully this new height advantage addition applies to the defense too. Guys like Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner should be hell to deal with at times just because of their length alone. Anxious to hear more about this.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM   #37
Banned

Gronks numbers look bad. Screens don't look any better than M15 which is disappointing.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #38
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
I want to see more dynamic gameplay, M15 was decent, but that should have laid the foundation to something greater. Something I don't understand, I'm a weather buff in football as these racing games are getting creative with weather why can't Madden. I mean if you look at football, weather is an important variable ,not just tacked on addition. For example when playing at Denver, Chicago, KC, I have seen games with sleet rain and snow all mixed or changing back and forth from both.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:03 AM   #39
Rookie

is it really that hard to update the equipment
Old 05-22-2015, 12:13 AM   #40
Rookie

Deezo's Arena

So today after a production meeting at work (I work for a media production studio that does a lot of animation and character design for some pretty large game studios) I showed two of our lead animators the "new screenshots" for Madden 16 and then screens from Madden 15. Their response was pretty funny. Now I have no animation or coding experience, I just handle marketing and bizdev, but according to them it wouldn't be hard to add things like licensed equipment, correcting the helmet and jersey colors (the colts helmet and jersey blues are different).

I know these are early screens but for the most part this game was more than likely started shortly after or even during the completion of Madden 15. You would think for next gen some of this stuff would've been cleaned up.

As for game play, please let there me some MAJOR improvements to DB/WR interactions and a huge update to the AI...

Last edited by Deezo; 05-22-2015 at 12:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »