Home

Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #113
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
In madden , speed kills, str kills for some positions.like it or not, at the end of the day, this is still video game and some things still need to be "alittle different" than it is in real life to keep it fun.If i bothered to play offline , it would be fine for that, but for an online league, its going to hurt drafts.You wont be finding gems in the 4th and 5th rounds anymore after this game has been out a while.... just watch and see.you can revisit this post then.
I get your point too but it's that practice of bandaids over fixes which have us on the slippery slope we are now with Madden. I know we can't change EA Tiburon's mind about jack but it would be far better if knowing combine data didn't equal knowing the best players than just continuing to hide combine data. At least making the combine data available is realistic, Madden being a video game has nothing to do with realism needing to be overlooked in this area, it's just, like with many things in Madden, the way they focus on emphasizing its' a video game, that's the issue.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:18 PM   #114
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Honestly this news is very underwhelming to me. Instead of working on a dynamic formation subs interface ( REQUESTED by the community ) they updated the depth chart interface, which really didnt NEED any changes. I dont recall anyone in the community requesting " fancy " depth charts. They even added a new goals interface! Practice squads ( which were on PSP madden ), editable draft classes, training camp, a weekly wrap up show, a revamped CFM injury system, player regression and progression head the list of many things that have been requested for years and have yet to be implemented. " Its in the game ", EA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #115
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This. I let myself get a little too optimistic that Kolbe from the show worked exclusively on CFM. While they added little things nothing really changed at all. Still no restricted free agents, practice squads, coaching carousel, real depth chart(Sam lb, will lb, special teams), contract disputes/holdouts, position battles, suspensions(highly unlikely), dealing with different agents/player personalities.

CFM just has no life to it, it feels like a bunch of play now games just strung together. Bring the drama of the NFL to us.
Eh, I think it's a bit premature to hang the noose on Kolbe after one year of being in charge of CFM. I think he had a heckuva mess to clean up and will continue to do so. I wish more was added on, but I keep going back to that interview that Mr. Bill had with Rex and Clint back in Oct/Nov 2013. People were asking about legacy issues and adding on things that are still glaringly missing and his response was we need to clean things up before we add new features to the game.

I just wish they would add more options, casual CFM mode, sim CFM mode, but we wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #116
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0
Wow, looks like Madden has gone all in on the online and casual market and said tough luck to the hardcore simulation crowd. Sim-a-win? What kinda crap is that? So now all the casual players can go 16-0 because if they're no happy with the result of their playing they can just restart without a save and sim it as a win? Usually I fall for the ol' hype express every year hoping it's the year they turn it around only to be disappointed but it seems as though even the hype train has derailed this year.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #117
Rookie

LHaze30's Arena

OVR: 7

What needs to happen is not allowing physical attributes like speed, acc, throw power, etc...to be upgraded with xp. That is what kills franchise over time. 90 speed Hb become 99 speed monsters in a couple seasons. I would like dynamic attribute regressions for injuries as well. Hopefully this is something that gets addressed at some point.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #118

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Wow, looks like Madden has gone all in on the online and casual market and said tough luck to the hardcore simulation crowd. Sim-a-win? What kinda crap is that? So now all the casual players can go 16-0 because if they're no happy with the result of their playing they can just restart without a save and sim it as a win? Usually I fall for the ol' hype express every year hoping it's the year they turn it around only to be disappointed but it seems as though even the hype train has derailed this year.
I'm not sure you quite understand the importance of sim a win.

I do not play in online leagues but I know a huge pain point was games getting disconnected late forcing the players to reschedule, play again or randomly sim it.

It will be perfect for a scenario where one team is up 21 with 3 minutes left and the connection disconnects. Rather than those two players having to play again and hold up the league, the commissioner is able to sim the game giving the team that was up 21 a win.

Not sure why that would be something we would complain about?
Old 05-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #119
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Of all the things to be frustrated about regarding casuals (and there are plenty), Sim a win's not one of them. That is an online CFM essential, with the disconnects and desyncs that can force a game to be replayed or normally simmed, with no allowance for what happened in the desynced game.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #120
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not sure you quite understand the importance of sim a win.

I do not play in online leagues but I know a huge pain point was games getting disconnected late forcing the players to reschedule, play again or randomly sim it.

It will be perfect for a scenario where one team is up 21 with 3 minutes left and the connection disconnects. Rather than those two players having to play again and hold up the league, the commissioner is able to sim the game giving the team that was up 21 a win.

Not sure why that would be something we would complain about?
Ok, I didn't realize that was such an issue with online games and that's not the only thing about the blog I found disappointing (pretty much the whole thing). And again, it caters to the online crowd. I just wish we could get a working replication of what we see on Sundays. Once that's down, then worry about online stuff. As it is now, Madden is soooo far from being a realistic simulation of the sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »