Home

Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

This is a discussion on Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #25
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I'm not a marketing guy but I'm not sure how the slow trickle of info will drive sales? I'd think a quality product would?
Hype plain and simple. Thankfully we have an event such as e3 between now and release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

A shame that all these years later you still cannot go through the Tour with a real pro.

Imagine having Madden and 2K only being done with a created player.

Good news is EA Access is such an incredible app that this will be checked out before anyone has to commit.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #27
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
A shame that all these years later you still cannot go through the Tour with a real pro.

Imagine having Madden and 2K only being done with a created player.

Good news is EA Access is such an incredible app that this will be checked out before anyone has to commit.
Don't understand how this is a game breaker for some. To each his own I suppose.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Hype plain and simple. Thankfully we have an event such as e3 between now and release.
2 weeks! (give or take).
Old 05-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #29
MVP

Being able to play as a pro thru a tour season in not a game breaker. It would just be a nice option to have. People play and enjoy these games in different ways. It would be nice if EA could configure this title to appeal to as many playing styles as possible. They do it in their other games. If I want myself to QB the Pats I can do it. If I want to play a season with real players I can also do that. It seems like an easy fix to make this game more appealing to everyone? Based on their initial trailer, they have something for those who like to drop bombs on golf courses, just maybe they could also have something for those of us who want to play as an existing pro? I get the title every year and will do so again. I create my own existing pro, build up his attributes to match what I think they'd be based on the pros they give you, then play a season. It's the best I can do but I bothers me when created Tiger is on the leader board along with real Tiger!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 05:29 PM   #30
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Quote:
Being able to play as a pro thru a tour season in not a game breaker. It would just be a nice option to have. People play and enjoy these games in different ways. It would be nice if EA could configure this title to appeal to as many playing styles as possible. They do it in their other games. If I want myself to QB the Pats I can do it. If I want to play a season with real players I can also do that. It seems like an easy fix to make this game more appealing to everyone? Based on their initial trailer, they have something for those who like to drop bombs on golf courses, just maybe they could also have something for those of us who want to play as an existing pro? I get the title every year and will do so again. I create my own existing pro, build up his attributes to match what I think they'd be based on the pros they give you, then play a season. It's the best I can do but I bothers me when created Tiger is on the leader board along with real Tiger!!!
I wasn't pointing to you specifically just in general. So I apologize if you took offense. I agree it would be nice to have that option, we did have a quick tournament feature in '14 were you could play a final round of a major or a few others with anyone or you cag. If they could expand it would be great. but there are tournament almost every week of the year. It would be almost near impossible for ea to get the licensing for every tournament and course. Madden and any other sport are different because they can secure the licensing and likeness for everything with one contract (i maybe wrong). Indidvule courses aren't under the PGA logo, unlike stadiums and teams are with the NFL. So for anyone waiting solely for this feature maybe be waiting a long time.

Last edited by jbd345; 05-29-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #31
MVP

I didn't take offense at all. I think most of agree, there could be more modes available to please a greater variety of people. Maybe someone from EA will see these posts and get on board with us? It's amazing how developers for The Show not only view the posts, they respond to them with honest answers and even implement changes in the game based on the forums discussions. Maybe that's why The Show is so successful?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:

It is a gamebreaker to me. I don't want to quarterback the Patriots, play guard for the Warriors, etc.

Every other major sports EA title allows this but golf. It is a shame and completely removes me from the realism and immersion of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »