Home

Peter Moore Confirms on YouTube Stream That EA Still Exclusive With NFL

This is a discussion on Peter Moore Confirms on YouTube Stream That EA Still Exclusive With NFL within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 10:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dammit!! The trailer didn't move me one bit. In fact I STILL SEE SAME BODY TYPES SAME GLOVES SAME SHOES! Oh and only Beckham has tattoo's, I thought they would do differently within a year( but oops I forgot it's Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 11:03 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Peter Moore Confirms on YouTube Stream That EA Still Exclusive With NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by micole
Dammit!! The trailer didn't move me one bit. In fact I STILL SEE SAME BODY TYPES SAME GLOVES SAME SHOES! Oh and only Beckham has tattoo's, I thought they would do differently within a year( but oops I forgot it's Madden
No equipment update this year, that was already mentioned before E3.

Acturally, Kaep and Von Miller have tats this year it seems.

The players need permission from the artist or EA will be served with lawsuits on the tats.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:44 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 1

I hate this to my core. It just means the genre is gonna continue going almost nowhere like it has since 2004, got us wanting basic stuff like a real full playcall screen and basic equipment, and we know we arent getting it, smh. How crazy is that?

I get mad heated over thinking about where football gaming would be today if this BS never happened. Look at where it was in 2004, and theyre still playing catchup to a ton a things.

But as far as the NFL license go with that other game thats just fooled around forever, Im not even trippin. E3 was nuts this year. I wasnt even checking for that game today.

Its so many dope games droppin, Im not about to stress over a buncha unknowns who wanna play corny hide and go seek games on Twitter. I dont got time for that. Thats why I didnt even disagree with Millennium shuttin it down.

Show something, confirm something, or bounce, and I mean seriously bounce.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #28
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No equipment update this year, that was already mentioned before E3.

Acturally, Kaep and Von Miller have tats this year it seems.

The players need permission from the artist or EA will be served with lawsuits on the tats.
This is one thing a lot of people don't understand. EA can't just add in tattoo's and even certain equipment. A lot of it is licensed content they need permission to use. For tattoo's it would be a monumental task to get the rights to every tattoo in the game. A tattoo is like a song or painting the rights of it belong to the artist. Having the exclusive license gives them rights to everything the NFL owns directly, they still need to sign separate deals with companies like Reebook, Nike, Under Armour etc.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:02 AM   #29
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This is one thing a lot of people don't understand. EA can't just add in tattoo's and even certain equipment. A lot of it is licensed content they need permission to use. For tattoo's it would be a monumental task to get the rights to every tattoo in the game. A tattoo is like a song or painting the rights of it belong to the artist. Having the exclusive license gives them rights to everything the NFL owns directly, they still need to sign separate deals with companies like Reebook, Nike, Under Armour etc.
While I agree with, or at least accept, the premise of EA going that rout, I still feel like they could circumvent the rules in a form that would allow for some sort of generic tattoos to be place holders for players to make them at least seem more realistic. It wouldn't be truly authentic, but it would be more authentic than what we currently have.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:03 AM   #30
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

so you are telling me every player in the NBA has their tattoos verified by the NBA? I find that VERY hard to believe...
Old 06-16-2015, 12:07 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
so you are telling me every player in the NBA has their tattoos verified by the NBA? I find that VERY hard to believe...
2k hasn't been sued previously, either, EA has. The NFLPA is the one that required the players to get permission from the tattoo artist. They didn't want anymore lawsuits filed.

Different league, different set of rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 12:07 AM   #32
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
As it's been stated multiple times before about the issue. 2K or the NBPA or whatever run the risk by doing so. EA got sued over the Ricky Williams tattoo on NFL Street and now the NFLPA makes players obtain the rights as a preventative measure. Is what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »