Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions Walkthrough and Gameplay (GT Reviews)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions Walkthrough and Gameplay (GT Reviews) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Same old @$$ cleats.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:57 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions Walkthrough and Gameplay (GT Reviews)

+ Some of the tackling looked good.

+ The lighting looked better than what had been shown so far.

+ Running animations look improved so that's good. But there is a lot of bad:

+ QB setting looks improved

+ Saw a RB pick up a block and it was a type of pickup that was missed practically every time in Madden for years, so to see that pickup was refreshing.

- Seeing cutscenes from Madden 12, 13, 25 and 15 is flat-out unacceptable, and one of the precise reasons gamers accuse them of being lazy. No excuse for that guys. You know better than that.

- Seeing celebrations that have been in the game since Madden 10, equally unacceptable.

- Some of these cameras are just a mess. I'm beyond tired of this experimental crap they keep doing. Broadcast is perfect. It doesn't need to be "improved" on. Just do it and stick to that. Cut this crap out.

- The fact that QB's can still roll out of the pocket and move to a lateral position and then throw the ball with perfect accuracy is laughable. You couldn't even do that well in Tecmo Super Bowl, you certainly shouldn't be able to do that in Madden.

- Same crummy playcall screen that covers up action and lacks master control functionality.

- The way players line up is still a mess and it's the same mess it's been since Madden 08. You'd have to think that this would've been fixed 7 years ago, but no. Just look at how disconnected they look and how they hunch, scoot, and scurry, especially the running back. How do you tout all these animation improvements but you don't even bother to touch something like that?

- This video perfectly illustrated how the new catch mechanics are going to be abused. All of this high-point jumping in the air. This is like Super High Impact Football or something. This is ridiculous

This to me looks like Madden 15.5. Visually, it doesn't look bad, it just looks like an upgrade pack for Madden 15 that I could download for $19.99, but with the silly overdone air-catching I'm seeing, I'm not even sure I'd want to.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #35
Banned

So all game on people are just going to throw it up? So unreal, and another yearly madden gimmick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #36
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
+ This video perfectly illustrated how the new catch mechanics are going to be abused. All of this high-point jumping in the air. This is like Super High Impact Football or something. This is ridiculous
My only thing here, and I know I already said this but just saying, I think the point of the video was to show off the new passing mechanics, as well as the DBs playing the ball, which is he played on pro or rookie (not sure which) and had a clear ratings advantage over the CPU team.

CM is at E3 and has posted his impression from today after playing it that on AP or higher the aggressive high point catches are not money at all.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:16 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
My only thing here, and I know I already said this but just saying, I think the point of the video was to show off the new passing mechanics, as well as the DBs playing the ball, which is he played on pro or rookie (not sure which) and had a clear ratings advantage over the CPU team.

CM is at E3 and has posted his impression from today after playing it that on AP or higher the aggressive high point catches are not money at all.
Doesn't matter, because the fact that it's in there, people are going to abuse it. The majority of the people who buy this game aren't sim players and will see no problem with jumping up 40 times per game.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #38
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
Doesn't matter, because the fact that it's in there, people are going to abuse it. The majority of the people who buy this game aren't sim players and will see no problem with jumping up 40 times per game.
You can't control what people do, as long as the AI isn't doing that, that's what matters.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You can't control what people do, as long as the AI isn't doing that, that's what matters.
To an extent, you actually can. All you have to do is make sure only certain special players have certain tendencies/abilities. See APF.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #40
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

Unfortunetly those types of impressions get selectively ignored.
Hopefully he gets more gameplay and reports back with more impressions.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »