Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions Walkthrough and Gameplay (GT Reviews)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions Walkthrough and Gameplay (GT Reviews) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #49
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions Walkthrough and Gameplay (GT Reviews)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
They said that in Madden 08 and other years, too. Yet, we have tons of videos showing not only scrub WRs and TEs making spec catches, there are vids of QUARTERBACKS making them. I saw one with Peyton Manning making spec catches.

So we're supposed to believe THIS is the year that all goes away and they get it right? Pfffft. Ill believe it when I see it, homie.
This isn't Madden 08 and I've played the game over 35 hours, you'll see it for yourself soon enough.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:15 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan_forever17
Did you even watch the video?
I hate when people do that. It doesnt help your argument dude.

Youre missing the point anyway, and I doubt the ratings you claim since neither you or I know the ratings of the players in Madden 16.

Show me an NFL game where guys, elite or otherwise are going sky like that constantly. You cant. Thats the problem and the point. Youre tryna to rationalize arcade gameplay in a supposed sim game. Not gonna fly.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:20 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This isn't Madden 08 and I've played the game over 35 hours, you'll see it for yourself soon enough.
Im gonna see guys online and on YouTube jumping up for balls constantly just like the cheesers in this video. Why? Because they can, and thats what non-sim gamers do which is the majority of people who play Madden. And if you think thats not gonna be exploited youre kidding yourself. There are whole communities for Madden devoted to exploits and this dev team is not good enough to develop something airtight enough for cats to not be able to figure out how to glitch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 12:24 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I hate when people do that. It doesnt help your argument dude.

Youre missing the point anyway, and I doubt the ratings you claim since neither you or I know the ratings of the players in Madden 16.

Show me an NFL game where guys, elite or otherwise are going sky like that constantly. You cant. Thats the problem and the point. Youre tryna to rationalize arcade gameplay in a supposed sim game. Not gonna fly.
It was mentioned in the video of what skill level they were playing on and rex talked about the players on defense for the cpu being rated in the 70s and how 90 players (the ones making those catches) would look ten times better than them.

Yes we only have one video to go by and won't know everything until it hits retails and we can play it ourselves. And like most sports games you have to tweak it to your skill level using sliders. Some people forget that this is a video game and certain things cannot be done to make it real as possible. It isn't as easy as pushing a button and oh there it is. Realism! sorry doesn't fly. Lots of coding, research, trial and error, etc. damn now you got me defending madden. Ugh. I just hate entitled gamers. "You know it should be this easy!!!" I don't see you making games. Hard work goes into things.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:29 AM   #53
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
It was mentioned in the video of what skill level they were playing on and rex talked about the players on defense for the cpu being rated in the 70s and how 90 players (the ones making those catches) would look ten times better than them.

Yes we only have one video to go by and won't know everything until it hits retails and we can play it ourselves. And like most sports games you have to tweak it to your skill level using sliders. Some people forget that this is a video game and certain things cannot be done to make it real as possible. It isn't as easy as pushing a button and oh there it is. Realism! sorry doesn't fly. Lots of coding, research, trial and error, etc. damn now you got me defending madden. Ugh. I just hate entitled gamers. "You know it should be this easy!!!" I don't see you making games. Hard work goes into things.
For sure, man.

I understand why there is reason to be concerned about high point aggressive catches being abused online. I guess we will find out how balanced it all is when the game comes out. Hopefully EA has programmed counter-balances into the DB abilities to properly combat these kind of throws/catches and the results, even results in head to head online games, are at least somewhat realistic and based on ratings.

With or without these new catches/coverage options people still would have put up youtube videos of money plays or nano blitzes.

Bottom line is all we have right now is this video and the stuff in this video looks pretty great to me, honestly.

We all want a sim game, I hope we get it.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:31 AM   #54
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Also once we get some videos where they are focused on playing the game and not showcasing the additions we'll know more.
Plus hopefully videos on AP or higher.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-17-2015, 12:33 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:

Youre not even making sense now. Im not sure you know what entitled actually means based on how youre using it. That doesnt even fit the context, smh. But Ill humor that:

I pay $60 and Im "entitled" to my view just like when you pay your $60 youre "entitled" to yours. Your view is no better than mine, and because you see something differently doesnt put you on some higher plane than me or anybody else.

Im a consumer. So are you. Its not the consumer's job to give a damn about how hard a producers job is, so to even bring that up is pointless, it also has zero to do with whatever design choice a company makes which a lot of times has nothing to do with difficulty in the first place but more to do with a direction.

Whatever hate you feel is your own deal and you need to work that out within yourself.

Me? I dont hate. Thats no way to live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 12:38 AM   #56
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Back on topic:
After watching and seeing what it's all about it looks like something I may try out.
It's peaked my interest a bit.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »