Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Course and Golfer List

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Course and Golfer List within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Course and Golfer List

And to make it worse for me, I hate 3 of those courses. This officially clinches this game taking over the mantle of being this year's NHL 15. Also marks the first time in a decade I haven't bought this game.

People blame the marketing but I said ad nauseum that you can't blame marketing when there is nothing to market. What makes it worse is it took over 2 years to make this game and they won't make another one for another 2 years, if at all. The sales are gonna be so dismal for this game that there's a good chance EA drops the game. One can only hope.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:36 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
This makes absolutely zero sense. You have TWO years to work on the game and you release 8 courses. On top of that, two of the major courses included will have either concluded or just begun with the release of the game. It's great to have Chambers in the game, but the U.S. Open will have been completed for nearly a month upon release. That alone is embarrassing. I am very disappointed in the news unless they are going to unleash some kind of free DLC every week with one new course
Old 06-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
And to make it worse for me, I hate 3 of those courses. This officially clinches this game taking over the mantle of being this year's NHL 15. Also marks the first time in a decade I haven't bought this game.

People blame the marketing but I said ad nauseum that you can't blame marketing when there is nothing to market. What makes it worse is it took over 2 years to make this game and they won't make another one for another 2 years, if at all. The sales are gonna be so dismal for this game that there's a good chance EA drops the game. One can only hope.
I get your criticism and to an extent it's warranted... But dude, your overall sense of bashing this game is getting kinda old.. (even if you would word your posts differently it may SOUND better, but that's not even happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
This makes absolutely zero sense. You have TWO years to work on the game and you release 8 courses. On top of that, two of the major courses included will have either concluded or just begun with the release of the game. It's great to have Chambers in the game, but the U.S. Open will have been completed for nearly a month upon release. That alone is embarrassing. I am very disappointed in the news unless they are going to unleash some kind of free DLC every week with one new course
I agree 9 courses is a bit on the low end, (especially after two years)... I think it's cool to have chambers there (although the US Open will have ended well by the time of release Chambers is new to the series after all). And yes, they better have some sort of DLC for courses because if not that'll just be sad.. At least they have a DECENT list of a roster, kinda low still, but good players.. (I had hoped they woulda gotten Lefty...but oh well).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 08:59 AM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0
36 courses available in the '13 game through DLC and other avenues, only 16 of those were base, 20 were base in '14 with 44 total through DLC and other avenues. We have 8 in base now, with 1 pre-order. Keeping with the trend we should see at least 10 available eventually through DLC. Ideally they add an update to add more for free, but its EA. Very disappointing to hear.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

This doesn't even sound like a full game, it's almost like an expansion pack.

I guess the only question left for EA to answer is "can we play as Laser Logan in full military gear for the mind numbingly dull career mode?"
Old 06-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #14
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
This reminds me of the first Tiger Woods game on 360, which I think only had six courses.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

First off, why in the world wouldn't they have been marketing Chambers Bay more recently since the U.S. Open is there this week? That's just odd.

Second, what in the hell are they thinking only releasing this many courses to start with? I figured every sports game would learn from the first Tiger Woods release on 360 a decade ago, but I guess not. I'm going to have to preorder just so I won't miss out on 10 percent of the in-game courses. Blah.

I read all the comments last night about the Night Tour, and I was prepared to defend the game a little saying that's just one mode and I'm sure plenty of time was spent on real PGA Tour stuff. After seeing the anything but robust course list, I can't defend that other mode at all. In no way, should any fantasy courses even be thought of until at least 18-20 real courses are in the game. I'm extremely disappointed, and that's coming from a pretty big EA Sports supporter.

I hate paying for DLC, but I probably will on this one just to get more to play with. Damn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

If there are only 9 real courses, I will be skipping this one. So disappointing. I was really looking forward to a good golf game that I could get into.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »