Home

NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video (IGN) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

Based on only a few CPU plays..................seems like the generic "point guard carries the ball up every time" is still in.

CPU LeBron went to the three point line every time Cavs had the ball / Kyrie carried the ball.

Tiny sample, yes. But PG dominated offense / no one else carried the ball up was all through 14 and 15, so it would have been nice to see some more variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
This game will never be animation based like 2k so that "stiffness" you guys see will be there. Surprised its so hard to understand

But none of that "stiffness" exists in FIFA.............

Why keep comparing to 2K? Why not compare to FIFA?

FIFA has none of that stiffness. Same company.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:45 PM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Definitely looks much improved but let's be honest, Live had nowhere to go but up considering that last two games they put out. There's a lot to like about what their doing with the game but until they get the animation quality at the level of their competition it will still fall short. I like that Live gives you more freedom to break out of animations better than 2K but if the animations aren't as smooth it's kind of a wash in that area.

+ Player models look better

+ Off ball movement is improved

+ Signature shots / dribbling looks good

+ Like the hand off passes

+ Physics & "Live movement" look good

- Net/rim physics are still stiff & not dynamic enough (need to see more variations in how the ball goes through the net ala 2K)

- Still no assistant coaches on the bench which looks awkward

- Animations (although improved) still have that "Live stiffness" look to them

Overall the game is much improved but still not at the level it needs to be. Keep working on the animation quality & Live could on it's way. Hopefully they can still improve between now & release. I will definitely give it a try.

Agree on all the good points. The hand offs look great.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #68
Rookie

I'm not going to criticize the developers because I know they have to put in long hours of work with the budget and resources they are given. However I will lambaste the people who are overseeing this project. Is this really a next gen basketball game? Did you see how funky those dribbling animations were? Are they really going to insult us again by placing a $60 dollar price tag on this game? I think they need to overhaul everything from what I've seen these past three years on this gen. How many years do we have to be patient with them to give us a competent game that matches this era of gaming? I'm talking solid graphics/visuals, quality fluid animations, smart A.I., creative editing, and unique game modes. What is so hard to grasp for these guys? I'm tired of waiting on them.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:09 AM   #69
MVP

This doesnt contain to the game in particular but im suprised nba live or 2k hasnt got Licensed refs in the were each called fouls different for Example Joey Crawford would call a charge different from say a Tony Brothers. Just a suggestion im suprised they didnt try out.Same goes for Madden
Old 06-18-2015, 01:26 AM   #70
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I'm not going to criticize the developers because I know they have to put in long hours of work with the budget and resources they are given. However I will lambaste the people who are overseeing this project. Is this really a next gen basketball game? Did you see how funky those dribbling animations were? Are they really going to insult us again by placing a $60 dollar price tag on this game? I think they need to overhaul everything from what I've seen these past three years on this gen. How many years do we have to be patient with them to give us a competent game that matches this era of gaming? I'm talking solid graphics/visuals, quality fluid animations, smart A.I., creative editing, and unique game modes. What is so hard to grasp for these guys? I'm tired of waiting on them.
So don't? I'm not trying to be mean here, just saying...
Old 06-18-2015, 01:56 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
dont give them your money and stop waiting on them to deliver a product to you the way you like. As consumers thats what we do. Speak with your wallet brother. I havent given them a dime since 2010. But I will probably get this one barring a collapse. lol. will try it ea access first though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 02:28 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wonder if they've addressed the rebounding on this game and added more animations when it comes to rebounding the ball i.e. volleyball rebounding, jumpball rebounding, and etc because the rebounding physics/animations in Live 15 were very basic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »