Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Tennessee Titans vs. New York Giants

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Tennessee Titans vs. New York Giants within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 02:49 AM   #25
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Tennessee Titans vs. New York Giants

I wonder what Elis deep ball rating is? Must be terrible.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 02:56 AM   #26

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

While he did complete a few face catches, it's comforting to see him go like 7/20 for the game and be punished for awful passes. Cautiously optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 06-18-2015, 02:57 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 22

Wow, color me surprised...I am pretty pleased with what i saw as far as the gameplay goes. Definitely an improvement with AI logic. Seen the AI QB tuck and scramble through the middle was pretty impressive. Seeing Manning toss a lot of off balls was nice too!

The war in the trenches look brutal which i mean in a good way. I like the fighting going on and the run plays looks fun, especially going up the middle and being able to finally break tackles instead of immediately being dropped. This will make things much more fun running the ball. I also liked the CPU offensive linemen targeting the right defenders during a running sweep play..seeing three big hogs leading the RB on a sweep play and actually targeting the correct open defensive run stoppers is a nice welcome.

DB AI logic looks very impressive! Loved seeing two DB's attacking a pass with gusto.

I also seen quite a few new animations. I hope they continue to touch on these presentation elements, fix things that repeat, like seeing dual players do the same animation at the same time while next to each other. Although i was impressed when I seen a situation after a play was over where two Giant's players were walking together with one player sorta pumping his hand and other player clapping after they "BOTH" broke up the pass play, nice stuff. This is the kind of thing that makes such a huge difference in the atmosphere. If only they can add more to this by release date.

About the gameplay stuff, like i said and others have said there is a marked improvement that is most definitely noticeable. As long as sliders work..i can usually fine tune to my desire...the main thing i had issues with was AI logic on both sides of the ball which seem to be much improved.

I keep my hopes for some authentic half time show...maybe we can see more of this kind of stuff along with mid week things to do...it just makes things more fun having extra things to do during mid week, Practices that enhance attributes, injured player rehabilitation elements,etc,etc..much more stuff we can do during mid week and off season will make things more immersive.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-18-2015 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:55 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

I didn't like how Eli is rolling out like Russell Wilson
Old 06-18-2015, 03:59 AM   #29
Banned

Best Madden gameplay I've ever seen. Some issues, Giants could not get any pressure on the Qb, pocket formation wasn't that good, Mariota seemed too accurate and just stood in the pocket like a statue most of the time. Running animations are much better than in 15, receivers fall to the ground after making caches now which is great!, tackling is much improved, wr/db interactions are way better, need to see more contact between the two before the ball is thrown. The presentation is bad imo, it looks nothing like a real NFL game on TV, bring back the coin toss in offline games. Overall this game is looking really good.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #30
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
My 2 biggest complaints about 15 seem to still be an issue.
1. Cpu QB accuracy. I can live with it though.
2. Lack of CPU run game. Hopefully it's because it was the titans but there was no cpu run game in that video. That could be a deal breaker for me.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #31
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

Madden NFL 16 Video - Tennessee Titans vs. New York Giants

Poor clock management by the CPU just before the end of the half. Titans had 1 timeout remaining, about 3 seconds left on the clock and they lineup to take a FG attempt with the clock still running. They still made the FG because the special teams unit is already in place the exact moment the team breaks the huddle.

This is a huge legacy issue in Madden that really just kills any immersion when it comes to clock management throughout the game, especially for those of us who like to play long quarters. It's just another example of sim-minded players having to "pretend" that the CPU performed certain acts throughout the game in order to keep a sense of realism; in this case we pretend that Tennessee called the TO.

Last edited by TexasFan2005; 06-18-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 08:37 AM   #32
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

A few quick thoughts:

The highlight for me was seeing the CPU Mariota take off and run...it was great to see that. Also was nice to see the bad passes from Eli.

Biggest complaints right now:
The run game looks pretty ineffective...not just this video, but most of them that I've watched. Also, the d-line seems unable to generate much pressure on the QB (also true for the other videos).

I'm thinking those issues can probably be tuned with sliders, but it is disappointing. Overall, I am fairly pleased with what I've seen. Not perfect, but definitely moving in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »