Home

FIFA 16 E3 Hands-On (Quick Look)

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 E3 Hands-On (Quick Look) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-18-2015, 03:26 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
FIFA 16 E3 Hands-On (Quick Look)

For now what we'll be doing here at Operation Sports is posting a quick look detailing some of our initial thoughts on sports titles at E3. Once we play more of these games throughout the week we will post more fleshed out hands-on impressions this week and next.

In addition, if you have questions about the game you would like us to ask developers, feel free to post them. We can't guarantee we'll get them answered -- and it's probably better to not get too crazy specific -- but what we do get answered we'll post here on OS as well at some point. The same goes for if you just want to hear more about something we talked about in the article(s). For example, "hey dude, you talked about how the dribbling feels different, can you talk more about that?"

FIFA comes into this season with the standard issue of having a good gameplay formula that needs to be refined and improved without chapping the base group of fans. Of course, when you have millions of people who play your game, it's always hard to know who makes up that base, but right now FIFA is toying with the formula in some interesting ways.

Read More - FIFA 16 E3 Hands-On (Quick Look)
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 04:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question - Any chance of getting multiple combinations for kits on some of the teams? If not w/ the initial release, how about in the EA Catalogue (to buy w/ coins similar to purchasing historic kits)

Examples - Manchester United home red jersey w/ BLACK shorts (as opposed to white)

Tottenham ALL white combo

Southampton blue home jersey with yellow shorts and socks

Chelsea - All blue kit with BLUE socks (not their normal white)

Arsenal - alternate between their red and white socks to go along w/ their main red, home jersey.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 16 E3 Hands-On (Quick Look)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
Question - Any chance of getting multiple combinations for kits on some of the teams? If not w/ the initial release, how about in the EA Catalogue (to buy w/ coins similar to purchasing historic kits)

Examples - Manchester United home red jersey w/ BLACK shorts (as opposed to white)

Arsenal - alternate between their red and white socks to go along w/ their main red, home jersey.
I wouldn't hold my breath on this one mate...
Old 06-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus

That would be great but I don't see that happening.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why doesn't anyone play using broadcast camera angle? Every gameplay video of fifa I see is usually using the default tele camera angle. Broadcast gives you the feeling like your watching an actual match on tv. I think I'm literally the only one that uses broadcast haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
Why doesn't anyone play using broadcast camera angle? Every gameplay video of fifa I see is usually using the default tele camera angle. Broadcast gives you the feeling like your watching an actual match on tv. I think I'm literally the only one that uses broadcast haha
I think the more of the pitch you see the better so you can pick out player's runs etc. I prefer the tele broadcast camera zoomed out. It's strange though that everyone plays Madden, 2k and NHL with up and down cam but Fifa from side on lol.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #7
Rookie

Any improvements on goalkeeper's decision making?
How does the new shooting mechanics feel?
What was the AI defence like for picking up runners and covering space?

One thing I would like to see come back is create set piece mode. Not just the 4 options you have from corners but an in depth system. Also the abilty to create defensive set pieces so I can put players where I want when defending free kicks and corners. Choose man mark or zonal defence. Get your best heading players in key areas. I like to play with a player on the half way line right at the touchline when defending corners, if the gk catches it I throw it to him immediatly setting up great counter attacks.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #8
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
I like the look of FIFA's broadcast cam, it's really authentic. But at the same time it hides too much, especially on the far end of the pitch. The ball gets hidden behind players, etc.

As for other sports games, I play all of them with a side-to-side cam except Madden. Football just doesn't work for me with that cam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »