Home

Microsoft Press Briefing News and Notes

This is a discussion on Microsoft Press Briefing News and Notes within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #193
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Microsoft Press Briefing News and Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Honestly, never heard of them until the video you posted. I don't mind if I have to wait a year especially when I know that I'll most likely get the "complete" and superior version for less money. If that's true, great but if not, I get the game sooner. Either way, I win.

I just don't believe that the time limit is more than six months simply because if it was, it would be confirmed and announced already by Microsoft and they would use it as a bigger marketing push compared to what they're actually doing. Plus, the E3 video at their press conference was a total and complete joke as they should have showed the actual gameplay video with Lara going through the snow. That looked awesome and should have been shown.

As for the price that Microsoft paid, who knows for sure but im guessing that it's at least $1m minimum. Probably more.

The truly funny part is that I think the game is going to bomb sales wise and not come close to what they're expecting it to do for one simple reason - Fallout 4. There's a FAR BIGGER fan base for Fallout 4 than there is for Tomb Raider and unless there's some awesome Xbox One Tomb Raider console bundle, I see it getting crushed by Fallout 4. To me, Microsoft paying for it to be a timed exclusive could easily blow up in their face due to Fallout 4 as no one expected it to be shown at E3 until it was leaked and even then, no one was expecting it to be released November 10th.

It's definitely going to be interesting, that's for sure. As for me, I'll play Tomb Raider eventually one way or the other. In the mean time, if anything, I have too many games to play on PS4 and have a backlog already so if I have to wait a year for Tomb Raider, it could be a huge positive for me depending on what other games get released in the end of 2016. Again, either way, I win no matter when the game gets released.
Waiting a year to get a game for $20 less is a win? How? Any game can be had for that price or less a year later. And often times with the DLC included too. So taking away the option to buy sooner is a win? Lol ok.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #194
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
No need to state the obvious. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBornLV
I really had no idea.
Not any different than those who are Xbox fanboys. Same thing, different side.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #195
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I believe this is a MS thread right? So if you do not have an xbox one which you do not....Why post here to tell us how much better the PS4 version will be of anything or blah blah.

There is a PS4 thread. Not much to talk about there but you can post there about all the greatness that is PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2015, 02:14 PM   #196
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
Waiting a year to get a game for $20 less is a win? How? Any game can be had for that price or less a year later. And often times with the DLC included too. So taking away the option to buy sooner is a win? Lol ok.
I said for me that it's a win. Mainly because I already have a packed second half of 2015 and wasn't going to buy an Xbox One again until after other exclusives come out which won't happen until early/mid 2016 at the earliest.

I'm not a fan of timed exclusives and don't think that they should exist but they do and will continue to exist until Microsoft and Sony stops paying for them.

I still don't see it being a year but if it is, at least I'll have what should be a good game to look forward to.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:22 PM   #197
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
I believe this is a MS thread right? So if you do not have an xbox one which you do not....Why post here to tell us how much better the PS4 version will be of anything or blah blah.

There is a PS4 thread. Not much to talk about there but you can post there about all the greatness that is PS4
The topic was more about Tomb Raider than Xbox One or PS4 but let's be honest - third party games look, run and play better on PS4. Last gen, third party games were better on Xbox 360. Not really much to talk about in either thread until Gamescom.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #198
MVP

BattleBornLV's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Oh yeah super Xbox fanboy over here, lol be serious man. I don't understand why it's such a big deal for you that you need constantly to remind everyone why the PS4 is so great. Why does it bug you so much when people are enjoying their console of choice? It's a damn gaming console man relax. Now if you're on Sony's payroll then by all means fanboy on.
Quote:
The topic was more about Tomb Raider than Xbox One or PS4 but let's be honest - third party games look, run and play better on PS4.
Yes the topic was about tomb raider but then you had to start bringing in the PS4 vs Xbox nonsense, as always.

Last edited by BattleBornLV; 06-28-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #199
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

This is a Microsoft thread isn't it? The beauty is I don't have to buy an XBox1 to enjoy the exclusives when some are already on PC and others soon arriving. But, don't mind me......

Oh, new game announced at E3 coming to xbox1 and pc early next year. Looks interesting.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #200
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Microsoft would be dumb if they ignored pc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »