Home

NBA 2K16 Features Body Scans for More Player Authenticity

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Features Body Scans for More Player Authenticity within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #65
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Features Body Scans for More Player Authenticity

I'm really hoping this is more than just visually upgrading the game.

I mean obviously it's cool that people have different bodies but I think guys with huge shoulders like Dwight and AD should have the advantages them shoulders give them...
same with blocking/contesting shots with a longer wingspan.

Anyone remember NBA Street on the 360 and PS3 when you created your guy and they let you choose a face of an NBA player then you could morph it?
I think they should do the same with bodies, even tattoos this year.
Like take Lebron's body type and even choose his ink to go with it.

And I would hope this could translate into the association modes too...
Off the top of my head, Thad Young when he was younger on the Sixers was just like Jerami Grant is now: skinny, but long and had broad shoulders. Meaning he had the template to put weight and strength on. Look at Thad now...he's pretty built but he's still quicker than most 4s.

It would be cool to bulk up rookies or slim down veterans like Shaq (tried lol).

I don't know how far this technology can actually go, but I remember older 2K's if you put your weight past a certain amount your body would become thicker...so it's not like it's never been done before.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Awesome confirmation.

I'm really really REALLY hoping we can finally create players with different body types.

Heck, I'd be happy with: skinny, muscular, stocky.

Just PLEASE give us some variation.
So much of this right here!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:22 PM   #67
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Hopefully they have enough variety of body scans that can be used for other players.

Wait...Might not work because if the tats? Guess 2k can just use the current body types for those that weren't scanned.
Models can easily be retextured and remapped so I hope they get rid of the current ones entirely.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #68
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I'm really hoping this is more than just visually upgrading the game.

I mean obviously it's cool that people have different bodies but I think guys with huge shoulders like Dwight and AD should have the advantages them shoulders give them...

same with blocking/contesting shots with a longer wingspan.

Anyone remember NBA Street on the 360 and PS3 when you created your guy and they let you choose a face of an NBA player then you could morph it?

I think they should do the same with bodies, even tattoos this year.

Like take Lebron's body type and even choose his ink to go with it.

And I would hope this could translate into the association modes too...

Off the top of my head, Thad Young when he was younger on the Sixers was just like Jerami Grant is now: skinny, but long and had broad shoulders. Meaning he had the template to put weight and strength on. Look at Thad now...he's pretty built but he's still quicker than most 4s.

It would be cool to bulk up rookies or slim down veterans like Shaq (tried lol).

I don't know how far this technology can actually go, but I remember older 2K's if you put your weight past a certain amount your body would become thicker...so it's not like it's never been done before.

NBA live used to do this back in the day, but I doubt 2k would allow that in today's era because of the NBAPA.

I remember guys like Eddie curry getting bigger in the offseason randomly, it was pretty cool. Think it was back in NBA live 04 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #69
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
NBA live used to do this back in the day, but I doubt 2k would allow that in today's era because of the NBAPA.

I remember guys like Eddie curry getting bigger in the offseason randomly, it was pretty cool. Think it was back in NBA live 04 or so.

Yea I'm pretty sure in Live 05 Josh Smith grew 2 times and he became legit 7' and played center for me.
It's not fake either...Lebron is huge compared to his rookie year...Antetokoumpo and Paul George are both growing...
Almost every center bulks up after a few seasons.

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #70
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yea I'm pretty sure in Live 05 Josh Smith grew 2 times and he became legit 7' and played center for me.

It's not fake either...Lebron is huge compared to his rookie year...Antetokoumpo and Paul George are both growing...

Almost every center bulks up after a few seasons.

I would like to see some random generation of height and weight, for drafted players, not the authentic ones, I think that's probably the best way to do it

Old 07-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #71
Rookie

woshihuxingtan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Ive sat in church with Tyson Chandler before. Hes really just a tall skinny guy to be honest. Pics aside he doesnt look abnormal in everyday clothes because of this lol
Still shocked by that pics, I still can't imagine that skinny guy in that pic is Tyson Chandler...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 05:26 PM   #72
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

To be honest he has gained some weight

I do wonder if they were able to catch up to him though... those Iverson NBA Jerseys would look ridiculous on him

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »