Home

Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2015, 01:23 AM   #169
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details

"Drive starters" are likely linked to drive goals, so I wouldn't really expect something very immersive. It will likely be like this:

Drive goal: Get 40 rushing yds with LeSean McCoy

Nantz: well Phil, what do you think the Bills need to do on this drive

Phil: you know Jim, eeeeeeeeem, I think if the Bills manage to give the ball to eeeeeeeem Shady eeeeeem McCoy, specifically around 40 yds, eeeeeem I think then they'll have a successful drive.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:24 AM   #170
Banned

OVR: 0

So they add crowd head tracking but not head tracking for players and coaches on the side line? They improved the cameramen on the sideline but completely ignored the players, player models, player movement, and reactions on the sideline? The players on the sideline are such an eyesore, they look like football mannequins and completely oblivious to whats going on on the field. Remember living sidelines?
Old 07-10-2015, 01:45 AM   #171
Banned

A small thing I notice which looks like is still missing is player name banners. After a big play or even a touchdown player names don't appear on the screen anywhere, and it looks like the name does not show up on the new instant stat banners for players either.
I know its a small thing but sometimes if a player makes a big play it's hard to tell who they are if they aren't a popular player or if the name on the back of the jersey isn't shown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 04:36 AM   #172
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
A small thing I notice which looks like is still missing is player name banners. After a big play or even a touchdown player names don't appear on the screen anywhere, and it looks like the name does not show up on the new instant stat banners for players either.
I know its a small thing but sometimes if a player makes a big play it's hard to tell who they are if they aren't a popular player or if the name on the back of the jersey isn't shown.
This is true! One of the coolest things, visually, about MLB The Show is how when you're in batting view, you can see the scoreboard behind center field with real-time stats.

It'd be cool if Madden had add stat-pop ups to the scoreboards on stadiums and used their new cut-away scenes to showcase those (and their new crowd models) between plays.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #173
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Um the players name appears on the score banner after plays in Madden 15, not sure what you mean. It definitely appears in 16 too.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #174
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
"Drive starters" are likely linked to drive goals, so I wouldn't really expect something very immersive. It will likely be like this:

Drive goal: Get 40 rushing yds with LeSean McCoy

Nantz: well Phil, what do you think the Bills need to do on this drive

Phil: you know Jim, eeeeeeeeem, I think if the Bills manage to give the ball to eeeeeeeem Shady eeeeeem McCoy, specifically around 40 yds, eeeeeem I think then they'll have a successful drive.
Nope nothing like that, Kolbe even talked about it in one of his videos how it would sound stupid if it was like that. You can hear the drive starters in a few of the E3 videos, definitely titans giants for one.

In this video at 3:34 you can hear the beginning of one of the drive starters, talking about Steelers defense

http://youtu.be/VPgON4iXWME

And here at 11:45, 13:46, 14:38, 18:46, 21:17, 27:54
http://youtu.be/oXLyYtb_dHQ

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-10-2015 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #175
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

JP, could you get confirmation whether all the presentation features will be available in head-to-head CFM games? By that, I also mean features from M15 that weren't discussed in this blog, like Pre-Game and Half-time presentation.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 06:43 AM   #176
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea we said earlier that the PS4 just added the feature earlier this year. And I'm not a programmer either so I don't know why it can't happen. But before I think you always had to go straight from the console. But with the X1 can you save them anywhere because I think that could be the issue but I have no idea really. I'm just throwing out ideas.
No. You cant save them on the console itself. I put an 8gb thumb drive in with Ronyells (I think) NBA 2k12 sounds on it to test it out and everything sounds fine. I don't see why we couldn't just use that as the source and have the games pull from that. When it was announced I though it meant that we would have a way to get our music back into our games. Sony and MS need to just open these things back up so that devs can utilize it like before. We b#### about games removing features, MS and Sony are pulling some bull on us too. LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »