Home

DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled & DJ Premier to Create the Largest Soundtrack in NBA 2K History

This is a discussion on DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled & DJ Premier to Create the Largest Soundtrack in NBA 2K History within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #97
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled & DJ Premier to Create the Largest Soundtrack in NBA 2K His

Even bringing up Khaled makes me want to yell "WE THE BEST MUSIC"

There's a good chance I get divorced when the wife hears that like 30x a day when I play 2K16.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled & DJ Premier to Create the Largest Soundtrack in NBA 2K His

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Hmm, let me think. Maybe people who like country music?

And I've heard country music played at numerous arenas. Like I said, there are tons of upbeat country songs. Why not cater to everybody?

No Doubt was in 2K15. Is that considered "basketball music" to you? I mean, it's not hip hop, so it can't be. Right?
IDK about that guy you quoted but No Doubt is basically POP which is POPULAR Music will always be apart of the NBA whether it's hip hop, electronic or whatever. I'm not saying the game should only feature rap either but just because you hear country music in some arenas (which I've never) doesn't mean you'll ever hear it on a games that's broadcast nationally. By that I mean as they go to commercial break or play highlights for commercials. Like when have you ever seen basketball highlights to country music????

The music in the arenas comes from the DJ that's inside and maybe from owners and maybe even players sometimes. The closest thing I've ever heard to country on an actual broadcast with highlights is that NFL song.

Personally I like all genre's except country music lol but regardless it won't ever be in an NBA game bruh. Just be honest man. I could see maybe stadium music but def not in the main menus. They could definitely use some rock music but we don't even know what's actually on the soundtrack yet.

I just hope this means they'll have cool little commercials and stuff with actual music in game. That would actually make sense given some of the songs they picked. Like even that Zedd & Selena song would be played going to a commercial during the playoffs/regular season eventually. The break is hype and sounds just like something they would cut to commercial with.

Last edited by 24ct; 07-10-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #99
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K16 Soundtrack Collaboration with DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled & DJ Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I hope "DJ KHALEEEEED!" or "WE DA BEST!" is the first thing you hear when you turn the game on. You already had enough getting what you want this offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I wish I could 'like' this post more than once. It's spreading Two Four. We mobilizing the troops on y'all greedy asses in silver and black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seeing this now that the quote feature is working again, ya'll are grimey man...
Old 07-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #100
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
If it's nothing but that hip hop crap again, I'll just stick to spotify again. Seriously is it too much to ask to get a rock or metal track somewhere on the track?
The large majority of basketball fans arent big fans of rock or metal. They like "hip hop crap." You are the minority. LOL.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #101
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Hmm, let me think. Maybe people who like country music?

And I've heard country music played at numerous arenas. Like I said, there are tons of upbeat country songs. Why not cater to everybody?

No Doubt was in 2K15. Is that considered "basketball music" to you? I mean, it's not hip hop, so it can't be. Right?
Hmm. Which arenas? I've been to probably half of the arenas in the NBA over the last 7-8 yrs and I've never heard country played in any of them.

I've been to LA, DC, San Antonio, Both NY arenas, Atlanta, Philly, Boston, Chicago, OKC, Miami, Oakland and Charlotte.

Maybe I heard a country song in OKC but I dont remember it at all. Even still the large majority of songs were pop.

I'm a Wizard season ticket holder and the owner tried to switch up the music to organ music and only pop like 3 yrs ago and the fans and players complained. Now that **** is like walking into a hip hop nightclub.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 02:59 PM   #102
Rookie

nyqu1st's Arena

Can't take the soundtrack serious when the guy's name is DJ Mustard. NBA Live soundtrack was lit this year.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #103
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqu1st
Can't take the soundtrack serious when the guy's name is DJ Mustard. NBA Live soundtrack was lit this year.
Well, if memory serves me correctly a couple tracks on Live had DJ Mustard beats. Just saying lol.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #104
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqu1st

DJ Mustard is one of the hottest producers today. Smh. Have u been living under a rock? The dude makes a lot of hit records today that u hear on tv or the radio.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »