Home

NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
If you played it in previous years you would understand why using VC exclusively is not s good idea. (Not trying to be rude)

You can buy packs with VC. But other than that, VC can't be used to buy players because most people would just buy tons and tons of VC to buy the best players. It would destroy the market and game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then do what FIFA did with their price restrictions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #26
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2
Actually having a currency that's much tougher to acquire destroys the market more. Higher valued cards will rarely be moved because people just won't have the currency to purchase them. You can buy Stubs in the Show in the same way you can buy VC in 2k. Someone with money will always have the upper hand no matter what you do. If you're saying I can buy packs with VC, what's to stop me from buying a gross amount of packs until I get the cards I want, then selling off the cards I don't want. I'd still be able to convert VC into MyTeam currency. People will always find exploits, but when you put MyTeam on an island you force people to make a choice. Either play the rest of the game or play MyTeam.

Plus they don't seem to care much about the game being unfair for online play. Look at all the people who purchase VC just to make their characters great for the park without ever putting any time into them. Yeah they won't be at full potential but they'll be good enough.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #27
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Anyone who played myteam in 2k13 would know why VC + A Market idea would be a BUST.

BRB buying my all rainbow team on Day 1.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #28
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvazquez190
Actually having a currency that's much tougher to acquire destroys the market more. Higher valued cards will rarely be moved because people just won't have the currency to purchase them. You can buy Stubs in the Show in the same way you can buy VC in 2k. Someone with money will always have the upper hand no matter what you do. If you're saying I can buy packs with VC, what's to stop me from buying a gross amount of packs until I get the cards I want, then selling off the cards I don't want. I'd still be able to convert VC into MyTeam currency. People will always find exploits, but when you put MyTeam on an island you force people to make a choice. Either play the rest of the game or play MyTeam.

Plus they don't seem to care much about the game being unfair for online play. Look at all the people who purchase VC just to make their characters great for the park without ever putting any time into them. Yeah they won't be at full potential but they'll be good enough.
My name is also D Vazquez that's weird
Old 07-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #29
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

I understand some of the points you make so thank for that.

Buying packs with VC is very hard and a colossal waste of money for what you get in return. The pack odds are so low on most of them, a few of the Ruby sets were an exception.

People will spend money on whatever they please which is fine with me. The real problem this year was the lack of ways you could acquire an acceptable amount of MT. If they added more challenges with better rewards, more MT awarded from domination mode and RTTP, and others than it would be much more balanced.

This has been a problem in many of these game modes for years, it's not as easy to balance as you would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 07-22-2015, 02:58 PM   #30
The Magic

zasbury25's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Lol... what? Jordan was beasting in his rookie year. KD was nothing in his rookie year.

One was a silver card. The other will be a gold.

Rookie Jordan is going to be a 90 overall comfortably. Unless they completely nerf him.

It's not the same at all. Not even close.

You're giving people a top 10 card (for the position) right off the bat. It's madness.

And yes there will always be cheese. But that's not really the point. They should be making the cheese more difficult not significantly easier.
From the stream last night, it was said the card and ratings were to be based on the moment Jordan first stepped foot on a professional basketball court, before anyone really knew what he was to become. From what they said, I would expect the card to be rated much lower than the one from 2K15, which was based on the end of his rookie season. Furthermore, the card colors have a defined ratings range this year, which we know nothing about yet...I think it is a bit premature to get all excited about how overpowered the card may be. However, I would expect it to be a bit better than the Durant card because everyone that preordered got that one, whereas this card will be given away with the Jordan edition at a $20 premium.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #31
The Magic

zasbury25's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Then do what FIFA did with their price restrictions.
It's bad enough that nothing, regardless of color, can be sold for under 500mt...that either needs to go away or be modified based on color tier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3
Getting rid of Pink Diamond is probably the best news Ive heard. It ruined/killed the game off too early. To give away the best players to keyboard warriors who can sit around on cpu all day makes zero sense in the business profit mode. But 2 guys got a lot of social media followers. Im sure their pockets got full.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »