Home

NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #17
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I'm not sure why they would release a demo. It's basically NHL 15 with goalie improvements and EASHL (if you have a group of guys who still support this game). I'm sure the team put a lot of work into the game, but there's not a lot that they've announced that you would notice in a demo.
Better ai defense. Better defense positioning. Sliders to make the stick not go through players. Better presentation. Real stadium atmosphere. Team goal horns and songs. Better puck physics. Fixed glitched goals. Doesn't seem the same as 15 to me.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #18
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
this place is getting to be as bad as the EA forums.
so much whining.
i think the changes that have been announced for NHL 16 have been excellent and i look forward to getting my hands on this.
Its getting hard for certain games to grab the interest of both hardcore fans and those who may be new. NHL is one sport I just recently started to take interest in and it can be hard to just jump into a sport without any real knowledge.

I hope NHL 16 brings the tutorial section like Madden has in regards to strategy and formations.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #19
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I for one am excited for 16. I was excited for 15, and it was a shocking last minute let down. Everything about the way it was handled was a mess—especially the hidden under-developed state of it.

I enjoy a lot of the constructive criticism/dreaming for the game in this community, and participate in it at times as well. For the most part though, to me, NHL was a huge success last gen. With a pretty decent slider tool box, I was able to have a blast with the game from 07 right through to 15. In that time I'd say 12 was, for me, the least enjoyed game, and 15 the best due to its incremental improvements over the series reset with the skating engine introduced in 13.

If 16 current gen is another disaster I'll join the more fervent band of EA NHL malcontents.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #20
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I for one am excited for 16. I was excited for 15, and it was a shocking last minute let down. Everything about the way it was handled was a mess—especially the hidden under-developed state of it.

I enjoy a lot of the constructive criticism/dreaming for the game in this community, and participate in it at times as well. For the most part though, to me, NHL was a huge success last gen. With a pretty decent slider tool box, I was able to have a blast with the game from 07 right through to 15. In that time I'd say 12 was, for me, the least enjoyed game, and 15 the best due to its incremental improvements over the series reset with the skating engine introduced in 13.

If 16 current gen is another disaster I'll join the more fervent band of EA NHL malcontents.
Absolutely this!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #21
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
Better ai defense. Better defense positioning. Sliders to make the stick not go through players. Better presentation. Real stadium atmosphere. Team goal horns and songs. Better puck physics. Fixed glitched goals. Doesn't seem the same as 15 to me.
I think I've heard this all before. If all of that stuff was really in you would think they would want to show it off in a demo. EA access isn't available for ps4 players so you're basically cutting out a whole console from trying the game early. It seems a little ignorant to me, especially after how terribly received 15 was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I think I've heard this all before. If all of that stuff was really in you would think they would want to show it off in a demo. EA access isn't available for ps4 players so you're basically cutting out a whole console from trying the game early. It seems a little ignorant to me, especially after how terribly received 15 was.
It's not EA's fault that Access isn't available for the PS4. Blame Sony for that one.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #23
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It's not EA's fault that Access isn't available for the PS4. Blame Sony for that one.
I wasn't blaming them for it. I know the EA Access details, it doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. If your game is so improved from what was the worst in the series then release a demo for everyone to get excited about. The only way to test out this all new reworked EASHL is to buy or rent the worst rated game in the series if you're on ps4.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:12 PM   #24
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
My option on EA and its sports titles are pretty low right now.

Begin of rant

I feel like they're out to just make as much profit as they can year in and year out doing the minimum amount of work. They're at a point where they are satisfied with the status quo, instead of trying to be innovative and push the gaming industry forward. EA spends its time on gimmick features that entice people to buy the game, but dont work properly which then gets removed in the next installment. The same core problems remain in the game year in and year out. For the last decade or so they have been recycling the same things over and over. When a new console comes out they stripe the game now and slowly at the old features back in, until the next time it's time to start over again and repeat the same process. It's sad when a game over 10 years old has more features than the current version. The dlc is integrated into the core game, that adds nothing to the actual game, or should have been included with the game from the start.

By doing this they can increase their profits and purchase exclusive contracts from other companies/leagues, preventing others from innovating the games, hence allowing them to keep the status quo. People will continue to buy these games for many reasons, but mainly because there is no alternative, partly do to exclusive licenses.

I can go on and on, but I won't
You realize EA's main job is to make money for its shareholders, right? I hate it myself, but the quicker people realize this, the easier it is to move on. It's a hard reality, but you'll start understanding why they do some of the things they do, right or wrong. I'll try the beta, but it'll take a lot for me to buy this year's iteration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »