Home

PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 01:49 PM   #17
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I was so high on PES.

But lack of sliders and fouls has steered me away.

The game plays too much like bumper cars. Guys getting knocked over and knocked down left & right.

I've seen less than 5 fouls total in all of the videos I've watched including vs. CPU.

Very disappointing.
It's weird. The 1st video we had access to (weeks ago) had a good amount of fouls but since then they've been noticeably missing. IMO there are 2 things that they could do that would address it:

1. Limit the animation where the dribbler jumps/hops over the challenge to guys with high dribbling + agility traits AND

2. More importantly, decrease the success rate for tackles. Even the slide tackles look to be waaay to accurate. IRL you might see 1 or 2 successful, clean slide tackles per game. I hate to keep bringing up FIFA but for YEARS the main intent on defense was to charge & ram into the guy with the ball. This changed a few years back when they started calling it correctly. It immediately made people change the way they played and focused them on team defending.

Their collision engine is capable of it (you were able to ride challenges very well in PES 15 once you got the hang of dribbling) and the CPU looks more aggressive but there are just far too many clean tackles.

Last edited by KG; 08-11-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #18

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

Looks like it's going to be fast, arcadey and probably more fun for the casual gamers. Problem is, casual gamers are still going to prefer FIFA 9 times out of 10 regardless. So, whatever.

I just want fouls, but looks like that ain't happening this year. That would slow the gameplay down too much I guess, smh.

Last edited by dubcity; 08-11-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #19
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Crossing by CPU is lacking again and the fouls needs to be addressed. I'm a huge fan of PES but this doesn't look that promising to me.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 3

Hm, still no fouls.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

So far, does this game look like a big enough difference for you guys from PES 2015? I gave 2015 a chance, and was going to give 2016 a chance if they carried the momentum forward. It doesn't look to me like that is happening
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 08:13 AM   #22
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
So far, does this game look like a big enough difference for you guys from PES 2015? I gave 2015 a chance, and was going to give 2016 a chance if they carried the momentum forward. It doesn't look to me like that is happening
Yes I think there is a good enough difference between this and 2015. I feel like if you really enjoyed last years game it seems you will enjoy PES 16 even with the apparent lack of fouls. I like most of what I see with from this years version I am just a little disappointed that Konami always find some way to take one step forward and two steps backwards. Good news there is still some time to correct certain things with this year game after the demo drops, I am just not sure fouls is one of them.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #23
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik

yes.. by the new slide tackles and defensive clearances animations alone.. not to mention a few new keeper ones. It looks like to me the new slide tackles change the gameplay from last year alone...

one difference you can't see in the videos that they are saying is a difference from last year is the control responsiveness and better collisions. I already thought the control was great last year so I'm really interested and seeing what this feels like in the demo

Last edited by steveeee; 08-12-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
yes.. by the new slide tackles and defensive clearances animations alone.. not to mention a few new keeper ones. It looks like to me the new slide tackles change the gameplay from last year alone...

one difference you can't see in the videos that they are saying is a difference from last year is the control responsiveness and better collisions. I already thought the control was great last year so I'm really interested and seeing what this feels like in the demo
Ya i really liked the controls last year. If they've improved collisions, and they desperately needed to, that will go a ways to improving things. But i still see so many of the issues that were in 2015. I'll have to try the demo tomorrow to know better, but at first look I'm a bit worried.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »