Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-11-2015, 11:35 PM   #49
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I'm pretty sure nobody on there voted for "let me see players true draft value." Nobody has ever asked for that, yet here it is while we're still without CPU vs. CPU being turned on or, most egregiously, formation subs.

Edit: It just sort of shocks me because they could have gotten it right with almost no extra effort. Let me hire a scout, and depending on how good they are give me more/less accurate data. Have the scout bring players up to me. "This guy is projected in the 5th but I think he's a 2nd round talent." "This guy is expected to go in the 3rd but guys in the 6th round rate better with me." Etc. You'd keep the excitement without having a button that tells you exactly when a player should be drafted.
Actually, looks like it was requested around E3 time according to this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ons-kolbe.html
Old 08-11-2015, 11:44 PM   #50
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

On the show tonight Rex gave out a lot of good info, one thing he said was animation quality is his big focus right now, along with eliminating physics bumps, slides, pops, and warps. He also said they brought in the Seattle defensive coach recently to start looking at run fits and gap play. He also talked about how there probably won't be a "ratings czar" anymore, but ratings will be more based off of nfl stats and telemetry from the season.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
On the show tonight Rex gave out a lot of good info, one thing he said was animation quality is his big focus right now, along with eliminating physics bumps, slides, pops, and warps. He also said they brought in the Seattle defensive coach recently to start looking at run fits and gap play. He also talked about how there probably won't be a "ratings czar" anymore, but ratings will be more based off of nfl stats and telemetry from the season.
So, sounds like they are eliminating his position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 11:59 PM   #52
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I really don't think they understand the CCM userbase at all.

We as a CCM user base are pretty divided once we get past our Deep Sim CCM "platform."

It's admittedly hard to please even half of us. I don't envy their job.

For example many of us play in Sim leagues. However the rules in each sim league are materially different. So what is truly sim?

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-12-2015, 03:22 AM   #53
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If Rex's team can eliminate the warping and sliding on the defensive side of the ball, this game can really begin to move towards football simulation. It is one of the last major frontiers left to develop as far as on the field gameplay is concerned. They obviously need to keep refining their physics and other engines, but I can only imagine what it could become in another 3 years. I hope that individual player A.I. is something that they are looking at as well. Each player needs to be "reading" their offensive and defensive keys, running and passing lanes, hips and eyes of players, etc.

Hey, a football fan can dream right?
Old 08-12-2015, 05:28 AM   #54
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

I know its been said already but I also want to say that losing scouting points if you can't scout is awful for online CFMs. These leagues go year round. Everybody in a league has certain weeks where they just can't get on their console and play whether its an hour long game or 10 minutes for scouting and game prep. There is work and family responsibilities that keep people from playing during a given week and things like vacation, holidays, or illness that can force people to miss multiple weeks in game at a time. Last year people were already upset that they would basically lose the XP from Game Prep while they were away. Now they'll lose scouting points and fall even further behind?

No matter how you want to support the idea that its "more realistic", the bottom-line is that its just not conducive to keeping online CFMs full and competitive year-round.

If they at least added the ability to scout and do game prep online then maybe that could have at least softened the blow.

All in all, I just really don't understand why they changed scouting. The system last year was good and the only thing missing was combine results.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 08-12-2015, 05:36 AM   #55
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Seems to me that many people in this thread, and EA, completely miss the boat on scouting. That is, of course, in my not so humble opinion.

Two seemingly obvious solutions immediately come to mind :

1. Toggle switch - scout points rollover - on/off

2. Scouting difficulty setting -

Rookie - you get it all and it is all displayed, no scouting required - oddly enough it is how Madden used to be circa M03 "true draft value" = unnecessary

Pro - physical and durability ratings are there, scout points for intangibles, technique ratings, and potential/development "true draft value" = available to scout

All-Pro - combine numbers, scout points for everything else - discipline, development, confidence, consistency are all available for scouting, "true draft value" = are you kidding me? Guess just like NFL scouts do!!!

All-Madden - combine numbers, scout for anything else, discipline, development, confidence, consistency are not available for scouting, someone is gonna ask about true draft value I bet...

Personally I find the debate over scouting in Madden ridiculous - NFL teams not only have entire teams of scouts that work year rd, but they almost all share raw data and pay "outside scouting services" for their data and opinions.

Combine interviews, extensive background investigations, personal conversations with players` college and high school coaches, I mean seriously the need for scouting in Madden only exists because certain real world elements can not exist within a video game - work ethic, passion, drive, mental toughness, desire, peer pressure, eating habits, drugs, women, bad influences from family, friends, associates.

What makes the draft so fascinating, so compelling, and in point of fact so difficult to do well is that the "prizes" in the draft are human and thus you get some amazing stories on both ends of the spectrum - J. Russell who ate his way out of the league, or that undrafted player who is too small, but just flat out gets it done some way some how - like C. Beasley...

I would prefer the way old way - "word problems" I think someone in here said...

...give me a certain number of scouts and a certain budget to use, let me hire fictitious "scouts" with strengths and weaknesses, and varying levels of accuracy and then just "auto" scout and let it be like it is in the NFL - basically a game of chance...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 06:22 AM   #56
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Seems to me that many people in this thread, and EA, completely miss the boat on scouting. That is, of course, in my not so humble opinion.

Two seemingly obvious solutions immediately come to mind :

1. Toggle switch - scout points rollover - on/off

2. Scouting difficulty setting -

Rookie - you get it all and it is all displayed, no scouting required - oddly enough it is how Madden used to be circa M03 "true draft value" = unnecessary

Pro - physical and durability ratings are there, scout points for intangibles, technique ratings, and potential/development "true draft value" = available to scout

All-Pro - combine numbers, scout points for everything else - discipline, development, confidence, consistency are all available for scouting, "true draft value" = are you kidding me? Guess just like NFL scouts do!!!

All-Madden - combine numbers, scout for anything else, discipline, development, confidence, consistency are not available for scouting, someone is gonna ask about true draft value I bet...

Personally I find the debate over scouting in Madden ridiculous - NFL teams not only have entire teams of scouts that work year rd, but they almost all share raw data and pay "outside scouting services" for their data and opinions.

Combine interviews, extensive background investigations, personal conversations with players` college and high school coaches, I mean seriously the need for scouting in Madden only exists because certain real world elements can not exist within a video game - work ethic, passion, drive, mental toughness, desire, peer pressure, eating habits, drugs, women, bad influences from family, friends, associates.

What makes the draft so fascinating, so compelling, and in point of fact so difficult to do well is that the "prizes" in the draft are human and thus you get some amazing stories on both ends of the spectrum - J. Russell who ate his way out of the league, or that undrafted player who is too small, but just flat out gets it done some way some how - like C. Beasley...

I would prefer the way old way - "word problems" I think someone in here said...

...give me a certain number of scouts and a certain budget to use, let me hire fictitious "scouts" with strengths and weaknesses, and varying levels of accuracy and then just "auto" scout and let it be like it is in the NFL - basically a game of chance...
Word problems were by far he most realistic way to scout. It's basically exactly what happens when a coach sits down with his scouts in the off season. They don't say "CB X has a man coverage rating of A, press coverage rating of A, and zone coverage rating of D" they say "CB X is a press man corner who tends to get lost in zone coverage". They could even go the NBA 2k route and break it down to strengths and weaknesses "great ball skills, can run with any receiver, jams guys at the line consistently" "lost in zone, afraid to tackle, needs to become more aware"

Not only is it more realistic but it also becomes a meta game in knowing what youre looking for in players and how to decifer the scouts info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »