Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions (ZFarls)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions (ZFarls) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2015, 06:08 AM   #41
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Draft Champions (ZFarls)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
idk man looked like a pretty good deep ball to me

Those type of catches are the worst. The one handed catches need to have such a high drop rate that they happen almost never. It's like dudes hitting half court threes the entire game of hoops. I don't mind if they happen every once in a while but I already know from what I've seen they're going to be annoying. They're not dropped or knocked loose anywhere near enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 06:22 AM   #42
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

We see the punch out animation happen to finneran twice and both times the ball behaves exactly the same way. The ball not being dynamic was one of my biggest fears, the improvements are good I just wish they were better implemented.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:26 AM   #43
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
That Russel bomb to Finnegan was terrible. EA will never get it right until they have competition
Old 08-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #44
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I must be crazy. I'm the only who who seems to think what I saw looked suspect. QBs throwing darts despite being off balance, Finneran is Mossing people, outside run not stopped, fb dice not stopped.

Just saying, maybe I need to watch it again
Oh there was a lot of madden moments, no doubt. Maybe it was the camera and speed settings but it had a PS2 era vibe to it imo. Sim or not, I actually had fun with those games at least.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #45
EA Game Changer

ZFarls's Arena

OVR: 19

One note (working on more video for you guys)

Draft Champions and "Play Now" ratings for QB Deep Acc are slightly different in my opinion. I think the QB's have a little better throwing downfield in DC but in Play Now a QB like Russell Wilson can't make that one throw with the feet moving downfield. It makes deep passes and "one handers" inconsistent at absolute best.

I really struggled to throw the deep ball downfield with consistency with either a bad QB or in Play now.

Penalties! - Sliders are really good AND penalties happen far more often in regular play now mode. There is more holding and DPI imo, but in Draft Champs they are more the penalties you cause like late hits or offside.

Draft Champs is going to look different with the ratings matches potentially being a 23 point difference with a legend against a base 70 at times.

The game plays a little tighter in play now or at higher difficulty or with sliders etc. So, I want to try and get you one of those and appreciate you dudes, thanks.
EA Sports Game Changer
Author of Madden NFL 12 Official Players Guide + NCAA Football 12 Prima Guide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 09:34 AM   #46
Rookie

bears1387's Arena

That would be cool if we could watch some actual gameplay from two teams that actually exist as opposed to all of this fantasy draft bull****, the reason Madden has had problems is because they focus too much on pleasing the nerdbase instead of the people who like a real NFL simulation.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:34 AM   #47
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFarls
One note (working on more video for you guys)

Draft Champions and "Play Now" ratings for QB Deep Acc are slightly different in my opinion. I think the QB's have a little better throwing downfield in DC but in Play Now a QB like Russell Wilson can't make that one throw with the feet moving downfield. It makes deep passes and "one handers" inconsistent at absolute best.

I really struggled to throw the deep ball downfield with consistency with either a bad QB or in Play now.

Penalties! - Sliders are really good AND penalties happen far more often in regular play now mode. There is more holding and DPI imo, but in Draft Champs they are more the penalties you cause like late hits or offside.

Draft Champs is going to look different with the ratings matches potentially being a 23 point difference with a legend against a base 70 at times.

The game plays a little tighter in play now or at higher difficulty or with sliders etc. So, I want to try and get you one of those and appreciate you dudes, thanks.
Wow its disheartening to me that draft champions and play now play differently. Seems like DC is just a game mode where they want "wow" moments to happen. Better qb deep accuracy and less penalties, I was looking forward to trying the mode but it's looking like it's not for me.

Last edited by SolidSquid; 08-14-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:04 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears1387
That would be cool if we could watch some actual gameplay from two teams that actually exist as opposed to all of this fantasy draft bull****, the reason Madden has had problems is because they focus too much on pleasing the nerdbase instead of the people who like a real NFL simulation.
Let's put it this way...nerdbase makes up 85% of your consumers, whereas sim heads make up 15%. You mark to the casual fans because they are the bigger % of your sales.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »