Home

Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang

This is a discussion on Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #273
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Lightly contested shots. Heavily contested shots will miss more than last year. Don't worry. It's perfect.
Mike,

Can lightly contested shots get perfect green release? Before you said contested shots couldn't get perfect releases does that apply for lightly contested or is it just a ratings drop?
Old 08-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wa

I think the most sensible thing for timing on jump shot should be:

Feedback: Let the user know if that was the right release and the shot quality.

For example if you take a bad shot and the release was perfect, it doesnt go in. But atleast you know if the release was right. Get rid of the whole yellow bar on the line scenario.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #275
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Green releases are much rarer in NBA 2K16 and also no longer 100%

Quote:
There have been battles even internally over missed green releases, especially now that they're so hard to get. I really think it's an unsolvable problem. The best news I can give you is that our shots engineer has made just about every knob I use to tune shooting modifiable on the server side post release just like a roster update. So if there's something the community isn't happy with I can tweak the system and update your games without the need for a patch. So what happened with patch 4 last year will never happen again.

How about green releases mean perfect on wide open shots and occur more often on wide open shots only. And I mean WIDE open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #276
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Lightly contested shots. Heavily contested shots will miss more than last year. Don't worry. It's perfect.

Great, this is how it should have been from the start. Glad it's fixed. Shots are contested all the time in the NBA, but a guy should almost never make a heavily contested one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #277
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Mike as always appreciate your intimacy and your hardcore basketball mind.

As you've almost answered all of the concerns here and it seems that all in for better now yet; my main problem and question will be most of the guy here knows that shots that are close to shot-clock will drop at an enormous ratio. I mean it's generally known as SHOT CLOCK cheese and it definitely has its comeback after patch4 it's back, it was gone sort of but it's back afterwards so has it been fixed ?

I don't wanna see shot clock cheese no more.

Thanks in advance, appreciated.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:10 PM   #278
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
that post about the over dribbling. ALL MY YESES. im sorry but things like that makes me really think the people behind 2k (espcially in the park) has NEVER touched a BBALL outside of a mandatory gym class. NOBODY should be able to dribble for 22 of the 24 seconds like shown in the park to get rewarded with a point at the end that looks EFFORTLESS. like come on, stop enabling people from doing this BS and being rewarded. i have no problem with people using the prostick but bruh <_<.

shot fatigue needs to come back, and i hate that im saying this. its funny watching people take shot after shot after shot with no penalty anymore or (since the demi gods came) to see people with the G! Symbol in the recv pulling up from near half court still draining shots. Limit that too while we are at it.
The dribbling BS: My dude, Thank You.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #279
Rookie

OVR: 4

A perfectly released shot goes in. Be it wide open or appearing contested.

I understand that players miss open shots. To that I say, just because a guy was open doesn't mean that he released it perfectly.

As a scout, one of the things used to evaluate a prospect as a shooter is how repeatable his shot/release is. It's a key component. A guy that perfectly shoots his shot, makes it.

Now if they will make this work by saying defense lowers the likelihood of a perfectly released shot, I'm fine with that. That or that guys will have specific ranges they work from best, I am fine with.

Being told that perfectly released shots don't always go in simply doesn't work for me.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:56 PM   #280
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Can anyone from 2k (Beluba, Czar) comment on the probability distribution of the shot release? I always felt that the feedback implied a bell curve normal distribution with the perfect release being the high point - so if you're "slightly" early or "slightly" late, you should see "slightly" less shots go in.

But in reality it always felt like if you were just a hairline away from perfect, you get severly penalized. Sort of like skee ball when aiming for the 50 point hole...if you get it then good but if you are just slightly off you end up falling into the worse hole (10 point hole).

I can't prove this of course as have no way of automating the controller but I'm not the only one who's noticed this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »