Home

Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang

This is a discussion on Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 05:20 PM   #281
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Mike,

Can lightly contested shots get perfect green release? Before you said contested shots couldn't get perfect releases does that apply for lightly contested or is it just a ratings drop?
its called Excellent release. you gonna confuse the casuals that visit this site
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #282
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccc
I think the most sensible thing for timing on jump shot should be:

Feedback: Let the user know if that was the right release and the shot quality.

For example if you take a bad shot and the release was perfect, it doesnt go in. But atleast you know if the release was right. Get rid of the whole yellow bar on the line scenario.
The right release = green , late = red=slighlty late/early= yellow.
The release can be right but the situation will cause a miss with ratings and defensive pressure applied
Old 08-15-2015, 05:27 PM   #283
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoKing
A perfectly released shot goes in. Be it wide open or appearing contested.

I understand that players miss open shots. To that I say, just because a guy was open doesn't mean that he released it perfectly.

As a scout, one of the things used to evaluate a prospect as a shooter is how repeatable his shot/release is. It's a key component. A guy that perfectly shoots his shot, makes it.

Now if they will make this work by saying defense lowers the likelihood of a perfectly released shot, I'm fine with that. That or that guys will have specific ranges they work from best, I am fine with.

Being told that perfectly released shots don't always go in simply doesn't work for me.
in 2k we have these numbers called ratings that are a big factor in determining shot success. If a player has a garbage midrange rating he shouldn't be able to do this on HOF SIM just because i get a " EXCELLENT" release.

http://xboxclips.com/Teebone21/e59c9...b5043b49/embed

http://xboxclips.com/Teebone21/915fb...c1148e5b/embed

You guys hear the word perfect and think automatic 2 points even when the game says EXCELLENT when using meter or alphabetic shot feedback at the top of the screen.

Last edited by thedream2k16; 08-15-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #284
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Lightly contested shots. Heavily contested shots will miss more than last year. Don't worry. It's perfect.
This should be end of discussion. Only 40 more days !!!!
Old 08-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #285
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
This should be end of discussion. Only 40 more days !!!!
Nuff said I'm good!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 06:17 PM   #286
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoKing
A perfectly released shot goes in. Be it wide open or appearing contested.

I understand that players miss open shots. To that I say, just because a guy was open doesn't mean that he released it perfectly.

As a scout, one of the things used to evaluate a prospect as a shooter is how repeatable his shot/release is. It's a key component. A guy that perfectly shoots his shot, makes it.

Now if they will make this work by saying defense lowers the likelihood of a perfectly released shot, I'm fine with that. That or that guys will have specific ranges they work from best, I am fine with.

Being told that perfectly released shots don't always go in simply doesn't work for me.
All 2K would need to do (other than what Beluba said earlier) is change the wording to "Great Release" or "Excellent Release" and this ENTIRE PROBLEM could be avoided.

So many people just like you are thinking "it says Perfect, so it MUST go in. Perfect is just that: Perfect. No flaws. Make the basket."

I seriously hope 2K renames it to Great or Excellent...otherwise people will be continuing to try to make three-pointers with Dwight Howard.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:19 PM   #287
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
It's always great to hear you guys working on actual simulation aspects of the game instead of trying to make it comfy for the masses.
is it really the masses? i think it's just the kids personally, i didn't know many adults doing all the cheese that the kids at the stage were doing, now it seems like everyone has a demi-god or cheeses, but then i realize all the adults i knew that played the game left 2k behind a while ago hoping they don't break 2k16 like they did 15
Old 08-15-2015, 06:48 PM   #288
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
in 2k we have these numbers called ratings that are a big factor in determining shot success. If a player has a garbage midrange rating he shouldn't be able to do this on HOF SIM just because i get a " EXCELLENT" release.

http://xboxclips.com/Teebone21/e59c9...b5043b49/embed

http://xboxclips.com/Teebone21/915fb...c1148e5b/embed

You guys hear the word perfect and think automatic 2 points even when the game says EXCELLENT when using meter or alphabetic shot feedback at the top of the screen.
In your attempt to be a condescending you either missed or purposely skipped the many context clues I added to make clear I am speaking exclusively of a perfectly released shot.

If the shot has an A+ release. It should be going in. Reasons being the player was within his range and perfectly released the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »