Home

Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang

This is a discussion on Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 06:51 PM   #289
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wa

A perfect release means the TIMING is perfect. That doesn't mean you put enough power into it or shot it accurately. There's no reason green releases should go in every time.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #290
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoKing
In your attempt to be a condescending you either missed or purposely skipped the many context clues I added to make clear I am speaking exclusively of a perfectly released shot.

If the shot has an A+ release. It should be going in. Reasons being the player was within his range and perfectly released the ball.
A+ is shot quality actually and no it shouldnt go in. Quality means you took a shot from a "non cold spot" on a spot on the floor where the player is effective WITHOUT defensive player adjusting your % by contesting the shot and a good release. Thats what the A+ means

The game is more complicated than you think but 2k15 has everyone thinking that Green = auto points. It was broken as my video showed and those are poor quality shots taking long range post fades and FT line jumpers with dwight howard

I will make one with reggie evans during a online game tonight just for you. One of the worst shooters in the league and entire midrange is his cold spot
Old 08-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #291
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSOR24
A perfect release means the TIMING is perfect. That doesn't mean you put enough power into it or shot it accurately. There's no reason green releases should go in every time.
if thats your definition of "perfect" then it's not perfect. A perfect release is just that, perfect in all aspects of a shot, the timing, the distance and accuracy. If it were just perfect timing then it would be called perfect timing and not perfect release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #292
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx
if thats your definition of "perfect" then it's not perfect. A perfect release is just that, perfect in all aspects of a shot, the timing, the distance and accuracy. If it were just perfect timing then it would be called perfect timing and not perfect release.
But in real life you could release the ball the exact same way every time and still miss. When I watch a Steph Curry miss, his shot usually doesn't look different from when he makes it. The context of the shot should matter infinitely more than the form.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #293
Pro

Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by svit
I bet that someone has already suggested that but:

What about a system where green release only means player can make a shot only at max of his real %?

For example (not actual statistics) - Lebron James - top left 3pt area:
- hit 70.2 % of uncontested shots
- hit 12,5 % of contested shots

The green release for Lebron James in this area only means, that he will hit in 70.2 % when uncontested and only 12.5% if the shot is contested. Maybe we could break down uncontested/contested shots even further... for example:

Green Release:
- hit 70.2% when uncontested
- hit 27.6 % when lightly contested
- hit 12,5 % when contested

Yellow Release (slightly early/late):
- hit 33.4% when uncontested
- hit 15.6% when lightly contested
- hit 5.5% when contested

Red Release (very early/late):
- hit 8.5% when uncontested
- hit 1.5% when lightly contested
- hit 0.05% when contested

I think that with such a system we will have a good compromise between user skills and realistic shooting percentage. In order to compete you will have to learn player shooting release, but also you can't except to make trees after threes with green releases with Deandre Jordan...

Just my 5 cents...
I suggested This exact idea on a you-tuber's video a month ago. The comment section chewed me up. I see people don't want realistic. They just want easy.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #294
Pro

Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I asked for this two years in a row it is the way to go IMO as long as they have rational decisions to do the ratings when there is a player with not enough data or shots.
I've wanted this in 2k for years man. NBA Live has a contested shot rating though.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:38 PM   #295
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSOR24
But in real life you could release the ball the exact same way every time and still miss. When I watch a Steph Curry miss, his shot usually doesn't look different from when he makes it. The context of the shot should matter infinitely more than the form.
The context should matter more. You are 100% correct and I agree.

However, the release on makes and misses are not exactly the same and that's why this is frustrating. They have a ton of resources, including many trained eyes. Those trained eyes should be telling them this doesn't make sense. If a guy is in his range and gets his best release then the shot drops.

If they decided to hire a legit shooting coach to do some tech advising he'd point out to them the differences in release that make a guy make or miss.

I'm 100% with making green releases tougher to get. However, based on what they are supposed to represent based on the history of this series when a GREEN is achieved it should be a basket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #296
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

I think it's fair, shooting got way too easy after patch 4. Yeah, during first games was nice to see all the open shots with green releases fall, but it got boring soon. And while I haven't played online, I've seen all the BS thanks to some Youtube videos.

Also, it was frustrating to see someone like Tony Allen nail 3+ 3pters with barely 70 on 3pth shooting. Only people with 80+ should be able to shoot like that. And a lot of times, contesting the shots doesn't seem to matter, either.

I can't imagine how frustrating all the online "cheese" has been this year after patch 4, hopefully they will fix and balance it out for 2k16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »