Home

Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang

This is a discussion on Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 11:32 PM   #297
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoKing
The context should matter more. You are 100% correct and I agree.

However, the release on makes and misses are not exactly the same and that's why this is frustrating. They have a ton of resources, including many trained eyes. Those trained eyes should be telling them this doesn't make sense. If a guy is in his range and gets his best release then the shot drops.

If they decided to hire a legit shooting coach to do some tech advising he'd point out to them the differences in release that make a guy make or miss.

I'm 100% with making green releases tougher to get. However, based on what they are supposed to represent based on the history of this series when a GREEN is achieved it should be a basket.
how do you figure individual ratings into your equation? No matter the release, ratings matter

In realality all the debating is pointless. 2k fixed an issue that was very clearly noticed in 2k15 by thousands of people. Even their beloved youtube personalities complained bout it. Changes have been made and the issues are fixed per Mike Wang. Just sit back and wait to learn the game all over again in 2k16 without the crutch of 100% successful jumpshot from excellent release with every player regardless of ratings

If you are a offline only guy, you need to jump online and see the carnage to understand where many people are coming from.

Last edited by thedream2k16; 08-15-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:31 AM   #298
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

Re: Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wa

Quote:

However, the release on makes and misses are not exactly the same and that's why this is frustrating. They have a ton of resources, including many trained eyes. Those trained eyes should be telling them this doesn't make sense. If a guy is in his range and gets his best release then the shot drops.

If they decided to hire a legit shooting coach to do some tech advising he'd point out to them the differences in release that make a guy make or miss.

I'm 100% with making green releases tougher to get. However, based on what they are supposed to represent based on the history of this series when a GREEN is achieved it should be a basket.
the shot meter doesnt factor in all the shot mechanics that shooting coaches look for when someone is shooting and other underlying factors that effects ones shooting, it solely measures the release point of the ball.

Thats why making a green releases go in 100% of the time was such a faulty design. The shot meter isnt as sophisticated as you think it is.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:56 AM   #299
MVP

OVR: 1
Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mik...

Quote:

The tiny variations in a pro basketball players' release after he has to bring his body into shooting form from a dribbling or running motion, gauge distance, while contested by the largest humans on the planet that determine a make or a miss have almost ZERO correlation to timing a single button release to an animation while sitting on your couch. Any system that allows a consistent way to achieve a green that bypasses the simulation engine is unworkable.

And nothing in the history of the series says a green release means a 100% make, or that some color means some automatic rate of success. Green releases were only put in last year, and ended up badly breaking the game after patch 4, or distracted casuals from focusing on real basketball. In fact, the mechanic reminiscent of older and more casual games was the first time it was added to shooting in 2k.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:03 AM   #300
Banned

I only play career mode and park, but mainly career. I only got the game after patch 3 in 2k15, and I had a maxed out shooter smacking the hell out of the line on jumpshots. I could never get any green releases, and despite the fact I only took completely wide open 3's (as my shots were never dropping), I was shooting mid 20's from 3.

If I have to go back to that in 2k16 I won't be playing it much. After patch 4 (HoF sim), I now shoot around 46% from 3. Admittedly the park is a around 70-80% from 3 regardless of how they are contested, but why not just make park HoF sim too?

I think people forget how horrible patch 3 was in my career - the amount of blown wide open layups for instance was horrendous. Because of P4, I worry that P3 in mycareer is now held up as the aim - it was horrible.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:31 AM   #301
Just started!

i shoot about 87 percent of my threes. Here is what I do (for Ps4) I hold R2 trigger the step back animation i use kyrie everything right when the animation finishes i pull up money majority of the time. I use jump shot 72 took me a while to find out what was the problem but this works
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »